Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Usage

Old 23rd March 2018, 08:36   #1  |  Link
galliano

Script for QTGMC 3.357 - one error after the other

Hi Guys,

I intended to deinterlace and upscale a bit my video(s) and after reading about the QTGMC I started this project…I thought the whole thing would run pretty smooth, but I truly underestimated the task. I hope that somebody here can help me

This is my scenario:

The input video source are several scenes recorded with a mini-DV camcorder and edited with Sony Vegas 5. The video format is: 720x576i, 25 fps, aspect ratio 16:9

My goal is an x264 output processed via MeGui, deinterlaced, upsized to 1280x720, AC3 Audio, in MKV container.

I have followed the instructions in qtgmc wiki, and http://www.bubblevision.com/underwat...Tube-Vimeo.htm, but all I get one error after the other

First I rendered (Render as) to aa.avi via Debugmode Frameserver, Format RGB24

Then I loaded this short script into MeGui:

Code:
LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files\AviSynth 2.6\Plugins\mvtools2.dll")
LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files\AviSynth 2.6\Plugins\masktools2.dll")
LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files\AviSynth 2.6\Plugins\nnedi3.dll")
LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files\AviSynth 2.6\Plugins\RgTools.dll")
LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files\AviSynth 2.6\Plugins\PlanarTools.dll")
Import("C:\Program Files\AviSynth 2.6\Plugins\QTGMC.avsi")
Import("C:\Program Files\AviSynth 2.6\Plugins\SMDegrain_v3.1.2.93s.avsi")
AviSource("E:\aa.avi")
ConvertToYV12(interlaced=true, matrix="PC.709")
AssumeBFF
QTGMC(Preset="slow")
Lanczos3Resize(1280,720)
...a disaster! Basically, for all the first lines I got the error messages below, so I “commented” [#] all the lines one by one. And the last error message, well that was basically it…QTGMC is not running at all

unable to load "C:\Program Files\AviSynth 2.5\plugins\masktools2.dll", error=0xc1
Plugin: C:\Program Files\AviSynth 2.5\plugins\needi3.dll is not an AviSynth 2.6 plugin
Plugin: C:\Program Files\AviSynth 2.5\plugins\Rgtools.dll is not an AviSynth 2.6 plugin
Plugin: C:\Program Files\AviSynth 2.5\plugins\PlanarTools.dll is not an AviSynth 2.6 plugin
Script Error: there is no function named "mt_makediff" - QTGMC.avsi, line 918 & line 473

Additional information:

If I load the Debugmode Frameserver aa.avi with
Code:
AVISource()
Info()
I get: ColorSpace RGB24

If I load any original DV clip with
Code:
AVISource()
Info()
I get: ColorSpace RGB24

I am Running WIN XP SP3, the masktools ZIP file contains many versions for different OS. I tried all the versions, in the x86 folders, no success.

I downloaded QTGMC and all the core plugins & scripts from here
http://avisynth.nl/index.php/QTGMC

and 2 Optional Plugins and Scripts
- PlanarTools
- AnimeIVTC

AviSynth is from here https://sourceforge.net/projects/avisynth2/ (v2.6.0.)

What the hell am I doing wrong? Am I missing something in my script or some AviSynth plugin or am I dealing with a bug? I would be glad if somebody could drive me through this, I hope to have given useful information for a diagnosis and therapy

Thanks in advance for any advice

Last edited by galliano; 23rd March 2018 at 08:43.
galliano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2018, 10:51   #2  |  Link
Sharc

First off, completely uninstall your Avisynth 2.5 and Avisynth 2.6. installations. You seem to have both on your HD
Then do a clean reinstallation of Avisynth 2.6 and add the plugins with the correct version (for 2.6)
Sharc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2018, 11:18   #3  |  Link
fAy01

https://github.com/pinterf/AviSynthPlus/releases
https://github.com/pinterf?tab=repositories
Use this build and find avs+ plugins using the search on doom9/github/google, you should be good unless megui refuses to work with avs+.
fAy01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2018, 18:04   #4  |  Link
StainlessS
HeartlessS Usurer

Code:
LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files\AviSynth 2.6\Plugins\mvtools2.dll")
LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files\AviSynth 2.6\Plugins\masktools2.dll")
LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files\AviSynth 2.6\Plugins\nnedi3.dll")
LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files\AviSynth 2.6\Plugins\RgTools.dll")
LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files\AviSynth 2.6\Plugins\PlanarTools.dll")
Import("C:\Program Files\AviSynth 2.6\Plugins\QTGMC.avsi")
Import("C:\Program Files\AviSynth 2.6\Plugins\SMDegrain_v3.1.2.93s.avsi")
Also, plugins and Avsi's are auto loaded if in the Plugins directory, so all of above is unnecessary (only needed if located elsewhere).

Both previous posts are good advice.

If further problems, the try Groucho2004
Code:
AvsMeter -AvsInfo -log
with plugins in plugins directory and post log.

