Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Usage

Old 8th August 2008, 10:03   #1  |  Link
egrimisu

Cleaning and restoreing quality of old and wrong remastered anime

Hi,

I just bouht these remastered edition of City of Gold and i must say that these are crappy as hell. The colors are owfal prbably it need's a conversion and i don't know how to do that. There is flickere every where but thats probably cause it's very old. The overal quality is under may lowest expectations, not wourth the money i paid for...

The setting that i used where :
DGDecode_mpeg2source("D:\Work gold\VTS_01_1.d2v")
setmtmode(2)
source = last
backward_vec1 = source.MVAnalyse(isb = true, delta = 1, pel = 2, overlap=4, sharp=1, idx = 1)
backward_vec2 = source.MVAnalyse(isb = true, delta = 2, pel = 2, overlap=4, sharp=1, idx = 1)
forward_vec1 = source.MVAnalyse(isb = false, delta = 1, pel = 2, overlap=4, sharp=1, idx = 1)
forward_vec2 = source.MVAnalyse(isb = false, delta = 2, pel = 2, overlap=4, sharp=1, idx = 1)
source.MVDegrain2(backward_vec1,forward_vec1,backward_vec2,forward_vec2,thSAD=400,idx=1)
fft3dfilter(sigma=0.7, bt=1, bw=32, bh=32, ow=16, oh=16, plane=4, dehalo=0, ncpu=2)
maa()
limitedsharpenfaster()
gradfun2db(thr=1.2)

crop( 14, 4, -12, -2)
spline36resize(720,576)

But i didn't like the results.

Could somone test the source and try helping me in finding a way to make this old anime look a bit better. Thnaks

Here is the sample :
http://w14.easy-share.com/1701154645.html
egrimisu is offline   Reply With Quote