Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players

Old 4th February 2021, 23:38   #61241  |  Link
ang3l

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klaus1189 View Post
I created a dedicated thread for this stuff and update it daily if necessary for new driver updates, new infos of bugs or known limitations of specific GPUs and or drivers:
AMD, Intel and Nvidia driver issues and last recommended version

I summarized in the first two posts
thxxx
ang3l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2021, 23:51   #61242  |  Link
Zulithe

Quote:
Originally Posted by VBB View Post
Go back one build number. The new build is reportedly crashing a lot of systems.

EDIT: Workaround seems to be to open madVR at least once before attempting playback.

2nd EDIT: Mathias posted a fixed build: http://madshi.net/madVRhdrMeasure123b.zip
Sadly did not fix it... the crash happens on stable too. I'm not sure it's related to the changes in the test builds, since I also tried rolling back to stable

*edit* ack, thought I fixed it but nope

Last edited by Zulithe; 5th February 2021 at 00:13.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2021, 00:51   #61243  |  Link
VBB

Does it crash with MPC-HC instead of MPC-BE?
Old 5th February 2021, 01:02   #61244  |  Link
Zulithe

Quote:
Does it crash with MPC-HC instead of MPC-BE?
It crashes both. Just downloaded MPC-HC 1.9.8.26 Portable Beta to test it.
Old 5th February 2021, 01:27   #61245  |  Link
VBB

That is odd. If I were you, I'd completely uninstall madVR by using the included batch file. Then re-install using this http://madshi.net/madVR.zip. After that, you can copy any of the test builds on top, if you feel like it. Also, try the latest MPC-HC here https://github.com/clsid2/mpc-hc/rel....8.157.x64.zip, just in case (unless that's the version you are talking about).
Old 5th February 2021, 01:45   #61246  |  Link
Zulithe

Quote:
That is odd. If I were you, I'd completely uninstall madVR by using the included batch file. Then re-install using this http://madshi.net/madVR.zip. After that, you can copy any of the test builds on top, if you feel like it. Also, try the latest MPC-HC here https://github.com/clsid2/mpc-hc/rel....8.157.x64.zip, just in case (unless that's the version you are talking about).
I sincerely thank you for the replies, but I have tried that over and over again. Tried rebooting. Tried re-installing my video drivers. reinstalled every program in my video playing stack and reset all their settings. tried madvr stable (same as your link) and even the test build, freshly extracting the files each time in case I was making some kind of error. tried mpc-be and latest stable mpc-hc (used the installer you linked just to make sure), both crash when using madvr but not other renderers. Tried opening madHcCtrl after I cleanly install madvr (with settings reset) first to see if that helped as I saw that mentioned in the AVS thread. Tried checking my system for errors with SFC and DISM commands. Nothing has worked and I'm stumped!

I've used MadVR for years and years, never encountered this.

Only thing I can come up with is that it might have something to do with the Cumulative updates MS pushed on 2/3, guess i'll have to try reverting those next since nothing else is working, but I've never had an update rollup break something like this before.

Last edited by Zulithe; 5th February 2021 at 02:00.
Old 5th February 2021, 03:25   #61247  |  Link
VBB

Hmm, that sucks. I can tell you that I also have those latest cumulative previews installed, and I don't have your issues. Same Nvidia driver, too. Hope you get it sorted out soon.
Old 5th February 2021, 11:19   #61248  |  Link
mclingo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post
I sincerely thank you for the replies, but I have tried that over and over again. Tried rebooting. Tried re-installing my video drivers. reinstalled every program in my video playing stack and reset all their settings. tried madvr stable (same as your link) and even the test build, freshly extracting the files each time in case I was making some kind of error. tried mpc-be and latest stable mpc-hc (used the installer you linked just to make sure), both crash when using madvr but not other renderers. Tried opening madHcCtrl after I cleanly install madvr (with settings reset) first to see if that helped as I saw that mentioned in the AVS thread. Tried checking my system for errors with SFC and DISM commands. Nothing has worked and I'm stumped!

I've used MadVR for years and years, never encountered this.

