Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > New and alternative a/v containers

Old 2nd June 2021, 15:25   #24461  |  Link
GMJCZP

The lasts versions of MAC are not compatible with BeHappy because a problem with Stdin (?).

GMJCZP's Arsenal
GMJCZP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2021, 00:14   #24462  |  Link
hubi73

Should this vulnerability be fixed in LAV Filters? Maybe in a nightly update?

https://nvd.nist.gov/vuln/detail/CVE-2021-33815
https://github.com/FFmpeg/FFmpeg/com...acfb4b1139a777
hubi73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2021, 18:14   #24463  |  Link
PCU

Can I request features?
PCU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2021, 06:06   #24464  |  Link
Calvi

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevcairiel View Post
Because it has no future, and already several problems, and leaving something around to suffer bitrot because it could be useful for someone is not how I work.
No argument from me and I am keen to move to d3d11 but I also need Deinterlacing.

CUVID still works best for our DVB broadcasts, but I understand it is deprecated by Nvidia.

My question to Nev is do you plan to replace Cuvid with NVDec or similar, or will it just be removed?
Calvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2021, 10:00   #24465  |  Link
huhn

CUVID and NVdec are the same and he talk about a really cool alternative with deint and such.
nvidia just renamed it.
huhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2021, 11:08   #24466  |  Link
PCU

Request: please support de-blocking feature for low quality encoded files.
PCU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2021, 00:53   #24467  |  Link
Calvi

Quote:
Originally Posted by huhn View Post
CUVID and NVdec are the same and he talk about a really cool alternative with deint and such.
nvidia just renamed it.
https://docs.nvidia.com/cuda/video-decoder/index.html
Claims CUVID is now deprecated and replaced with NVDec, but I don’t really care what’s it’s called. I’d just like to have an equivalent deinterlacing solution to CUVID (as dxva2 is NOT the same as CUVID when using Lav filters now)
Old 13th June 2021, 02:46   #24468  |  Link
huhn

they are the same there is absolutely zero chance they have coded 2 hardware decoder it's just buggy with DXVA2 you could try mpcVR with d3d11 VP support it may work better.

as said before nev had an idea where nvdec would work like d3d11 native and with deint support. it's done when it's done if he even works on it all.
huhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2021, 03:19   #24469  |  Link
Calvi

Relax Huhn,

I’m not making any demands, just would like to know what Nev might be planning for deinterlacing support (if anything).

Whether it’s due to buggy dxva2 or not, lav with CUVID does not deinterlace the same as lav with dxva2. I’ve tried everything and they both deinterlace, usually very similarly, but definitely NOT the same. CUVID always does better on the fringe cases.

I wish dvb would just switch to progressive so I never have to worry about interlacing again.

I have posted these before, but here are two clips (and screenshots) that show what happens with DXVA2 deinterlacing. Neither issue happens with CUVID. I know one is an interlaced overlay and the other may have its own issues but CUVID deals with all the interlaced content I encounter while DXVA2 only deals with some. MadVR or EVR renderer - makes no difference.
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AuEm8LURKbbGaa4F...W50Oc?e=gRDMWT

Last edited by Calvi; 13th June 2021 at 06:22.
Old 13th June 2021, 17:18   #24470  |  Link
VictorLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvi View Post
I’m not making any demands, just would like to know what Nev might be planning for deinterlacing support (if anything).
Best regards - I'm SAT amateur too and can say nevcairiel don't care about us - I wrote people have to have choice about useful CUVID (and not all-frame decoding for H265 4K 4:2:2 feeds and 8K channels on weak computers) many times here (you can read find and read my posts) but all he done are 10bit CUVID decoding support but too late (I wanted it for WinXP but he stops support WinXP before - just cleaver Russian guy Aleksoid1978 from MPC-BE and MPC-VR project helped me that time) and switchable CUVID DXVA processing for "broken" with nVIDIA's DXVA streams.
Quote:
I wish dvb would just switch to progressive so I never have to worry about interlacing again.
I hope FullHD will be 1920x1080p50(60) but they did it 1920x1080i50(60) (
It's a pity even modern 4K channels despite of progressive sometimes are 25p instead of 50p even on Euro2020(4x~92 MB, 4х29 seconds) https://transfiles.ru/pu0jw - to watch HLG with right colors on SDR monitor read my thread https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=176909
Quote:
I have posted these before, but here are two clips (and screenshots) that show what happens with DXVA2 deinterlacing. Neither issue happens with CUVID. I know one is an interlaced overlay and the other may have its own issues but CUVID deals with all the interlaced content I encounter while DXVA2 only deals with some. MadVR or EVR renderer - makes no difference.
In Win7x64 there isn't any problem (I've watched in MPC-HC 1.9.13 in stop frame mode with Ctrl+RightArrow) with both CUVID and DXVA2 deinterlacing while playing Deinterlacing 7HD Powerball.ts and Deinterlacing 10HD - BBPan.ts on my nVIDIA GTX750v2 on GM206 with EVR(-CP), MPC-VR and madVR:

