Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > VapourSynth

Old 9th February 2021, 16:28   #161  |  Link
lansing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosKing View Post
It seems when I press F6 (check script) all tabs a checked. My 1. tab is very slow (heavy filtering) & my 2. tab is fast. I only want to check tab 2, but it takes very long until tab2 show the result. Removing tab 1 results in fast resonse.
Is this by design or a bug?
I can't reproduce it. I throws in three smdegrain(tr=6) in tab 1 and check script still running fast for me on tab 2.
lansing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2021, 17:24   #162  |  Link
lansing

Vapoursynth's memory preallocation is becoming a serious problem too. They can't be release even when the core was deleted. Running checkscript on a few heavy scripts will hoard all memory in a hurry.
Old 9th February 2021, 19:12   #163  |  Link
ChaosKing

Seems like it was a one time bug xD Can't reproduce it too.
Old 10th February 2021, 17:52   #164  |  Link
lansing

Updated to R5

changelog
Code:
R5: [2021-02-10]
- Bug fixed: switching from tab A with a larger frame number than the max frame number of tab B will cause an out of range frame request error
- Bug fixed: switching to tabs that are not in the same group during playback would keep on playing
- Bug fixed: in group playback, switching to the same tab using hotkey would break the playback
- Fixed missing connect for preview advance setting dialog, but its usage is still unknown to me
- Config file now saved as vsedit2.config to avoid conflicting with the original version
- Updated to VSAPI 3.6 calls, now requires Vapoursynth R47 or higher
- Updated deprecated QProcess calls for encode and job server watcher
- Autocompleter list shows only function names instead of the entire definition
- Autocompletion for Python script functions, but only limited to non alias calls
- Autocompletion popup now triggers on zero character type after "." on known filter/script names, normal words will not be affected
- Added "about Vapoursynth", "open plugins folder" and "open scripts folder" options to menu
An autocompleter for Python scripts, but it doesn't work with alias. So you can only do "havsfunc.QTGMC", no "haf.QTGMC".

And many bug fixes for tab switching on playback, hopefully no more crashings.
Also there're some changes in the QProcess syntax so I need to change some logic for encode and job server watcher, so you may want to test it out to see if they still work.
Old 28th February 2021, 13:52   #165  |  Link
Ninelpienel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tima View Post
I can't make VSEditor 2 to become default editor for vpy files on Windows:

- I can associate it, but when I click on the script, VSEditor opens with a blank tab instead of the target script.
(VSEditor doesn't even pick up script argument when called via CLI)

- In addidion, I get theme_presets.txt file created in the folder where my script is located.

Both items seem to be regressions compared to v1.
The problem still exists. :/
Ninelpienel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2021, 06:30   #166  |  Link
lansing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninelpienel View Post
The problem still exists. :/
File association was never implemented on the program side, it just happened to work in the original version by coincident.

I'll look into it.
Old 2nd March 2021, 21:28   #167  |  Link
lansing

Updated to R5.2,

changelog
Code:
- File association for vpy file option on Windows platform, opening vpy will load as new tab in the program
- A vapoursynth logger plugin for vseditor to log warning messages to console
I added a logger vs plugin to log deprecation warning messages to console. Just put the vsedit_logger.dll to the plugin folder and it should work. I tried to load the dll using the custom plugin folder path defined in vseditor but it looks like it had been broken for a long time. So just use the regular plugins folder for now.

The reported line number for fatal error has also been offset by the logger script so just ignore it for now. I'll fix it altogether later after no issues reported for the logger.

For the file association, first try to associate it using right click->open with->choose program to see if it works. The "associate vpy" button in the program setting will write to registry and I'm not sure if it's necessary.
Old 3rd March 2021, 00:02   #168  |  Link
poisondeathray

R5.2 error msg

Code:
Failed to evaluate the script:
Python exception: No attribute with the name vsedit exists. Did you mistype a plugin namespace?

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "src\cython\vapoursynth.pyx", line 2244, in vapoursynth.vpy_evaluateScript
File "src\cython\vapoursynth.pyx", line 2245, in vapoursynth.vpy_evaluateScript
File "script_42", line 29, in 
File "src\cython\vapoursynth.pyx", line 1756, in vapoursynth.Core.__getattr__
AttributeError: No attribute with the name vsedit exists. Did you mistype a plugin namespace?
script
Code:
import vapoursynth as vs
core = vs.get_core()
clip = core.std.BlankClip(format=vs.YUV420P8, length=240, color=[16, 128, 128])
clip = core.std.AssumeFPS(clip, fpsnum=24000, fpsden=1001)
clip = core.text.FrameNum(clip)
clip.set_output()
Script works ok in R5 and earlier versions
poisondeathray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2021, 00:08   #169  |  Link
lansing

There's a vsedit_logger.dll in the folder, just put it to the plugin folder
Old 3rd March 2021, 00:26   #170  |  Link
poisondeathray

Quote:
Originally Posted by lansing View Post
There's a vsedit_logger.dll in the folder, just put it to the plugin folder
ooohh oops sorry. I thought it was "optional", but I copy/pasted and it works ok now

Thanks
Old 3rd March 2021, 01:21   #171  |  Link
lansing

Quote:
Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
ooohh oops sorry. I thought it was "optional", but I copy/pasted and it works ok now

Thanks
It could be hassle free and work right out of the box if the program's user defined plugins path was not broken. I'm still trying to figure out where the problem is.
Old 3rd March 2021, 08:28   #172  |  Link
ChaosKing

I like the new logger.