Only thing I can come up with is that it might have something to do with the Cumulative updates MS pushed on 2/3, guess i'll have to try reverting those next since nothing else is working, but I've never had an update rollup break something like this before.
I've had this issue once a long time ago when I used to host MADVR on my C windows drive, I think the registry entries got currupted somehow.

try throwing everything at it in one go.

remove MADVR
remove GFX your drivers
reboot
reinstall known working GFX driver
reinstall madvr in a new location on another hard drive, use default settings, dont change anything just to see if plays stable.
Old 5th February 2021, 12:24   #61249  |  Link
jkauff

Another approach to try would be to change the permissions on the c:\madVR folder. Like most things on the C: drive, it's probably set to Read Only, which means madVR can't write the Settings file to the folder.
jkauff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2021, 17:16   #61250  |  Link
clsid

It stores the settings in the Registry:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\madshi\madVR

The settings .bin file is just an extra backup copy of the settings. It is not required.
clsid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2021, 21:32   #61251  |  Link
Zulithe

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclingo View Post
I've had this issue once a long time ago when I used to host MADVR on my C windows drive, I think the registry entries got currupted somehow.

try throwing everything at it in one go.

remove MADVR
remove GFX your drivers
reboot
reinstall known working GFX driver
reinstall madvr in a new location on another hard drive, use default settings, dont change anything just to see if plays stable.
Fixed it. What finally did it was disabling my internet, booting into safe mode and using DDU to completely remove my nvidia drivers, reboot, install latest drivers, reboot, enable internet, and now it works. Had to go HAM on the drivers, something got broken somehow. All done. Thanks for the replies all.
Old 7th February 2021, 01:25   #61252  |  Link
Dogway

Is there a way to show file title OSD on exclusive fullscreen? Looked for it on keymaps so probably not? or through pixel shaders maybe (MPC-HC)?
Dogway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2021, 10:12   #61253  |  Link
zveroboy

Quote:
2nd EDIT: Mathias posted a fixed build: http://madshi.net/madVRhdrMeasure123b.zip
Statistics show 1920x2160 instead of 1920x1080.
Why? Is it issue?

Please tell me on which site can I get test builds of the madVR?
zveroboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2021, 12:23   #61254  |  Link
jkauff

Quote:
Originally Posted by clsid View Post
It stores the settings in the Registry:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\madshi\madVR

The settings .bin file is just an extra backup copy of the settings. It is not required.
I know, but does it try to write settings.bin, and does it fail gracefully if it can't?

Just curious, since the OP solved his problem.
jkauff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2021, 14:24   #61255  |  Link
Asmodian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkauff View Post
I know, but does it try to write settings.bin, and does it fail gracefully if it can't?
Yes, if it cannot write the user doesn't even know; settings.bin is simply not created.
Old 7th February 2021, 19:18   #61256  |  Link
VBB

Quote:
Originally Posted by zveroboy View Post
Statistics show 1920x2160 instead of 1920x1080.
Why? Is it issue?

Please tell me on which site can I get test builds of the madVR?
No issues with this build. For new builds, use the same link and simply change the number. For example, the next one will be called "madVRhdrMeasure124.zip".

If you want to know more about the testing, see here https://www.avsforum.com/threads/imp...ector.2954506/

Last edited by VBB; 7th February 2021 at 19:22.
VBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2021, 19:41   #61257  |  Link
zveroboy

Quote:
No issues with this build.
LAV-Video-Filter ---> 1920x1080 (No issue)
MPC-BE (Internal Filter) ---> 1920x2160

Quote:
For new builds, use the same link and simply change the number. For example, the next one will be called "madVRhdrMeasure124.zip".
Thanks alot!
zveroboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2021, 02:58   #61258  |  Link
stmhlm

I'm unable to load a custom arve curve for tone mapping in madVR.

I understand that madVR's own tone mapping is better since it's dynamic, but figured I could try loading arve curves into madVR to see how they would perform in my projector.

Once I select 'arve custom curve' in 'tone mapping curve' an explorer window opens where it lets me select the .conf file, once selected/loaded by pressing 'Open', madVR instead selects 'BT.2390'.

If I select 'BT.2390' from the list, I cannot 'Apply' it, because it has already been applied by trying to load the custom arve curve.

Support for arve curves was implemented in v0.92.13, I've tried that build, and all builds up to the most recent build, no luck at all.

You cannot load arve curves with the latest HDR build installed/patched, so obviously those builds are not installed.

I've tried two different curves, one with 'eo' set to 'eotf_pq' and one set to 'eotf_gamma_2_4' but none seem to bite.

Can anyone of you replicate the issue?

I'm using Javs V3 curve, from AVSforum, specifically the '1200nitv3' curve, you'll find it below.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xbwz9fyt62...%20v3.zip?dl=1

Thanks!
stmhlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2021, 15:57   #61259  |  Link
slappy

Can someone confirm that new AMD cards like the 6800xt are supporting 3D mvc mkv. I need to upgrade my system and nvidia dropped the 3D support on their drivers.
slappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2021, 16:36   #61260  |  Link
mclingo

the 5700 series does so it should do, there has been no announcement about pulling this, all current drivers still work on my card

Tags
direct compute, dithering, error diffusion, madvr, ngu, nnedi3, quality, renderer, scaling, uhd upscaling, upsampling