Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Old 19th May 2020, 18:12   #1  |  Link
scenarist

Scenarist - error -27201

Hi,
I'm using Scenarist SD and I have a problem. Could you help me to solve it?
There is:
"Error -27201. Could not make the disc ready for writing
Disc Image could not be output to device"

Here is a link to the photo:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=11h...PI3UF8EPacUlpN
scenarist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2020, 00:18   #2  |  Link
rik1138

What are you attempting to do? If you are trying to burn a DVD-R from Scenarist, then maybe it can't read the drive? I seem to remember some older versions of Scenarist having issues with certain drive models...
Just output to .ISO and burn that.
Basically it seems to be saying it can't access the output device you have chosen.
rik1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2020, 12:40   #3  |  Link
scenarist

Quote:
Originally Posted by rik1138 View Post
What are you attempting to do? If you are trying to burn a DVD-R from Scenarist, then maybe it can't read the drive? I seem to remember some older versions of Scenarist having issues with certain drive models...
Just output to .ISO and burn that.
Basically it seems to be saying it can't access the output device you have chosen.
Yes, I'm trying to burn a DVD-R. I did previous DVDs in the same way (by using the same external drive) but only this time I have a problem. I guess it's because the project is too big but I'm not sure. I discovered that this program needs more space than there's in the manual. And I've read that some users on this forum have the same assumptions. But I still don't have solution for this problem. Do you have some other suspicions?
scenarist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2020, 15:03   #4  |  Link
mp3dom

Rather than burning the iso, just burn the compiled project with Audio_ts and Video_ts folders using i.e. ImgBurn. If you just need to check it, it's the best way. If you need to mass-replicate the project, use PlantDirect output (ddp) as it's the preferred way for replicators.
mp3dom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2020, 11:01   #5  |  Link
rik1138

To test disc capacity, do the layout all the way to a PlantDirect image. If your disc is VERY full, it can fail at any of the three stages (layout, discimage, plant direct image), so make it do all three. If it completes that 100%, then it will fit on a DVD-R (and the replicated disc if you are going that far).
And if it's not encrypted, and only a single layer disc, you can just burn the ISO out of the PlantDirect directory.

If you have to encrypt the disc (for replication), the encryption takes up space on the disc, so make sure you are accounting for that... (but again, if you can get a PlantDirect image, then all is good)

Don't burn the video_ts folder for testing if an image is your final output. Burning the video_ts folder will not allow you to verify the disc image name as that is only included in the ISO output.
But if all you want is a DVD-R, just burn the ISO with another burning software (ImgBurn is free, and will even let you select the layer break. So as long as layer 0 is larger, you can burn it exactly as you've authored it. If Layer 1 is larger (parallel track path), I think the only way to burn those is with Scenarist itself as most burning programs require 0 to be larger...) That's not used very often though...
rik1138 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
disc image, error, scenarist sd