Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Usage

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10th January 2012, 19:19   #1  |  Link
Dogway

Deinterlacing Hard Telecine Animation

Once in a while I stumble upon one of these sources(11mb); they look like blended telecine. By following the guidelines of manono's post I found that it is in fact hard telecine, as dgindex flags it as interlaced and there is a clear 3:2 pulldown, so it can be ivtc'ed. But I couldn't ivtc it, output has lots of combing and blending.

What is rare is when fields are inspected, each one is different (field,blendedfield,...) in this pattern f,f,Bf,f,Bf
what I normally do is bob deinterlace and srestore, and it seems to work, but I would like to know if this is correct because by deinterlacing I'd be harming the source too much in case it's not necessary. And related to deinterlacing I'm very interested on what would be your take on this since QTGMC seems not to be appropiate for not pure interlaced content, and much less anime, maybe MCBob or is it in the same league? tdeint? Or can this hard telecine really be fixed by using tfm? (I never got to understand its parameters beyond "order=")

what I can do is take the unblended fields:
SeparateFields()
selectevery(5,0,2,3)
by 2 being a dup of 3 I can drop it and I get 23.976fps output:
selectevery(5,0,3)
But these are fields so... now what? (they shimmer a lot)
Dogway is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
animation, anime, deinterlace, hard telecine, ivtc