Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > VapourSynth

Old 3rd August 2021, 11:20   #1  |  Link
Troc

Can't use Hysteria due to error 193/0x000012f

I was trying to follow a guide I found for Vapoursynth and it recommends using Hysteria. Naturally, I downloaded the latest version from this Github page: https://github.com/Irrational-Encodi...synth-Hysteria

Then I added this to my script:

core.std.LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files\VapourSynth\plugins\hysteria.py")

That line errored out with 0x000012f as a Windows error and then the script editor told me "GetLastError() returned 193"
I looked for the meaning of both. The Windows error appears to mean a corrupt dll or some other mismatch and the googling the script editor error gave me a link to a thread where someone said it's a problem with importing a 32 bit filter into 64 bit program or vice versa. I'm using 64 bit Vapoursynth.

What am I supposed to do at this point? I didn't find a 64 bit Hysteria and loading the older Avisynth version of the filter with core.avs.LoadPlugin didn't work either.

Also, Vapoursynth doesn't detect Bifrost either, despite it being right there in the plugins folder. There's a libbifrost.dll and the line "core.bifrost.Bifrost(video, interlaced=True)" just resulted in "No attribute with the name bifrost exists." The error stayed when I changed the DLL name to just bifrost.dll.

Last edited by Troc; 3rd August 2021 at 11:23.
Troc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2021, 14:34   #2  |  Link
poisondeathray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troc View Post
Code:
core.std.LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files\VapourSynth\plugins\hysteria.py")
.py are scripts, not plugins. It's analagous to an .avs vs. .dll in avisynth - where an .avs is a script where you Import, and a plugin is a .dll where you use LoadPlugin. But unlike avisynth, you place they .py scripts in the site-packages folder for vapoursynth , not the plugins folder. You can give it a namespace like "hy" if you want

e.g.

It will look something like this
Code:
import hysteria as hy
clip = hy.Hysteria(clip, showmask=True)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troc View Post
Also, Vapoursynth doesn't detect Bifrost either, despite it being right there in the plugins folder. There's a libbifrost.dll and the line "core.bifrost.Bifrost(video, interlaced=True)" just resulted in "No attribute with the name bifrost exists." The error stayed when I changed the DLL name to just bifrost.dll.
Try closing vsedit and restarting - If you're using vsedit, and you added the plugin after you already opened vsedit, it won't be autoloaded

You can also try loading plugin manually

Last edited by poisondeathray; 3rd August 2021 at 14:40.
poisondeathray is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
error, hysteria, vapoursynth