Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > VirtualDub, VDubMod & AviDemux

Old 9th August 2010, 21:11   #1  |  Link
thebigoc5

AviDemux Problem Joining Resized MP4

I have two videos from youtube which are part of the same file. However youtube encoded them in mp4 format with two different resolutions. I want to join the files using AviDemux.

So I resized one of the videos to match the size of the other using AviDemux. (Mencoder Lanzcos3).

When append in AviDemux and view the joined videos they play seamlessly. However I save as mp4 and try to open with VLC and the Video stops at the point where the files merged. The audio is ok.

Also when I inserted the resized file AviDemux prompted the index was not up to date and wanted to rebuild frame. I tried that and it crashed.

Info on the files:

I also tried joining the files with Yamb but VLC opened a software RGB Direct X output window and played both clips simultaneously instead of concatenating them.

Can anyone assist me in joining these two files?

Last edited by thebigoc5; 10th August 2010 at 04:55.
thebigoc5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
avidemux, join, mp4, resize