Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > New and alternative a/v containers

Old 21st February 2015, 17:27   #1  |  Link
Nico8583

Merge 2 MKV files ?

Hi,
I have several films with 2 parts (because my original Blu ray is splitted into 2 discs) and I would like to merge both. Is is possible with mkvtoolnix ?
I've seen Append button, it seems to merge audio, video and subtitles, is it true ? But what about chapters, attachments and tags ? I must edit manually ?
Thanks !
Nico8583 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2015, 19:45   #2  |  Link
ndjamena

Yes, it's possible, yes, similar tracks are merged, although it will throw up a warning if it suspects they may not be compatible (different Codec Private Data).

Chapters will be merged. All Attachments should be added to the file.

I don't believe anyone on earth knows how Matroska Tags work. No one should be using them, but yes, all global tags should be added to the output file as new global tags, which is probably the wrong thing to do.

Last edited by ndjamena; 22nd February 2015 at 02:20.
ndjamena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2015, 00:43   #3  |  Link
Nico8583

Thanks !
I'll try with 2 MKV files (same movie in 2 parts, same video codec, same audio codec, same subtitles formats).
But if chapters can be merged (first chapter of 2nd file will start with an offset equal to first file length ?) and subtitles also (same than chapters), it would be a good thing !
Nico8583 is offline   Reply With Quote