Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players

Closed Thread

Old 2nd June 2008, 09:57   #2261  |  Link
FallenAngel

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallenAngel View Post
Can somebody compile the MPCVideoDecoder filter r525+ please?
Earlier versions are not good for my 8800GT

Thanks
Could someone fill my request, please?

I apologize for this, I usually don't like to bother people so I won't do this again I swear!

Thank you for your help.
Old 2nd June 2008, 10:39   #2262  |  Link
Bluestraw

Can someone please tell me if there are plans to include VC1 interlaced support in the future? Since MS's decoder doesn't handle such content properly, and Cyberlink's decoder doesn't work outside PDVD, this is the one missing link to me to make MPC compatible with all HD content. Unless I'm missing some way to do it already?!
Old 2nd June 2008, 12:16   #2263  |  Link
ranpha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluestraw View Post
Can someone please tell me if there are plans to include VC1 interlaced support in the future? Since MS's decoder doesn't handle such content properly, and Cyberlink's decoder doesn't work outside PDVD, this is the one missing link to me to make MPC compatible with all HD content. Unless I'm missing some way to do it already?!
Do you have a test file for that? There is something I wanna try.
Old 2nd June 2008, 13:21   #2264  |  Link
marc99

It's possible to use combination: Vista+EVR+DXVA+WMVideo Decoder DMO?
Old 2nd June 2008, 13:40   #2265  |  Link
Bluestraw

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranpha View Post
Do you have a test file for that? There is something I wanna try.
Sure, will upload a sample later.
Old 2nd June 2008, 13:41   #2266  |  Link
Bluestraw

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc99 View Post
It's possible to use combination: Vista+EVR+DXVA+WMVideo Decoder DMO?
Yes, that combination is fine, but the WMVideo Decoder doesn't handle interlaced content properly, so it's of no use in this case.
Old 2nd June 2008, 17:18   #2267  |  Link
Bluestraw

Quote:
Sure, will upload a sample later.
Here's a sample - doesn't play right in the MS WM decoder, and doesn't even play at all in the internal MPC one:

http://rapidshare.com/files/11957635...clip.m2ts.html
Old 2nd June 2008, 18:13   #2268  |  Link
Casimir666

Quote:
Originally Posted by CiNcH View Post
I see. I actually meant ES, not PES. Contained PTS are converted to DirectShow-PTS and presented via the IMediaSample-Interface.
PTS is specific to Mpeg stream, and are translate to Reference_time by parser. MpcVideoDec use reference_time set in the IMediaSample it receive

Quote:
Support for H264 and VC1 interlaced stream is on todo list for DXVA. Software decoding of interlaced VC1 is not supported by ffmpeg for the moment.
Old 2nd June 2008, 20:51   #2269  |  Link
Bluestraw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casimir666 View Post
Support for H264 and VC1 interlaced stream is on todo list for DXVA. Software decoding of interlaced VC1 is not supported by ffmpeg for the moment.
DXVA works for me Thanks! Since there is currently no alternative in MPC for interlaced VC1 I vote for VC1 before H264
Old 2nd June 2008, 21:06   #2270  |  Link
Gawwad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casimir666 View Post
can this be included in the todo list for MPC HC please ?
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...81#post1139181

it will be really great if all application commands are enabled properly, so then any standard remote control can be used to control MPC HC

Old 3rd June 2008, 01:34   #2271  |  Link
Aleksoid1978

Re: MPCVideoDec

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallenAngel View Post
Could someone fill my request, please?

I apologize for this, I usually don't like to bother people so I won't do this again I swear!

Thank you for your help.

