Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 5th November 2022, 14:29   #1841  |  Link
clsid

Give a good sample file and I will have a look.
Old 5th November 2022, 17:06   #1842  |  Link
OpenSource Ghost

I am not sure if this is MPC-HC or madVR issue and as such I am asking in both threads.

MPC-HC keep trying to use network connection for video files when madVR is used as external filter. Why? Local Network in madVR tray is disabled. I don't use any MPC-HC plugins that require local or public network use. MPC-HC requests network access only when I launch video files to rendered with madVR, but never when I launch audio files, regardless of renderer. If I launch video files when madVR is not default preferred external renderer, then there are no attempts to use local network.

My PC is highly isolated and doesn't even have local network sharing capabilities, only WAN access over VPN. On top of that I disable private and public network use of MPC-HC executable with basic Windows firewall, but such blocking causes a delay when I launch MPC-HC because MPC-HC attempts to use network when madVR is the set primary external video renderer. If I just disconnect PC from LAN, then there is no delay.

Is there a way to fully disable network functionality of MPC-HC and madVR through their options? Again, network access requests only happen if I tr yto launch video files in MPC-HC when madVR is the default prefered renderer.

Last edited by OpenSource Ghost; 5th November 2022 at 18:53.
OpenSource Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2022, 19:42   #1843  |  Link
hubblec4
Matroska find' ich toll

Quote:
Originally Posted by clsid View Post
Give a good sample file and I will have a look.
The issue was not so simple as I described before.

I have open a ticket for that issue.
hubblec4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2022, 22:31   #1844  |  Link
clsid

MadVR does local network discovery when its tray icon is enabled. Disabling that in its tray icon right-click menu should stop it.
Old 12th November 2022, 23:42   #1845  |  Link
OpenSource Ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by clsid View Post
MadVR does local network discovery when its tray icon is enabled. Disabling that in its tray icon right-click menu should stop it.
I am not able to find the option to disable madVR tray icon, but madVR OP does say that madVR looks for subtitles or whatever other material related to current video playback over LAN. It doesn't just try to connect to LAN, but also to WAN. It attemps to use DNS settings specified in Windows network options to resolve whichever domain addresses. All local multicast discovery protocols (mDNS, IGMP, LLDP, LLMNR, 224.0.0.0-255.255.255.255 IP range, etc) are disabled on my network via Windows client settings and via router VLAN isolation settings. For what can madVR be looking over WAN???

Last edited by OpenSource Ghost; 12th November 2022 at 23:45.
OpenSource Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2022, 23:46   #1846  |  Link
smithjohny039
Banned

great Initiative. I'll test it soon. Thanks
smithjohny039 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2022, 08:00   #1847  |  Link
v0lt

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenSource Ghost View Post
I am not able to find the option to disable madVR tray icon
madVR tray icon > click > Edit Tray Icon Settings... > don't show tray icon
v0lt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2022, 23:37   #1848  |  Link
Sunspark

1.9.24 released.
Sunspark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2022, 12:03   #1849  |  Link
digi340

Hi to all. I have 5.1 system that doesn't have bass redirection when it's operating in 5.1 mode. The low frequencies from satellites are not redirected to the subwoofer by the amplifier.
Since the system is connected to the PC with analog 3.5mm cables, I use windows bass management to redirect everything under 120 Hz to subwoofer, but on wasapi mode bass management from windows mixer not work. Please add to MPC-HC this function like MPC-BE. Thanks.
digi340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2022, 14:55   #1850  |  Link
clsid

I will not implement any new functionality. So please do NOT post any feature requests in this topic or on Github.
Old 18th November 2022, 18:26   #1851  |  Link
el Filou

Quote:
Originally Posted by digi340 View Post
I use windows bass management to redirect everything under 120 Hz to subwoofer, but on wasapi mode bass management from windows mixer not work.
Just don't use Exclusive mode then.
Old 19th November 2022, 00:46   #1852  |  Link
Azure