But can this be improved with maybe showing the module or filename as additional info?
Code:
DeprecationWarning : line 105: get_core() is deprecated. Use "vapoursynth.core" instead.

DeprecationWarning : line 2142: get_core() is deprecated. Use "vapoursynth.core" instead.

DeprecationWarning : line 2622: get_core() is deprecated. Use "vapoursynth.core" instead.

DeprecationWarning : line 1757: get_core() is deprecated. Use "vapoursynth.core" instead.

DeprecationWarning : line 6: get_core() is deprecated. Use "vapoursynth.core" instead.

DeprecationWarning : line -4: get_core() is deprecated. Use "vapoursynth.core" instead. <-- can this be true?
Old 3rd March 2021, 08:44   #173  |  Link
lansing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosKing View Post
I like the new logger.

But can this be improved with maybe showing the module or filename as additional info?
Code:
DeprecationWarning : line 105: get_core() is deprecated. Use "vapoursynth.core" instead.

DeprecationWarning : line 2142: get_core() is deprecated. Use "vapoursynth.core" instead.

DeprecationWarning : line 2622: get_core() is deprecated. Use "vapoursynth.core" instead.

DeprecationWarning : line 1757: get_core() is deprecated. Use "vapoursynth.core" instead.

DeprecationWarning : line 6: get_core() is deprecated. Use "vapoursynth.core" instead.

DeprecationWarning : line -4: get_core() is deprecated. Use "vapoursynth.core" instead. <-- can this be true?
There shouldn't be negative number. Is the reported line number correct for the rest? How do I reproduce it?
Old 3rd March 2021, 09:24   #174  |  Link
feisty2
I'm Siri

Quote:
It could be hassle free and work right out of the box if the program's user defined plugins path was not broken. I'm still trying to figure out where the problem is.
you can manually load a plugin not placed in the autoload folder using core.std.LoadPlugin()
feisty2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2021, 10:14   #175  |  Link
ChaosKing

Quote:
There shouldn't be negative number. Is the reported line number correct for the rest? How do I reproduce it?
The line numbers are all wrong. (I think they are shifted always? by 19)

The -4 is triggerd by
Code:
#https://github.com/theChaosCoder/lostfunc
import lostfunc as lst
clip = lst.MfTurd(clip)
Old 3rd March 2021, 10:26   #176  |  Link
lansing

Yes the line number were offset by 19 because of the logger script that was prepended to the main script. I'll put a check on the origin of the warning message and keep the line number untouch for those that came from imported modules.
Old 12th March 2021, 09:30   #177  |  Link
lansing

Updated to v5.3

changelog
Code:
- Single instance implementation using the KDSingleApplication library
- vsedit logger dll will now auto load on program start up, no more need for putting it into the plugins directory
Took me a lot of time to get this single instance implementation working. The first library I tried was buggy and very unresponsive, took about half a second to response when I double click a vpy file. Now this second library is working correctly and very snappy.
Old 14th March 2021, 01:01   #178  |  Link
danfgtn

It is very nice to see that someone has continued the project, I have a suggestion and would like to check some problems. It would be nice to have to press enter or click outside the frame box before going to the typed frame. If I want to go to frame 1000, it loads frames 1, 10 and 100 as I type, which is a problem in heavy filtering.

Someone already asked, but I couldn't find an answer, is there any prediction when the crop editor will work?

Also some buttons are cut off here, I tried changing the DPI settings but it didn't work.

These two buttons are without icon, I don't know if they have always been like this

Last edited by danfgtn; 14th March 2021 at 01:06.
danfgtn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2021, 06:50   #179  |  Link
lansing

Quote:
Originally Posted by danfgtn View Post
It is very nice to see that someone has continued the project, I have a suggestion and would like to check some problems. It would be nice to have to press enter or click outside the frame box before going to the typed frame. If I want to go to frame 1000, it loads frames 1, 10 and 100 as I type, which is a problem in heavy filtering.
Will fix.

Quote:
Someone already asked, but I couldn't find an answer, is there any prediction when the crop editor will work?
I'm currently working on it, the working frame will be movable inside the crop editor window.

Quote:
Also some buttons are cut off here, I tried changing the DPI settings but it didn't work.

These two buttons are without icon, I don't know if they have always been like this
I don't know much about DPI so this issue will be in my last priority.
There are many actions in the menu that are without icons right now because the icon package had like 1,000 icons and it gave me a headache trying to find the right one out of that. You can help if you can spot them.
Old 29th March 2021, 17:31   #180  |  Link
poisondeathray

vsedit color picker issue with RGB30

-The vsedit2 r5.x branch reads only displays values in the "R" channel (incorrect for "G", "B", "RGB"; for example, the R value should be placed in the "G" channel for the G strip, or the "B" channle for the B strip, etc...)

-works ok in vsedit r19 , vsedit2 r4.x

RGB30 (gbrp10le) R, G, B, R+G+B ramp pattern 0-1023 . 1024x720. FFV1
https://www.mediafire.com/file/3libj..._ffv1.mkv/file

clip = core.lsmas.LWLibavSource(r'Comp_GradientRamp_RGB30_1024x720_ffv1.mkv')

Tags
vapoursynth editor