Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 24th September 2019, 11:59   #17341  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Just use Process Hacker and save process priority for ffmpeg.exe and x264.exe/x265.exe
Atak_Snajpera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2019, 22:05   #17342  |  Link
silentstrife

Hello,

I am a long time user/reader, first time poster. Great program, have been using it for a very long time. I just got the recent update and after processing a movie, I have no video, just a cover picture, and audio only. I have tried using both of the 2 new encoders and set them across the board for the options. Has any one had this happen or reported yet? I haven't seen anything in the last few pages.

Also, when i tried to use DE, it failed on all of my video conversion attempts. Unfortunately i didn't screen shot or see any error logs to provide.

Error Log:
D:\>"D:\Blu Ray Tools\RipBot264v1.24.0\EncodingClient.exe" "D:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\job1_EncodingClient.meta"

D:\>"D:\Blu Ray Tools\RipBot264v1.24.0\tools\mkvtoolnix\mkvmerge.exe" -o "D:\video.mkv" --compression 0:none --title "video" --default-duration 0:24000/1001fps "D:\Temp\RipBot264temp\video.265" --compression 0:none --language 0:eng --aac-is-sbr 0:0 "D:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\Encoded_Audio_1.aac" --chapters "D:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\chapters.txt"
mkvmerge v37.0.0 ('Leave It') 64-bit
Error: The file 'D:\Temp\RipBot264temp\video.265' could not be opened for reading: open file error.
-------------------------

Elapsed Time: 02h:58m:03s

Manually combine the chuncks, ran Job1_MuxFiles.bat, found output video at expected location, opened to find no video at all but has audio.

RB Ssettings:
MPEG-2 and Other set to LSMASH, the others are set to FFMS2.

Last edited by silentstrife; 25th September 2019 at 02:02. Reason: update with error log
silentstrife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2019, 09:55   #17343  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Try again with new fresh job .
Old 25th September 2019, 12:19   #17344  |  Link
ReinerSchweinlin

Hey Atak,

thank you for the suggestion, didnīt know that process hacker can do that. A first quick try didnīt help though. Still dropping CPU Usage when left alone.. For some reason I cannot change the power scheme permanently, Windows always reverts it after a few hours. Seems to be a standard behaviour, since I discovered this on several WIN10 machines which are completely different (win64/32/home/pro/etc, different CPUs..). I will have to do more investigation on this.
ReinerSchweinlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2019, 12:22   #17345  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

I hope you left process hacker running in background because otherwise those processes will run with standard normal priority.
Old 25th September 2019, 23:04   #17346  |  Link
silentstrife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atak_Snajpera View Post
Try again with new fresh job .
Hi Atk,

Yes that was a fresh job. The only thing i know happened was the update from version 1.24 to 1.25. I might just go back to 1.24 and disable the auto-update. If you can think of any info i can provide to help fix this issue please let me know.

RB Job Settings - Profile - MA10 X.X 10 bit progressive HEVC, CQ 20, Denoise - MDegrain2 + KNLMeansCL, audio 2.0

Basic System info:
Windows 10 Pro V.1903
CPU - i7-5960x
RAM - 32GB
GFX - RTX 2070

Last edited by silentstrife; 25th September 2019 at 23:08.
Old 26th September 2019, 07:37   #17347  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

@ReinerSchweinlin: Microsoft SysInternals' "ProcessExplorer" can do that too. It is my default Task Manager now.

New German Gleitz board
MediaFire: x264 | x265 | VPx | AOM | Xvid
LigH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2019, 09:02   #17348  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentstrife View Post
Hi Atk,

Yes that was a fresh job. The only thing i know happened was the update from version 1.24 to 1.25. I might just go back to 1.24 and disable the auto-update. If you can think of any info i can provide to help fix this issue please let me know.