Hello

I am having a problem with new subs/subfolder feature

Mainly if i set in Options>Playback Default track preference (and check overwrite) or in Internal Filters>Splitter my preferred subtitles (English,english,eng,en), and the subtitles are in subs/filename/language.srt, the preferred language i set is being ignored and the language loaded is either the lowest letter in alphabet (Arabc being selected first after opening a file) or number starting at 10,11...2,3...9 (10 being selected first after opening a file)

If i have subs in subs\filename.language.srt the preferred language is selected correctly (at least as far as i am aware)
Attached Images

Last edited by Azure; 19th November 2022 at 01:01.
Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2022, 09:19   #1853  |  Link
Schwartz

Thanks for your continued effort, clsid. It's appreciated.
Schwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2022, 18:44   #1854  |  Link
Cutterkin

Small bug in v1.9.24

I noticed that the A-B repeat state is no longer being saved in this version, and the looped settings are gone when the video reloads.

I saw that someone had posted this issue on git they day it was released, but the report inexplicably disappeared shortly after so I don't know if you are aware of it.

In any event, let me also express my sincere thanks for keeping this project going. I don't know if you get all the appreciation you deserve, but there are many of us out here that have been silently appreciating your work for years. Thank you!
Cutterkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2022, 15:40   #1855  |  Link
Damien147

The default font size for subtitles is 16?

Last edited by Damien147; 25th November 2022 at 15:44.
Damien147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2022, 23:42   #1856  |  Link
avih
Capture, Deinterlace

When playing a network stream (e.g. mkv file over http), is there some control of how much to cache/prefetch? is there some indication, e.g. maybe at the seek bar, of how much is cached/prefetched and where?
avih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2022, 07:00   #1857  |  Link
Schwartz

There is Lav Splitter > Queue Settings.

And if you enable "Statistics" bar, you see it under "Buffers".
Schwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2022, 12:03   #1858  |  Link
avih
Capture, Deinterlace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwartz View Post
There is Lav Splitter > Queue Settings.

And if you enable "Statistics" bar, you see it under "Buffers".
Thanks. These do seem to work.

Few observations and thoughts, if ayone is interested:

1. The default number of buffers (350) seem to limit the default size (256 M) severely, at least for mkv file over http. Specifically, with buffers of 350 it buffered 1.8 M. To reach the 256 M limit I had to increase buffers to about 500000 (500 thousands).

It would probably be nice to inscrease the default buffers quite a lot, or remove the buffers setting and automate it based only on a size limit (e.g. maybe by defaulting buffers to a huge value which is unlikely to limit the size).

2. The buffers only seem to grow during playback. Specificaly, pausing stops further buffering (until unpausing again). To me that was unexpected.

EDIT: actually, they do seem to grow also while paused, but the statistics don't update while paused. When unpausing it starts updating again and "jumps" to a much bigger size, suggesting that buffering did not actually stop.

3. Can't observe where/what's buffered on the timeline.

I think it would be nice to have if someone is interested in implementing it. Probably similar to the mpv cache-line inside the seek bar of the OSC "GUI".

4. I _think_ that any seek resets the buffers, even if seeking forward into a position which is supposedly already buffered. Seeking backward seem to reset the buffers too.

I think that ultimately, if pausing right at the begining and letting it prefetch the whole content, it would be nice if network connection would not be required anyomore regardless of seek forward or backward, as presumably the whole content is already buffered. Currently this works (no network after full prefetch) only if playing without seeking.

Thanks again for the info.

Last edited by avih; 9th December 2022 at 12:17.
avih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2022, 15:37   #1859  |  Link
clsid

The MS URL Source filter can buffer whole file (into your temporary internet files). Disable internal filter if you prefer that. Or just download the file before playback like normal people do.

This is wrong place for any requests related to LAV.
Old 22nd December 2022, 01:34   #1860  |  Link
invain

Hello everybody
Is there a "Custom" option to specify how many times a (file|playlist) is repeated not just "Forever"
Regards.

Last edited by invain; 22nd December 2022 at 01:37.
invain is offline   Reply With Quote