Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 18th April 2024, 02:00   #20561  |  Link
FTLOY
Friend of a friend..

Simple workaround for pop up's not displaying...

I tried different compatibility settings, with no success.

I ended up trying a "color" setting in RipBot's.exe, and that did the trick.

I am yet to do any encoding jobs with this latest build, but if it does make it trickier adding audio & subtitles, I'll just process video, and add the others later.

We'll see....

As history has shown, Atak is VERY good at adding all these "option's" with NO explanation, and "we" have to figure it out for ourselves
FTLOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2024, 02:14   #20562  |  Link
rlev11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atak_Snajpera View Post
Just in case if you user would like to check default values.

Btw.
Audio1FilterList=DEFAULT
Is kind of risky Because if audio file does not have this text then you get NO AUDIO.
Ok, thanks, so just to be clear that should always remain at least at the default of:
Audio1FilterList=DEFAULT;English;1_audio;

I updated my custom scripts back to that

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTLOY View Post
Yep, what a PITA....

Are you creating your own custom preferences ??

Then it doesn't matter what get's regenerated on every RB startup !!

Not sure why Atak is going down this path, there are already "newbies" asking how it all works.

Too many complicated options being added that aren't necessary IMO.
I am creating my own custom preferences as I said I really only need 3 audio choices with none of the extra settings. I was just trying to eliminate the extra clutter of having the originals in the drop down. It really isn't a big deal if they are there, single mode has a bunch of audio profiles I never used and I never gave that a second thought. It's just that everything else is customizable, I just want to see if i can figure out where it is regenerating the 3 originals from.

I think we need to just work through it and figure it out although it would be nice if we got a write up of what Atak is thinking how this all works and how to adjust the workflow to each users preferences. It does seem daunting, but it does add a lot of customization's in batch mode once we figure out how to get things setup right.

I am sure that I am in the minority where I only EVER do 1 audio stream, and I NEVER add a subtitle file into the mkv container. The only subtitles I ever do is foreign language forced subs that I render (burn in) directly into the video stream

Last edited by rlev11; 18th April 2024 at 02:19. Reason: add info
rlev11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2024, 08:22   #20563  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

If you look at the dates of EncodingClient.exe and EncodingServer.exe files then you will realize that I haven't touched those for a year!
Atak_Snajpera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2024, 08:32   #20564  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlev11 View Post
Ok, thanks, so just to be clear that should always remain at least at the default of:
Audio1FilterList=DEFAULT;English;1_audio;

I updated my custom scripts back to that

I am creating my own custom preferences as I said I really only need 3 audio choices with none of the extra settings. I was just trying to eliminate the extra clutter of having the originals in the drop down. It really isn't a big deal if they are there, single mode has a bunch of audio profiles I never used and I never gave that a second thought. It's just that everything else is customizable, I just want to see if i can figure out where it is regenerating the 3 originals from.

I think we need to just work through it and figure it out although it would be nice if we got a write up of what Atak is thinking how this all works and how to adjust the workflow to each users preferences. It does seem daunting, but it does add a lot of customization's in batch mode once we figure out how to get things setup right.

I am sure that I am in the minority where I only EVER do 1 audio stream, and I NEVER add a subtitle file into the mkv container. The only subtitles I ever do is foreign language forced subs that I render (burn in) directly into the video stream
Here is a good example

German language was originally muxed as Default

And the same but Default flag was missing

That's why I used this order
English
1_audio

If you leave only DEFAULT text then on second file NO AUDIO will selected.

Last edited by Atak_Snajpera; 18th April 2024 at 08:35.
Old 18th April 2024, 10:25   #20565  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Tool tips work fine in Win11
Old 19th April 2024, 11:57   #20566  |  Link
Ryushin

Quote:
Tool tips work fine in Win11
Running Win10 on my VM. Changing the Remote Desktop color depth from 8-32 bit didn't result in being able to see the text inside the tool tip.

The only way I can see the text in the tool tip is to connect to the VMs console like you have done with the VMWare Workstation. Please try using RDP to the VM to see if the text shows up in the VM.
Ryushin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2024, 14:28   #20567  |  Link
rlev11

Just checked and Tool tips work on all 13 of my Win11 boxes (not that they would need to...) which are a mixture of AMD,Nvidia, and Intel graphics. I connect to them using RustDesk for my remote desktop program and have no issues seeing them.
Old 20th April 2024, 14:53   #20568  |  Link
FTLOY
Friend of a friend..

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlev11 View Post
Just checked and Tool tips work on all 13 of my Win11 boxes (not that they would need to...) which are a mixture of AMD,Nvidia, and Intel graphics. I connect to them using RustDesk for my remote desktop program and have no issues seeing them.
Well, it seems like there is certainly some inconsistency here...