I see the problem as on your screenshots only when I disable deinterlacing in LAV Video Decoder:

PS. If I've got some free time I'm going to install Win10x64 21H1 to try D3D11 on my old computer with Athlon II x3 460 CPU.

Last edited by VictorLS; 13th June 2021 at 21:13.
VictorLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2021, 19:15   #24471  |  Link
el Filou

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorLS View Post
In Win7x64 there isn't any problem with both CUVID and DXVA2 deinterlacing while playing Deinterlacing 7HD Powerball.ts and Deinterlacing 10HD - BBPan.ts on my nVIDIA GTX750v2 on GM206 with EVR(-CP), MPC-VR and madVR
Do you have the "use inverse telecine" setting in Nvidia Control Panel enabled or not?
The problem with the powerball clip and DXVA is that when you disable that option, it deinterlaces the overlay with the balls correctly but does not do pulldown anymore, so progressive material broadcast in interlaced is lower quality.
If you enable the option, it then does pulldown for progressive but if there is interlaced overlay like here it decides the image is till progressive and does not deinterlace.
Old 13th June 2021, 21:24   #24472  |  Link
VictorLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by el Filou View Post
Do you have the "use inverse telecine" setting in Nvidia Control Panel enabled or not?
As SAT amateur I always disable (uncheck) "Use inverse telecine" setting in Nvidia Control Panel immediately after install driver and I forget to mention that in my previous post - thanks. With checked "Use inverse telecine" I see interlace with both CUVID and DXVA2 hardware acceleration.
Btw I'm going to experiment with Ryzen 3 3200g with Vega graphics deinterlacing of H265 SD and HD quasi-interlaced channels soon so can anyone show how to disable Inverse Telecine in Adrenalin's Control Panel (and btw in modern Intel's Control Panel)?
Quote:
progressive material broadcast in interlaced is lower quality
I don't care about it (I don't watch movies and so on from interlaced channels - I'd say I don't watch movies almost at all) but will appreciate examples how namely looks that lower quality.

Last edited by VictorLS; 13th June 2021 at 22:05.
Old 14th June 2021, 06:20   #24473  |  Link
Calvi

Quote:
The problem with the powerball clip and DXVA is that when you disable that option, it deinterlaces the overlay with the balls correctly but does not do pulldown anymore, so progressive material broadcast in interlaced is lower quality.
If you enable the option, it then does pulldown for progressive but if there is interlaced overlay like here it decides the image is till progressive and does not deinterlace.
Thanks el Filou.

You are right, I did have IVTC switched on. DXVA is much closer to Cuvid with it switched off. But still not the same, Cuvid is OK with IVTC on while DXVA is not.

I also tried the Cheese Slices from here (with both IVTC on and off):
https://www.avsforum.com/threads/hd-...icker.1157287/

and the results are different for DXVA2 vs Cuvid with these as well (whether IVTC is on or off).
DXVA2 Copy Back vs Native seem identical, but Cuvid gives an entirely different result (Seems slightly worse actually, but definitely different).

I will say that with IVTC off and DXVA2 the Australian Broadcasts seem ok so I can probably live with this setup.

Would still like to know what causes the difference though as it would seem having IVTC and deinterlacing working correctly would cover the most formats out there?