RB Job Settings - Profile - MA10 X.X 10 bit progressive HEVC, CQ 20, Denoise - MDegrain2 + KNLMeansCL, audio 2.0

Basic System info:
Windows 10 Pro V.1903
CPU - i7-5960x
RAM - 32GB
GFX - RTX 2070
Compress whole job folder (without big files like video.mkv or audio files) and send IT to me. I will take a look...
Old 26th September 2019, 11:46   #17349  |  Link
ReinerSchweinlin

Quote:
I hope you left process hacker running in background because otherwise those processes will run with standard normal priority.
Of course
@LigH
Thanx for the info.
ReinerSchweinlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2019, 12:33   #17350  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReinerSchweinlin View Post
Of course
@LigH
Thanx for the info.
Have you verified that process in fact gets higher priority?
Old 26th September 2019, 13:36   #17351  |  Link
silentstrife

Quote:
Compress whole job folder (without big files like video.mkv or audio files) and send IT to me. I will take a look...
Sorry to have troubled you. I re-installed my codec pack and that seems to have fixed what ever was causing my issue.

Have a good day.
Old 26th September 2019, 16:30   #17352  |  Link
byteshare
ByteShare

New x265 3.2
https://bitbucket.org/multicoreware/...leasenotes.rst
Code:
Version 3.2
===========

Release date - 25th September, 2019.

New features
------------
1. 3-level hierarchical motion estimation using :option:`--hme` and :option:`--hme-search`.
2. New AQ mode (:option:`--aq-mode` 4) with variance and edge information.
3. :option:`selective-sao` to selectively enable SAO at slice level.

Enhancements to existing features
---------------------------------
1. New implementation of :option:`--refine-mv` with 3 refinement levels.

Encoder enhancements
--------------------
1. Improved quality in the frames following dark scenes in ABR mode.

API changes
-----------
1. Additions to x265_param structure to support the newly added features :option:`--hme`, :option:`--hme-search` and :option:`selective-sao`.

Bug fixes
---------
1. Fixed encoder crash with :option:`--zonefile` during failures in encoder_open().
2. Fixed JSON11 build errors with HDR10+ on MacOS high sierra.
3. Signalling out of range scaling list data fixed.
4. Inconsistent output fix for 2-pass rate-control with cutree ON.

Known issues
------------
1. Build dependency on changeset cf37911 of SVT-HEVC.
Update: Thank you for updating RB!

Last edited by byteshare; 27th September 2019 at 21:58.
byteshare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2019, 17:41   #17353  |  Link
byteshare
ByteShare

I have been having some slowness issues when doing any filters with my GPU, such as KNLmeans.
Looking at Process Explorer a bit more I realized that FFMpeg didn't show any GPU usage (GPU, GPU System Bytes, GPU Dedicated Bytes, GPU Committed Bytes)
If I run the RipBot script in AVSPmod I do see GPU System Bytes, GPU Dedicated Bytes, and GPU Committed Bytes showing usage.
The AVS Meter also behaves strangely, where the text fields go over the line and I have to scroll down to see all of the data.
The script runs in RipBot (just using the Adaptive KNLMeansCL in RipBot to test with) and a job will complete. The output looks like I expect just very slow to get it.
When running a job using KNLmeans I can't get a lot of CPU usage because my guess is the decoder (FFMpeg) can't supply enough to process). If I use a non-GPU filter the CPU can basically max out. Using non-DE mode at the moment.
Any ideas what is happening?
Old 28th September 2019, 18:12   #17354  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:
Originally Posted by byteshare View Post
I have been having some slowness issues when doing any filters with my GPU, such as KNLmeans.
Looking at Process Explorer a bit more I realized that FFMpeg didn't show any GPU usage (GPU, GPU System Bytes, GPU Dedicated Bytes, GPU Committed Bytes)
If I run the RipBot script in AVSPmod I do see GPU System Bytes, GPU Dedicated Bytes, and GPU Committed Bytes showing usage.
The AVS Meter also behaves strangely, where the text fields go over the line and I have to scroll down to see all of the data.
The script runs in RipBot (just using the Adaptive KNLMeansCL in RipBot to test with) and a job will complete. The output looks like I expect just very slow to get it.
When running a job using KNLmeans I can't get a lot of CPU usage because my guess is the decoder (FFMpeg) can't supply enough to process). If I use a non-GPU filter the CPU can basically max out. Using non-DE mode at the moment.
Any ideas what is happening?
Run Process Explorer as Administrator to see GPU usage on ffmpeg.exe. You most likely have bottleneck on GPU. KNLMeansCL is extremely intensive even for most modern GPUs.

