Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players

Old 19th November 2010, 03:58   #21  |  Link
cb2000

Half an year ago, when I start to learn directshow, I had read something about libbluray. But I think it is not stable enough to port. So I select libdvdnav as my first try on directshow.
I don't know the development status about libbluray now. Do you know the detail?
C# I think is not fit for directshow filter design because of the efficiency. MSDN/directx sdk sample code/other one’s directshow code are worth to read.
cb2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2010, 08:33   #22  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

I started an implementation using libbluray for my LAVFSplitter. The problem i basically run into is how to get the title selection to players, because there is no proper title selection DShow interface, and the interface the DVD Navigator uses is quite limited and rather stupid, imho. (its also very specific to DVDs)

The best solution would be to define a new interface, which parts with the MS DVD Navigator interface, and use it for both libbluray and the dvd navigator. Of course, player developers would have to jump on board as well, or its all pointless.
Old 19th November 2010, 10:36   #23  |  Link
cb2000

I think for the enduser, the menu is the most important interface for title selection. So impletement of the BD menu system and BDJ in DShow is the first.
I don't know if the libbluray work well on menu and BDJ. If It is, it is worth to work on it now.
Old 19th November 2010, 13:41   #24  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

BDJ support in libbluray looks like a work in progress, not sure how far its along, default menus might be better, but i didnt try to get them working yet.
Sadly libbluray is like not documented at all, and development seems to be limited to 1-2 guys right now, that push a few commits every other week, so its going slow.

Note when i'm saying "interface", i don't mean something the user can click on, i mean a interface in the programming sense, an abstract definition that defines how the player and the source filter/splitter communicate. The interface the DVD Navigator uses is just not re-usable for other source filters. I looked into that before, and its just lacking, and would severely limit the splitter.

There needs to be something new that defines how the player tells the splitter what to do, and the splitter tells the player about the stream events. Starting to blindly code some filter without this will not result in any maintainable code. Thats why i also want player developers on board with this, because when they don't work on this as well, its a futile attempt. Sadly i don't know of any good player that has active devs that would want to work on this as well. MPC-HC does not really have an active dev experienced enough with the DShow parts to work on this, and i've never seen some guy from another player around these forums =/

Last edited by nevcairiel; 19th November 2010 at 13:55.
nevcairiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2010, 13:59   #25  |  Link
cb2000

I think MS DVD Navigator had show the way for what yo saying "interface". It use filter events notification to tells the player about the stream events. The player use its IDVDInfo and IDVDControl interface to tells the splitter what to do. We can define a new universal event code and interface to do it better.
Old 19th November 2010, 14:39   #26  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Yeah thats what i mean. IDVDInfo2 and IDVDControl2 are designed a bit silly, and full of legacy functions that don't make sense much anymore.
Old 19th November 2010, 15:31   #27  |  Link
cb2000

Yes, I agree. Some functions don't make sense much anymore. I don't impletement all of them now. I doubt now if it is worth to impletement them to make the filter as much as compatiable to MS DVD Navigator.
Old 25th November 2010, 04:00   #28  |  Link
cb2000

Can madVR work with i945gm?
When I try to test dslibdvdnav with mpc-hc, I find madVR don't work.
Software: mpc-hc release_v1_4_2499_0 (src downloaded from svn, changed to load dslibdvdnav, for test only)
madVR v0.34
WinXP SP3
Hardware: DELL 640m
Old 25th November 2010, 04:09   #29  |  Link
namaiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2000 View Post
Can madVR work with i945gm?
No, but it works with the next generation, X3100.
namaiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2010, 07:10   #30  |  Link
cb2000

Bad news. I must find another computer for testing.
Or anyone can help to test it, files has upload to sourceforge.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/dsli...2.zip/download
Old 27th November 2010, 03:18   #31  |  Link
cb2000

It seems no one had a test...
I found it crash with mpc internal video decoder and madVR in Win7.
There is a bug in MHC-HC\src\DSUtil\deinterlace.cpp line 258, it make an aligned SSE2 store instruction on a unaligned pointer, should corrrect it by
_mm_storeu_si128(dstrow++, ...).
After a search i found it is corrected in SVN trunk.
Anyway it works with madVR on my computer now.
Old 27th November 2010, 20:46   #32  |  Link
commander1979

Hi cb2000

can i test it with mediaportal?

greets
commander
commander1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2010, 06:58   #33  |  Link
cb2000

Thanks, it need to make some change on mediaportal to support dslibdvdnav.
dslibdvdnav use the same interface as MS DVD navigator.
I know that is written by C#, can u do it?
Maybe just make some change on "Core/DShowNET/Helper/Filters/FilterHelper.cs" is enough.
Old 29th November 2010, 11:45   #34  |  Link
Neeto

The results of my testing

If the DVD is in a local DVD drive then all works okay

If the DVD is mounted from a NAS device MPC-HC plays a few frames of the FBI notice then freezes, but this works fine on normal MPC-HC.

If the File->Open Directory is used and the Directory is on a NAS then MPC-HC displays "Cannot fid DVD directory" but this works fine on normal MPC-HC.

If the file->Open DVD is used and the Directory is on a NAS then MPC-HC plays a few frames of the FBI notice then freezes, but this works fine on normal MPC-HC.

It seems any network path does not work properly.

Regards, Neeto
Old 29th November 2010, 20:59   #35  |  Link
mark0077

I'm getting the "Cannot find DVD directory" error also using 0.1.2, windows 7 opening video_ts.ifo from hdd, using qdvd.dll allows me to play dvds with madVR, sweeet, any workaround or differences between this opensource one and qdvd.dll. I can't navigate through the dvd menus correctly with qdvd.dll and mpc-hc freezes every so often when attempting to do so.

Last edited by mark0077; 29th November 2010 at 21:38.
mark0077 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2010, 07:03   #36  |  Link
cb2000

Thanks a lot.
1. It can not open video_ts.ifo now, it only support by open dvd root directory or a dvd image file. I will fix it.
2. I test on my computer that a network path is working by file->Open DVD.
Neeto, are you sure the disc you mount on the NAS can be played if it mount on a local DVD drive?
Is the NAS use SMB procotol for sharing?
Old 3rd December 2010, 19:37   #37  |  Link
commander1979

Hi,

i have changed Core/DShowNET/Helper/Filters/FilterHelper.cs. I can choose now dslibdvdnav as DVS Navigator but if i will play the DVD i get an error message. Can not play DVD: video_ts.ifo.

Greets
commander
commander1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2010, 09:28   #38  |  Link
cb2000

can open video_ts.ifo now, try new file from sourceforge please.
Old 5th December 2010, 07:12   #39  |  Link
dansrfe

I think you should send a pm to one of the devs for mpc-hc to include the "use: dslibdvdnav" for all future builds.
dansrfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2010, 07:49   #40  |  Link
_xxl
ffdshow user

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansrfe View Post
I think you should send a pm to one of the devs for mpc-hc to include the "use: dslibdvdnav" for all future builds.
Maybe it should be included in MPC-HC.
_xxl is offline   Reply With Quote