Last edited by Calvi; 14th June 2021 at 07:18.
Old 14th June 2021, 08:46   #24474  |  Link
VictorLS

Quote:
You are right, I did have IVTC switched on. DXVA is much closer to Cuvid with it switched off. But still not the same, Cuvid is OK with IVTC on while DXVA is not...and the results are different for DXVA2 vs Cuvid with these as well (whether IVTC is on or off).
DXVA2 Copy Back vs Native seem identical, but Cuvid gives an entirely different result
Some CUVID vs DXVA2 difference screenshots, please.
Quote:
(Seems slightly worse actually, but definitely different)
Seems that's why nevcairiel didn't want to do CUVID DXVA deinterlacing switchable for "broken streams" for a long time but I don't see difference.
Btw I used Cheese Slices since 2009 for tests - i.e. at the end of 2009 I choose Samsung 40B652 PVA TVset (despite one broken dark subpixel) instead of identical LG IPS namely due to much more quality of deinterlacing

Last edited by VictorLS; 14th June 2021 at 10:05.
Old 14th June 2021, 12:59   #24475  |  Link
Calvi

Screen Caps saved to same folder as above.
Named Slices Cuvid.jpg and Slices DXVA-CB.jpg
Both with IVTC off, but IVTC makes no noticeable difference in these tests.
Old 14th June 2021, 15:38   #24476  |  Link
VictorLS

Calvi
Thanks - I don't see artifacts like on your Slices Cuvid.jpg in any mode.
Old 14th June 2021, 20:18   #24477  |  Link
el Filou

Quote:
I don't care about it (I don't watch movies and so on from interlaced channels - I'd say I don't watch movies almost at all) but will appreciate examples how namely looks that lower quality.
I didn't keep screenshots from when I tested that, but what happens is with 50i the deinterlacer will treat two fields from one same image (as happens in 2:2 film mode) as being from two different images and will try to analyse motion between them and also the next field to produce two output frames. As they are from the same image it won't find much motion, but very fine detail will appear to be shimmering.
With 30i it will completely mess up the 3:2 cadence and you'll see moiré and aliasing.
Old 14th June 2021, 21:09   #24478  |  Link
VictorLS

el Filou
Thanks - will try to find described you artifacts in a future on movies on interlaced channels trying switch on/off "Use inverse telecine" in nVIDIA Control Panel
Quote:
It seems interlacing will follow us (SAT amateurs) for a long time in a future:

from 20210614-205013_TRT 4K.mkv (28 MB) https://transfiles.ru/cum1l
It's a pity I didn't record from live translation of that match to see was interlace artifacts or not (I'm sure there wasn't artifacts).

Last edited by VictorLS; 14th June 2021 at 21:14.
Old 14th June 2021, 21:18   #24479  |  Link
SeeMoreDigital
Life's clearer in 4K UHD

Quote:
...It seems interlacing will follow us (SAT amateurs) for a long time in a future:
Studio content has too many overlays, so it doesn't provide an accurate example. The actual game play would be better... But it looks progressive to me!

Last edited by SeeMoreDigital; 14th June 2021 at 21:20.
SeeMoreDigital is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2021, 21:36   #24480  |  Link
ashlar42

I use Kodi DSPlayer as my main player... today I've finally managed to get a RTX3070, preparing for when my new 4K TV will be here.

As such I have tried playing back some 4K HDR files (tonemapped through madVR). Initially I got all strange colors, blocks, general crap... At first I did not understand, then I realized that I had tried, years ago, to decode through the Lentoid HEVC decoder, as an experiment. I removed that from my system aaaand... there is pretty much no way I can get LAV Video to be used to decode HEVC. I have unregistered Lentoid, I have selected LAV Video, nothing... video starts but there is sound and no video.

I tried with both MPC-HC and MPC-HC BE and even though I deselect the internal filters and place LAV Video as preferred, they both fall back to the internal filter (MPC-HC stating "Lav Video (internal low merit)"). It's as if LAV is not usable for HEVC (HEVC is selected in configuration).

I have upgraded to 75, downgraded to 74.1, reupgraded to 75, nothing changed. I restarted the machine too (Windows 10 x64).
ashlar42 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
decoders, directshow, filters, splitter