Here - www.tosei.ru/isoft/MPCVideoDec_541_x86.7z
Old 3rd June 2008, 07:28   #2272  |  Link
FallenAngel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleksoid1978 View Post
Thanks... you made my day!
Old 3rd June 2008, 09:47   #2273  |  Link
3ngel

Regarding the interlacing, I uploaded some interlaced samples to test some pages above.
Old 3rd June 2008, 09:58   #2274  |  Link
Mercury_22

Can someone do something so MPC-HC x64 can be (differentiate from the MPC-HC x86) / in the open with menu ?! (Maybe rename mplayerc.exe to mplayerc64.exe, and chanage the caption from Media Player Classic - Homecinema to Media Player Classic - Homecinema (64-bit) )
Let's not do the same mistake that Micro$.. did with WMP x64 & WMP x86 on 64-bit OS !
I know this are simple things that can be changed by everyone for himself but I think it will be more useful to be THE SAME FOR EVERYBODY who uses the 64-bit version of MPC-HC .
Am I WRONG ? Isn't this NECESSARY / useful (for 64-bit OS users) ?

And another thing : can someone improve the internal filters for OGG and MPEG PS/TS/PVA so we don't need Haali's Media Splitter to play TS and OGG files (Especially in the 64-bit version where we CAN'T use Haali's Media Splitter )? Since Haali's "Core parser library
This is the core library that is used in the splitter and utilities, it's written in plain C and is higly portable. The library source is available upon request. Please mail mike@haali.net. "

Last edited by Mercury_22; 3rd June 2008 at 10:03.
Old 3rd June 2008, 10:53   #2275  |  Link
Leak
ffdshow/AviSynth wrangler

Unless Haali is willing to release the core parser library under the GPL MPC can't incorporate the code.

Also, from the wording "available upon request" it doesn't look like Haali would want the code to show up in a public place (read: MPC HC SVN repository), so I'd say it's right out...
Old 3rd June 2008, 14:23   #2276  |  Link
Mercury_22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leak View Post
Unless Haali is willing to release the core parser library under the GPL MPC can't incorporate the code.

Also, from the wording "available upon request" it doesn't look like Haali would want the code to show up in a public place (read: MPC HC SVN repository), so I'd say it's right out...
But at least can someoane who knows Haali ask him about this ?

Last edited by Mercury_22; 3rd June 2008 at 14:47.
Old 3rd June 2008, 15:00   #2277  |  Link
clsid

MPC already has splitters for Ogg and TS. It's just a matter of improving those and Casimir66 is already working on that!
Old 3rd June 2008, 15:28   #2278  |  Link
Mercury_22

Quote:
Originally Posted by clsid View Post
MPC already has splitters for Ogg and TS. It's just a matter of improving those and Casimir66 is already working on that!
Thanks for your reply ! But that was my idea in the first place
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury_22 View Post
...can someone improve the internal filters for OGG and MPEG PS/TS/PVA so we don't need Haali's Media Splitter to play TS and OGG files (Especially in the 64-bit version where we CAN'T use Haali's Media Splitter )? Since Haali's "Core parser library
This is the core library that is used in the splitter and utilities, it's written in plain C and is higly portable. The library source is available upon request. Please mail mike@haali.net. "

Anyway GREAT NEWS
Old 3rd June 2008, 19:06   #2279  |  Link
CiNcH

Quote:
Support for H264 and VC1 interlaced stream is on todo list for DXVA.
r536 seems to work with interlaced content. However no deinterlacing within GPU is applied (VMR deinterlacing/DirectShow deinterlacing/hardware deinterlacing or whatever you want to call it). Tried with 'VMR9 Windowed' and 'VMR9 Renderless'.

Tested with a Radeon HD 3650. Just replaced my 8600 GTS.

Also tried latest 'MPC Video Decoder' (MPCVideoDec_541_x86) provided some posts above. Picture stayed black with interlaced content (used Haali as demuxer).
Old 3rd June 2008, 19:15   #2280  |  Link
lexor

Hi guys, does DXVA acceleration require the image to have dimensions that are a multiple of 16? I don't see this requirement in any of the warnings about DXVA in any thread, but I can't think of any other reason for getting weird blocking with DXVA1 on ATI HD2600 (tried official from March, 523 and 536 builds, don't have any other).

Last edited by lexor; 3rd June 2008 at 19:49.
Closed Thread

Tags
dxva, h264, home cinema, media player classic, mpc-hc