"Some infinities are bigger than other infinities", but how many of them are infinitely bigger ???
StainlessS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2018, 18:30   #5  |  Link
Groucho2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessS View Post
If further problems, the try Groucho2004
Code:
AvsMeter -AvsInfo -log
with plugins in plugins directory and post log.
I just want to point out that there is the "-c" switch for AVSMeter which enables the user to specify a custom plugin directory:
"avsmeter -avsinfo -c -log".
Old 23rd March 2018, 18:38   #6  |  Link
StainlessS
HeartlessS Usurer

I musta missed that, AvsMeter just keeps gettin' besterer and besterer.

"Some infinities are bigger than other infinities", but how many of them are infinitely bigger ???
Old 24th March 2018, 08:28   #7  |  Link
galliano

First of all thanks for taking care of my case guys

I uninstalled avisynth v. 2.5 and and 2.6, made a registry cleaning with CC, reinstalled everything, the error messages remain.

# unable to load "C:\Program Files\AviSynth 2.6.0\plugins\masktools2.dll", error=0xc1
# Plugin: C:\Program Files\AviSynth 2.6.0\plugins\needi3.dll is not an AviSynth 2.5 plugin
# Plugin: C:\Program Files\AviSynth 2.6.0\plugins\Rgtools.dll is not an AviSynth 2.5 plugin
# Plugin: C:\Program Files\AviSynth 2.6.0\plugins\PlanarTools.dll is not an AviSynth 2.5 plugin
# Script Error: there is no function named "mt_makediff" - QTGMC.avsi, line 918 & line 473

When starting the script for the first time after reinstall a Window message popped up "mvtools2 is not a valid windows image".

The mvtools I copied is the version mvtools-v2.5.11.22 from here:

http://avisynth.nl/index.php/MVTools

I am thinking, did I unpack the plugin correct in the directory? The ZIP file contains a "sources" folder...do I have to copy this too? If yes where? Sorry, I am a beginner with AviSynth.

Seen the error messages above I start to think...is MeGui maybe the problem? Then why is the error message saying is not an AviSynth 2.5 plugin?

I also looked at the AviSynth+ suggestion, but I did not figure out how to donwload the plugins from the repository and install them, when I download the file I get a xxx-master-zip with files I don't know how to handle

About the AvsMeter -AvsInfo -log...how do I do that? I just open the command prompt in the plugin directory and run the command?
Old 24th March 2018, 09:44   #8  |  Link
burfadel

Probably partly to do with running XP. Programs have to be compiled with XP support, which generally isn't done as it is potentially disadvantageous to people running a more modern OS. Remember XP is based on Windows 2000, which is 18 years old. You also need the supporting runtimes, and run in 32-bit mode since Windows XP is 32 bit (sans XP 64-bit which wasn't widely supported).

When all this is in place, it's quite possible you simply won't have the memory to run the script depending on what other functions you use and the performance may be poor.
burfadel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2018, 10:24   #9  |  Link
galliano

It' s just that I have this video edited in XP...wanted this done in XP before I kick the old OS out and movee to a new OS. The only alternative would be to render the whole in huffyuv, then Change OS, then reencode. But this would already lead to a quality loss
Old 24th March 2018, 10:31   #10  |  Link
Sharc

Try in MeGUI, Menu Settings, Tab Main Configuration:
Unselect "Always use the included Avisynth".

Could you successfully run simpler scripts before with your setup?
Old 24th March 2018, 10:40   #11  |  Link
Sharc

Quote:
Originally Posted by galliano View Post
It' s just that I have this video edited in XP...wanted this done in XP before I kick the old OS out and movee to a new OS. The only alternative would be to render the whole in huffyuv, then Change OS, then reencode. But this would already lead to a quality loss
You can change the OS. It does not matter under which OS you have processed your video before. No need for huffyuv etc.

Is your MeGUI perhaps outdated?
Old 24th March 2018, 12:34   #12  |  Link
Groucho2004

Quote:
About the AvsMeter -AvsInfo -log...how do I do that? I just open the command prompt in the plugin directory and run the command?
Download AVSMeter (link in my signature). Copy it to a directory of your choice, open a command prompt and run it from that directory. A dialog will appear to ask you where to save the log file.
Old 24th March 2018, 21:38   #13  |  Link
manolito

FWIW here is a complete oldfashioned AIO QTGMC package which works under Win XP and does not even require a CPU with SSE2 support:
https://files.videohelp.com/u/172211...%20No-SSE2.zip

Copy the files into your AviSynth\Plugins folder to make them autoload. Works with plain vanilla AVS 2.60. No high bit depth, no extended colour spaces. Just the basics, but it is stable.

If this package does not work for you then it's probably MeGui which is to blame. And it never hurts to install Ricktendo's latest VC++ redistribuatables AIO package from here:
http://repacks.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=125

Cheers
manolito
manolito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2018, 11:39   #14  |  Link
galliano

Groucho2004,I did the homework..I couldn't believe what my eyes saw. "avisynth version too old. Update to avisynth 2,6 or avisynth+

So I ran the version script Version() and got 2.6.0 as information.

