Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 21st October 2014, 21:09   #11  |  Link
CaBleman

Got it! (workaround)

r0lZ,

I found the "culprit" causing the hiccup on my system.
At least with DGMVCSource it was the hw=0 option in the function call within the AVS script:
Code:
interleaved = DGMVCSource("xxx.track_xxx.264", "xxx.track_xxx.mvc", view = 0, frames = 198357, hw = 0)
The value 0 means "auto" and on my system it chooses hardware acceleration. So if I leave that on 0 or put it to 2, the following happens:
When the enconding starts, 3-5 seconds go by before something actually happens.
It then starts with the usual approx. 14fps and then accelerates quickly up to 90fps (wow, would be good to have for real.
All this with the result of the black video.

It is only when I put it to 1 and enforce pure software based decoding, that the frame serving works the way it should...

You may very well be right that this is caused by the Intel 3D (decoder?) lib, since I operate a Haswell Refesh processor (Core I5 4590S), which is quite new. May be caused by other libs/components as well...

Hopefully this is a helpful clue to you or your knowledgable people; maybe "we" have to find a newer version of that lib?
If you or someone else needs any more info on my system, let me know...

Anyway, would it be asked too much to have an option (tickboxes or dropdown) in the last tab for this parameter?
Otherwise people with machines like mine have to wait for the demuxing and then amend the AVS script to run the transcoding... please think about it

Thanks again for taking care and providing BD3D2MK3D!

Bye,

CaBleman

Last edited by CaBleman; 21st October 2014 at 21:26.