Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > VapourSynth

Old 30th March 2021, 06:01   #181  |  Link
poisondeathray

Actually, the color picker seems completely broken in R5.x. When testing 8bit solid color bars, the numbers change almost randomly as you mouse over a color (not dithering issue, solid single color). R4.x works ok
poisondeathray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2021, 14:34   #182  |  Link
lansing

Quote:
Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
Actually, the color picker seems completely broken in R5.x. When testing 8bit solid color bars, the numbers change almost randomly as you mouse over a color (not dithering issue, solid single color). R4.x works ok
The color picker was probably broken by one of the filter in the preview filter chain. I'm planning to reimplement it next in my todo list because the current implementation will reload the entire script every time a filter in the chain was turned on/off. Instead I should be using video nodes so that filters that had ran shouldn't need to rerun again. This same workflow should also be use when comparing similar scripts but I don't know the logics yet.

After testing out the warning message logger for some time, I think I will be reverting it back because it basically does nothing beside logging the deprecation warning messages, which no regular users needed it. While the plugin developers will get those warnings anyway using any python ide in development. I will keep the logger filter though as people might need it as a print function for debugging.
lansing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2021, 03:45   #183  |  Link
fAy01

Thanks for working on this project. I tested it and found a few things maybe you could implement.

1 - Loading a script in vsedit without filepath and just the script name shows preview but currently vsedit2 doesn't have that feature.
2 - The preview doesn't load unless I press the F5 key or hit the preview button. What doesn't work is going to the 'Video' menu and selecting 'Play.'
3 - Is it possible for "Preview Advanced Settings" to fetch information from the d2v/m2ts/mkv/etc. file?
4 - Could you possibly add a search bar in the hotkeys menu?

Kind Regards
fAy01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2021, 23:20   #184  |  Link
Tima

A nasty bug: if I open some script and close VSEdit, and then delete this script, VSEdit crashes on all subsequent runs.
Tima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2021, 02:02   #185  |  Link
Mystery Keeper
Beyond Kawaii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tima View Post
A nasty bug: if I open some script and close VSEdit, and then delete this script, VSEdit crashes on all subsequent runs.
No such bug in vsedit. Must be a vsedit 2 thing.
Old 10th April 2021, 06:06   #186  |  Link
lansing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tima View Post
Cannot reproduce. The program will just warn on missing scripts on next startup and continue running.
Old 10th April 2021, 06:35   #187  |  Link
lansing

Quote:
Originally Posted by fAy01 View Post
Thanks for working on this project. I tested it and found a few things maybe you could implement.

1 - Loading a script in vsedit without filepath and just the script name shows preview but currently vsedit2 doesn't have that feature.
2 - The preview doesn't load unless I press the F5 key or hit the preview button. What doesn't work is going to the 'Video' menu and selecting 'Play.'
3 - Is it possible for "Preview Advanced Settings" to fetch information from the d2v/m2ts/mkv/etc. file?
4 - Could you possibly add a search bar in the hotkeys menu?

Kind Regards
1. Do you mean loading video file without file path in the source filter? I don't know if it's better to just get the file path with "os.path.dirname(os.path.realpath(__file__))" in the script or have the program do it implicitly. It's just one line of code.

2. Video won't play unless the script has been run. I can disable the button until the script was loaded if that causes confusion.

3. What information are you looking for?

4. I'll add that to the todo list.
Old Yesterday, 19:39   #188  |  Link
fAy01

Quote:
Originally Posted by lansing View Post
1. Do you mean loading video file without file path in the source filter? I don't know if it's better to just get the file path with "os.path.dirname(os.path.realpath(__file__))" in the script or have the program do it implicitly. It's just one line of code.
Yes, please. I move files around a lot. I like the convenience of loading the scripts from any storage device.

Quote:
2. Video won't play unless the script has been run. I can disable the button until the script was loaded if that causes confusion.
Actually, I want the script to load and preview when I press the f5, play button, and video button. Maybe?

Quote:
3. What information are you looking for?
Actually, nevermind. I think I've misunderstood what it does.
fAy01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 23:53   #189  |  Link
Tima

Quote:
Cannot reproduce. The program will just warn on missing scripts on next startup and continue running.
Reproduces for me in 100% cases -- it occurs next thing after the warning message.

Stacktrace for VSEdit 2 R5.3 (Win10 x64):
Code:
>	vsedit.exe!00000000004846b9()	Unknown
 	vsedit.exe!0000000000494509()	Unknown
 	Qt5Core.dll!0000000068b974bb()	Unknown
 	Qt5Widgets.dll!0000000000fe3ce6()	Unknown
 	vsedit.exe!0000000000487df4()	Unknown
 	vsedit.exe!000000000048a36c()	Unknown
 	vsedit.exe!000000000048d267()	Unknown
 	vsedit.exe!0000000000498b8d()	Unknown
 	vsedit.exe!00000000004013c7()	Unknown
 	vsedit.exe!00000000004014cb()	Unknown
 	kernel32.dll!00007ff8839d7974()	Unknown
 	ntdll.dll!00007ff8843ca2d1()	Unknown

Last edited by Tima; Yesterday at 23:56.
Tima is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
vapoursynth editor