Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > VapourSynth
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11th May 2017, 22:18   #1  |  Link
Buck746

Functions that don't work

I'm using the latest versions of vapoursynth and python. I'm on Windows 7. I have tried on 2 installs of windows on bare metal and once on a VM on my macbook.

I have been trying to get vapoursynth to load a video file, process thru BM3d and output. I'm using virtualdub for opening the vpy file. I can get it to load a video file and even do a basic resize. Going past the built in functions doesn't want to work.

The script I am trying to get to run:
Code:
import vapoursynth as vs
import mvsfunc as mvf

core = vs.get_core()

video = core.avisource.AVISource('G:\\Harpo.avi')

#core.resize.Bicubic(video, format=vs.RGB24)

ref = core.bm3d.VBasic (video, radius=6, sigma=24.0, block_size=8, block_step=8).bm3d.VAggregate(6, 1)
#core.bm3d.VFinal (video, ref,radius=6, sigma=24.0, block_size=8, block_step=8).bm3d.VAggregate(6, 1)

video = core.bm3d.VFinal (video, ref, radius=6, sigma=24.0, block_size=8, block_step=8).bm3d.VAggregate(6, 1)

video.set_output()
With line 2 I get an error: Python exception No Module named 'mvsfunc'. I can comment that out and it seems to proceed without trouble until it gets to bm3d.VFinal. at that point it returns an error saying input clip "ref" must be of the same format.

The input clip is a small selection from a capped VHS tape. I preconverted it to RGB and unfolded the fields in virtualdub.

I've been searching google and the forum here and haven't found a solution. I know it's probably something simple that's right in front of me. If anyone can help I would appreciate it.
Buck746 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2017, 23:01   #2  |  Link
Are_

https://github.com/HomeOfVapourSynth...ter/mvsfunc.py goes inside your site-packages directory in your python install, this is a wrapper that takes care of all the bullshit involved in using this filter, really handy.

Then just follow the instructions in https://github.com/HomeOfVapourSynth...pourSynth-BM3D

If you still insist in using this plug-in without the wrapper read carefully the readme at it's github page, everything should be answered there.

I think the problem for your with your script is that it does an automatic format conversion when using a temporal radius greater than zero, so the recommended way as for the readme is to previously convert to OPP and when everything is done back to RGB.
Are_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2017, 23:24   #3  |  Link
Buck746

How do I get mvsfunc to load? I've tried placing it into an autoload folder and trying to tell it the path to load it from. No matter how i've tried loading it it comes back with an error. (Python exception No Module named 'mvsfunc')
Buck746 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2017, 23:38   #4  |  Link
Are_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Are_ View Post
https://github.com/HomeOfVapourSynth...ter/mvsfunc.py goes inside your site-packages directory in your python install
You load it as a python module, not as a vapoursynth plug-in.

I think in windows it should be something along
Code:
C:\Python\Lib\site-packages
Not really sure though.
Are_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2017, 20:36   #5  |  Link
Mystery Keeper
Beyond Kawaii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck746 View Post
How do I get mvsfunc to load? I've tried placing it into an autoload folder and trying to tell it the path to load it from. No matter how i've tried loading it it comes back with
Code:
an error. (Python exception No Module named 'mvsfunc')
Code:
sys.path.append('D:\\vapoursynth-plugins\\py\\')
import mvsfunc