Out of my 6 W11 boxes, NONE show the tool tips, unless I do the "compatibility" thing, my laptop does (W11), but W8.1 & W10 boxes do.

It's also a bit disappointing that out of the many, many users of RipBot, are not responding to this

Mind you, maybe many users aren't too interested in these preferences, I mean, once they're set, that's it, no need for the tool tips...you can easily edit the preferences in the new preferences folder under profiles.

I have to add, that it's a shame that there's nowhere near the amount of users posting here these days, back in the day, there were many different users posting comments, but currently (12 - 18 months at least), it's really only been 2 or 3 regulars.

Some have vanished altogether, some have changed to different app's, or maybe they've just lost interest, who knows.

Last edited by FTLOY; 21st April 2024 at 02:33. Reason: added extra comment
Old 22nd April 2024, 05:38   #20569  |  Link
FTLOY
Friend of a friend..

How to add either .THD or .FLAC to preferences....

OK, I have most thing's sorted, now, but to get the tool tips I have to do the compatibility setting (below).

I have created a 5.1(AC3).ini, which works for 95% of what I want, but can .THD or .FLAC be added, and if so, how ?

What would the Codec Priority be ?? or is COPY the only option ??

As I have commented on before, when using the Segment function, there's no way to retain any original .THD or .DTSxx audio.

And while I'm at it, why still no E-AC3, even 5.1 would be better than nothing.

Old 22nd April 2024, 13:38   #20570  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

How did you force classic theme in win11. Looks much more readable.
Old 22nd April 2024, 13:57   #20571  |  Link
FTLOY
Friend of a friend..

Quote:
How did you force classic theme in win11. Looks much more readable.
C'mon man, don't you read any of the posts ??

It's the first line in my post below yours !!!

https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.p...79#post2000579

It also helps display the tool tips for those 4 little buttons in EncodingClient.exe
Old 25th April 2024, 03:58   #20572  |  Link
FTLOY
Friend of a friend..

And yet another autoupdate, 23-04-24..

So, more significant changes to the audio & subtitles preference's...

I'm lost

Last edited by FTLOY; 25th April 2024 at 13:33.
Old 25th April 2024, 18:56   #20573  |  Link
rlev11

So I think I have the new audio profiles stuff figured out. took me a while of head scratching until the light bulb went off and now it makes sense.
Lets take my workflow that I use as far as batch audio encoding. If it is in AC3,AAC, or Eac3, I want to to an xcopy stream and leave it alone. Basically anything else, I want to convert it to AC3, either 5.1 or 2.1 (don't care about 7.1)

So go into the preferences screen, and choose [AUTO] 7.1 or 5.1 or 2.0 in the lower drop down and hit edit. Under Audio1 the top box leave alone with the 3 entries. in the middle box the drop down that defaults at .aac hit edit and I will remove everything but 5.1 and 2.0 copy stream and hit save.
Then I will choose .ac3 and .eac3 and do the same thing leaving the 2 xcopy streams there (leaving higher channel ones at the top of the list).

So for all the other extensions in the drop down box, I will remove everything BUT 5.1 AC3 and 2.0 AC3

So when I am done, for any batch job I only have to choose the "[AUTO] 7.1 or 5.1 or 2.0" profile (can this or any other one in particular be set as the default somewhere???). With this setup it should (have yet to really test it but I think it is right) depending on the audio type encode in the correct number of channels as a copy stream, or do the conversion to the correct number of channels in AC3 automatically.

Atak, am I correct now in what you thought process is for this??? Now that I think I have it figured out, it is VERY powerful in how to get it customized to each persons preferences, just have to know the process. I also no longer have to do batches in groups of similar audio formats, I can load up a mixture of ac3,aac,dts,flac, whatever all in the same batch job, and the audio should come out the way I want it on each individual encode of the batch
Old 25th April 2024, 19:52   #20574  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

I will try to explain with some example.
Let's say you want to keep DTSMA or TrueHD untouched but at the same time you want AAC as second track for compatibility reasons.

First we define which file extensions ripbot should select. first checks for .dtsma text in file name and then for .thd if first criteria is not met.
Then We define how we want to treat those audio tracks. If file extension is .dtsma then we COPY for AUDIO1 and encode to AAC for AUDIO2.
Obviously you have to do the same for .thd in this case.

Last edited by Atak_Snajpera; 25th April 2024 at 19:59.
Old 26th April 2024, 15:35   #20575  |  Link
rlev11

So the audio preferences scenario in my last post I just tested and everything came out as expected. I did have to add back in the 7.1 xcopy lines for aac,ac2,and eac3.
I batched a bunch of ac3,aac,eac3,dts,dtsma,and flac and they all either left the audio alone or did the correct conversion I was expecting.

