Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Audio encoding

Old 4th September 2008, 23:52   #1  |  Link
Ranguvar

[Guide] Workaround for demuxing audio from VC-1 WMVs

Infuriated by how the Windows Media Stream Editor won't open your VC-1 WMV files, even though you have WMP 11 and the WMSDK 11? (This is a problem for me with every downloaded VC-1 video in ASF (WMV) (game trailers), so I don't think it's a bad file)

The solution is the SolveigMM ASF Multiplexer. Make sure to get the latest version; there's a bugfix that is needed! Extract files, run register.bat, and then run the EXE.

Open up your WMV. It will probably say the video format is unknown. That's OK. Uncheck Enable under Video, choose your audio stream, keep Uncompressed unchecked and Enable stream checked (under Audio), and save as a .wmv (Yes, I tried making a straight WMA; it does not work).

Now, open up your audio-only WMV in the Stream Editor, Add your audio to the right-hand side, Create File, and save as your WMA. Done.

Gotta love MS

Last edited by Ranguvar; 4th September 2008 at 23:54.
Ranguvar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2008, 13:11   #2  |  Link
Dmitry Vergheles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranguvar View Post
Infuriated by how the Windows Media Stream Editor won't open your VC-1 WMV files, even though you have WMP 11 and the WMSDK 11? (This is a problem for me with every downloaded VC-1 video in ASF (WMV) (game trailers), so I don't think it's a bad file)

The solution is the SolveigMM ASF Multiplexer. Make sure to get the latest version; there's a bugfix that is needed! Extract files, run register.bat, and then run the EXE.

Open up your WMV. It will probably say the video format is unknown. That's OK. Uncheck Enable under Video, choose your audio stream, keep Uncompressed unchecked and Enable stream checked (under Audio), and save as a .wmv (Yes, I tried making a straight WMA; it does not work).

Now, open up your audio-only WMV in the Stream Editor, Add your audio to the right-hand side, Create File, and save as your WMA. Done.

Gotta love MS
Why do you need so many operations if you save audio only it is already WMA just set the necessary file extension
If there is any problem please describe it on our forum and we fit that.
http://www.solveigmm.com/forum/
Dmitry Vergheles is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
demux, stream, vc-1, wma, wmv