The setting "Always use the included Avisynth" was already deactivated in MeGui. I activated and deactivated it again, but nothing changed.

Actually, I did not want to change the OS before finishing this. As far as I understood, Vegas 5 is not running under Win7 "out of the box". Additionally, on the same PC I am running Ubuntu and a WIN upgrade, usually, screws up the double boot parameters in grub, so I intended to avoid ending screwing around the complete system.

It must not necessarily be MeGui for me. Earlier I used Staxrip. but I saw that the last version is for Win7 or higher only.
Attached Images

Old 25th March 2018, 11:59   #15  |  Link
Groucho2004

Quote:
Groucho2004,I did the homework..I couldn't believe what my eyes saw. "avisynth version too old. Update to avisynth 2,6 or avisynth+
You may be using an early Avisynth 2.6 Alpha which would explain that message. By the way, attachments to posts here can take quite a while to be approved, I suggest you use some external site for them.
Old 25th March 2018, 12:31   #16  |  Link
galliano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groucho2004 View Post
You may be using an early Avisynth 2.6 Alpha which would explain that message.
I took it from here http://avisynth.nl/index.php/Main_Page

The link is leading to sourceforge and I thought the button "download the latest version avisynth_110525.exe would be fine.

Shall I use your universal installer? Which 2.6.0. version should I install?

Just the Avisynth 2.6.0 or rather Avisynth 2.6.0 ICL or Avisynth 2.6.0 MT (SEt)?

One screenshot is just showing the avsmeter message, avuisynth version is too old
The oder the avisynth version avisynth 2.60, build:May 25 2011 [19:58:41] - Ben Rudiak-Gould

Last edited by galliano; 25th March 2018 at 12:39.
Old 25th March 2018, 13:01   #17  |  Link
Groucho2004

Quote:
The link is leading to sourceforge and I thought the button "download the latest version avisynth_110525.exe would be fine.[/B]
Just as I thought, this version is way too old (2.6, Alpha3).

I recommend the following:
Uninstall the old Avisynth.
Additionally, do this:
- Delete "C:\Program Files\AviSynth" and subdirectories (just an example, your path to Avisynth may differ)
- Delete these registry keys:
"HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Avisynth"
"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Avisynth"

Install the standard 2.6 release Avisynth version:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/avi...atest/download

Copy the plugins needed to the plugin directory. I recommend pinterf's plugins, they all run fine on WinXP.

You probably need runtime libraries, I recommend this All-In-One package:
http://repacks.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=237

After that, run Avsmeter to check your install. Post the log!

Last edited by Groucho2004; 25th March 2018 at 13:11.
Groucho2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2018, 15:19   #18  |  Link
galliano

I am now pretty sure, that there is something wrong with the avisynth_110525.exe installer. You know why? I had the idea of installing virtualbox with WIN7 in my Ubuntu environment for running the avisynth script from there. So on the "virgin" virtual machine there was no trace of any AviSynth installations.

1st when starting the installer, the proposed directory ist program files\AviSynth 2.5!
2ND AVSmeter tells the same AviSynth version is too old

I can't believe it!

Last edited by galliano; 25th March 2018 at 15:34.
Old 25th March 2018, 17:34   #19  |  Link
StainlessS
HeartlessS Usurer

Quote:
2ND AVSmeter tells the same AviSynth version is too old
Because that is still the old version 2.6Alpha 3.

avisynth_110525.exe is 2.6 alpha 3, nothing but crashes because Alpha 4 onwards use plugin registering function AvisynthPluginInit3 (Alpha 3 and previous use AvisynthPluginInit2).

Here is v2.6 Final:- https://sourceforge.net/projects/avi...Synth%202.6.0/

Here is v2.61:- [EDIT: ORIGINAL LINK REMOVED] Get Link from Here(1st post):- https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=173517

You can choose either (I would go with v2.61).

or Avisynth v2.6+:- https://github.com/pinterf/AviSynthPlus/releases

Dont worry about "Avisynth 2.5" directory name, it may use that name if directory already exists (and Alpha 3 probably always suggests it).

Last edited by StainlessS; 25th March 2018 at 17:52.
Old 25th March 2018, 17:48   #20  |  Link
StainlessS
HeartlessS Usurer

galliano,

There was a problem with previously posted link in above post for avs v2.61, the link does not paste properley in D9 forum and actually takes you to the wrong page for v2.6 alpha 3.
Get the link from the new EDITED link above or here (from the first post):-
avs v2.61:- https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=173517

the problem was this link (starting http etc removed so is not a valid link)

Quote:
sourceforge.net/projects/avisynth2/files/AviSynth_Alpha_Releases/AVS%202.6.1%20Alpha%201%20[20160517]/
where the "[20160517]/" at the end does get properley parsed and pasted into the doom 9 forum post.

EDIT: This problem would likely have been cause of some confusion even prior to galliano difficulties.

EDIT: Dont know if FireFox or D9 forum changes caused problem, but the link posted by Wilbert in the v2.61 thread seems not to be broken.

Last edited by StainlessS; 25th March 2018 at 17:56.