Last edited by Atak_Snajpera; 28th September 2019 at 18:23.
Old 29th September 2019, 04:11   #17355  |  Link
byteshare
ByteShare

Quote:
Run Process Explorer as Administrator to see GPU usage on ffmpeg.exe. You most likely have bottleneck on GPU. KNLMeansCL is extremely intensive even for most modern GPUs.
Running it as Admin does show the bytes used.
Hmmm...now to figure out why I'm getting ~1-2FPS with a Geforce 980 and Ryzen 1700. I get without the GPU filter ~20FPS with the same x265 settings. I'm using about 1.7GB of GPU memory (of 4GB) from FFMpeg but the GPU core load (using Open Hardware Monitor) bounces between 0-13%.
I've been working "around" it by using other encoders to use more CPU on sources that don't need filters. I would use DE mode but the second server usually never starts.
I don't have an older version of RB to try, I think 1.23 but up to some point in 1.24 before something was changed. Is the one linked on the first page the first version of 1.24? I recall getting 8-12FPS with the same settings, granted different sources, but getting 1-2FPS on several sources with the most recent version of RBk./.
I'll try updating my drivers for now. update: didn't seem to make a different. I also changed the following to no avail: my power profile to high performance and same for the Nvidia Control Panel "Power management mode" to "Perfer maximum performance".

Last edited by byteshare; 29th September 2019 at 07:07.
Old 29th September 2019, 09:35   #17356  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

How many FPS do you get in avsmeter with only knlmeans enabled? 2fps on 1920x1080 is indeed very slow. I also get 2fps but on GeForce 710 (99% gpu usage)
Old 30th September 2019, 01:18   #17357  |  Link
byteshare
ByteShare

Quote:
How many FPS do you get in avsmeter with only knlmeans enabled? 2fps on 1920x1080 is indeed very slow. I also get 2fps but on GeForce 710 (99% gpu usage)
With AVSMeter
KNLmeansCL h=2 27FPS 90-95% GPU
KNLmeansCL Adaptive h=2 ??FPS 80-90% GPU (AVSMeter shows the information scrolling so I can't see true FPS)
KNLmeansCL Adaptive + MD2 h=2 ??FPS 0-20% GPU (AVSMeter shows the information scrolling so I can't see true FPS)

In the OpenCL setup, I have x264 OpenCL acceleration set to no (none) device and KNLMeansCL set to Geforce GTX 980
Turning that on for x264 doesn't seem to help, but it does seem worse getting ~0.7 FPS.

Running same HEVC (not with AVSmeter) with just these filters: `FastLineDarkenMOD4().LSFmod()` (video is in the actual script, so I didn't forget that ) I'm getting ~12 FPS

Last edited by byteshare; 1st October 2019 at 19:15.
Old 30th September 2019, 10:05   #17358  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Mdegrain2 running on CPU is a real bottleneck in your case. How many FPS do you get with mdegrain2 only?
Old 30th September 2019, 16:31   #17359  |  Link
duffbeer

I'm having an issue encoding audio to AC3 at the moment.
For some reason, RipBot produces an error any time I re-encode the audio to AC3. The error report states that the encoded audio file cannot be found.
My sources are either full disc structure or MKV. Sometimes with DTS audio and sometimes Dolby Atmos.
It always used to work perfectly so I'm not sure what has changed or whether it may be a local problem for me. Any ideas Atak?
duffbeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2019, 17:12   #17360  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:
Originally Posted by duffbeer View Post
I'm having an issue encoding audio to AC3 at the moment.
For some reason, RipBot produces an error any time I re-encode the audio to AC3. The error report states that the encoded audio file cannot be found.
My sources are either full disc structure or MKV. Sometimes with DTS audio and sometimes Dolby Atmos.
It always used to work perfectly so I'm not sure what has changed or whether it may be a local problem for me. Any ideas Atak?
You may try running manually jobx_EncodeAudioAll.cmd and then see what happens. I recommend doing this manually via console (cmd.exe) instead of just clicking on .cmd file.

Tags
264, 265, appletv, avchd, bluray, gui, iphone, ipod, ps3, psp, ripbot264, x264 2-pass, x264 gui, x264_64, x265, xbox360