Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > IFO/VOB Editors

Old 16th December 2022, 09:43   #1  |  Link
JPV119

BDedit - Bluray - Replace 1080 video file with 2160 video file

Hi,

Paid BDedit subscription.

I have a 4k Bluray and the normal Bluray 1080 disk was included.

I want to replace the 1080 video file with the 2160 file.. the main movie video file in the 'Stream' folder of the 1080 full disk will be deleted and replaced with the 2160 video main movie file.. then the remaining 2160 disk files/folders deleted.

I think all normal 1080 bluray disks have more special features ect than the 4k disks and is why i want to do this.

I have ripped both disks full backup using 'makemkv' with decrypting the video files. I have copied and renamed the main movie file from the 4k stream folder to the 1080 stream folder.

Using 'jriver media center', the 1080 bluray plays into the main menu and everything works (special features ect) except when I play the main movie through the menu (4k file), it runs for a while and then freezes or if I try and skip forward it freezes..

The 2160 file plays perfectly if I just right click in windows explorer and open.. I'm using 'jriver media center'.

Can you possibly give me a step by step guide on how to do this properly or direct me where I can learn it? I have no clue what I need to edit in BDedit and can't find any posts on this.

Thanks for your time,

Jason V
JPV119 is offline   Reply With Quote