So now that I have it figured out, this is pretty kool. With "[AUTO] 7.1 or 5.1 or 2.0" coming up as the default batch profile, I should never have to even change that no matter what the audio is on any batch job. So for the .ini file for that profile I ended up with this:

[Audio1]
File=DEFAULT;English;1_audio;
Ext=.aac;.ac3;.dts;.dtshr;.dtsma;.eac3;.flac;.mp1;.mp2;.mp3;.ogg;.opus;.thd;.w64;.wav;.wma;
.aac=7.1|C O P Y S T R E A M;5.1|C O P Y S T R E A M;2.0|C O P Y S T R E A M;
.ac3=7.1|C O P Y S T R E A M;5.1|C O P Y S T R E A M;2.0|C O P Y S T R E A M;
.dts=5.1|FFMPEG AC3|640 kbps;2.0|FFMPEG AC3|256 kbps;
.dtshr=5.1|FFMPEG AC3|640 kbps;2.0|FFMPEG AC3|256 kbps;
.dtsma=5.1|FFMPEG AC3|640 kbps;2.0|FFMPEG AC3|256 kbps;
.eac3=7.1|C O P Y S T R E A M;5.1|C O P Y S T R E A M;2.0|C O P Y S T R E A M;
.flac=5.1|FFMPEG AC3|640 kbps;2.0|FFMPEG AC3|256 kbps;
.ogg=5.1|FFMPEG AC3|640 kbps;2.0|FFMPEG AC3|256 kbps;
.opus=5.1|FFMPEG AC3|640 kbps;2.0|FFMPEG AC3|256 kbps;
.thd=5.1|FFMPEG AC3|640 kbps;2.0|FFMPEG AC3|256 kbps;
.mp1=2.0|FFMPEG AC3|256 kbps;
.mp2=2.0|FFMPEG AC3|256 kbps;
.mp3=2.0|FFMPEG AC3|256 kbps;
.w64=5.1|FFMPEG AC3|640 kbps;2.0|FFMPEG AC3|256 kbps;
.wav=5.1|FFMPEG AC3|640 kbps;2.0|FFMPEG AC3|256 kbps;
.wma=5.1|FFMPEG AC3|640 kbps;2.0|FFMPEG AC3|256 kbps;
Old 26th April 2024, 17:03   #20576  |  Link
chainring

Once figured out, this audio profiles feature is pretty cool. Anything in lossless, I encode to AC3. Anything in lossy, I copy.

In Audio 1, I put in the extensions for all lossless formats. For all the individual lossless formats (box down from Audio 1), I removed "x.x | COPY STREAM" and left only AC3. For any lossy formats, I left "x.x | COPY STREAM" and removed any conversion settings.

I'm sure I'll need to tweak for the very few movies where I've kept commentary or a second language track, but since I generally don't batch movies it's not a big deal.

Last edited by chainring; 26th April 2024 at 17:33.
chainring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2024, 17:26   #20577  |  Link
rlev11

I think that for the next couple of batch jobs when they come up, I'll set it so it doesn't start encoding after the first job is listed, and then once they are all in the list just go in and spot check a couple of the jobs just to make sure the audio profile is listed correctly on each one before I start the encoding. I doubt there will be any issues and then just trust the process after that.
Old 27th April 2024, 05:37   #20578  |  Link
FTLOY
Friend of a friend..

I'm suddenly have a very strange problem

I have 2 PC's virtually identical, except for the CPU & GPU, one will process certain scripts, the other errors, and just loops in DE.

Did a fresh Windows setup, installed what RB likes, still same problem.

While I'm writing this, I'm thinking it might be the GPU, even tho the script is NOT GPU dependent, but the PC's that work have nVidia, the one(s) that don't have AMD....

But then I remembered that rlev11 mentioned the other day that's he's running an AMD GPU...so it shouldn't be that.
Old 27th April 2024, 09:20   #20579  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Manually execute .cmd file directly from non-working pc. Run one of those files \\HOST-PC\RipBot264temp\job1\chunks\1.cmd
Old 27th April 2024, 11:01   #20580  |  Link
FTLOY
Friend of a friend..

Quote:
Manually execute .cmd file directly from non-working pc. Run one of those files \\HOST-PC\RipBot264temp\job1\chunks\1.cmd
OK, will give that a try...what am I looking for, tho ??

I have just been fiddling around with the latest Audio Preferences, and I'm still a little confused.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the previous build (14-04-24), you could simply add another ".ini" in the Preferences folder, and you could then choose that as the default in RB, but now it only seems to be [AUTO] 2.0, etc, etc... and you have to edit them, and save them.

But if you manually create an extra .ini file, and name it eg:- [AUTO] 6.0, it doesn't even show in the drop down list.

Tags
264, 265, appletv, avchd, bluray, gui, iphone, ipod, ps3, psp, ripbot264, x264 2-pass, x264 gui, x264_64, x265, xbox360