Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Usage

Old 21st October 2018, 16:57   #1  |  Link
gispos

AvsPmod 2.5.1 (Windows_x86) mod

I have adapted the program to my own needs. Maybe one or the other likes it.

Large Address Aware Flag is set (32bit version).
Version is based on vdcrim 2.5.1 bug-fix Version for "only one prefetcher allowed" see Doom9 Forum.
From version 2.6.0.1 with modifications from pinterf (pfmod)

--------------------------
Last Version 2.6.1.0
Changelog

The encoder_gui.py and ffmpeg.presets are out of date. Are newer in version 2.6.0.9
AvsPmod ffmpeg encoding tools

Version 2.6.0.6 [2019-02-05] GPo
- Known issues with the Avisynth V6 header fixed.

Version 2.6.0.4 [2019-01-28] GPo
- Bug fix: Clear all bookmarks
- Bug fix: 32bit Version crashes
- Bug fix: YUV values can be wrong or negative.
- Bug fix: 'Add tab to group' from context or video menu resulted in an error.
- Change the handling of plugins dir. There should never again problems.
- Error handling if avisynth.dll can not load. Source from vdcrim.
Change the db click behavior on video window, if video smaller than the window height,
script window expands the height full (not only to the set minimum lines count).

Version 2.6.0.2 [2019-01-07] GPo
Bug fix version!

Version 2.6.0.1 [2019-01-04] GPo
- Now with Avisynth Header Version 6. Great Thanks to pinterf
- Added to Trim Editor the option 'Single clips' with custom prefix, this insert c0=Trim(?,?)..cn=Trim(?,?) commands.
- Added to frame text field Context Menu 'bell at bookmarks' and 'highlight bookmarks',
--- make a sound or highlight the slider if the current frame in the bookmarks. Also added 'set highlight color...'.
- Added to Option menu 'Make fonts and colors backup' and 'Load fonts and colors backup', you can copy the 'backup_style.dat' file
--- created in the AvsP directory into a different AvsP directory and when loading only the text style and color will be changed.
- Change 'Video > Save view pos on tab change' default now checked false.
- Fixed: frame text field set wrong color or does not update the color if bookmark added or deleted with right mouse button on the slider.
- Trying to cancel the script if the message 'Error requesting frame' in a non-ending loop. You must press 'Cancel' on the message box.
--- try first 'OK', only press 'Cancel' if the message in an non-ending loop, but if the system out of memory, nothing helps!
--- at this error, if you press 'Cancel', the session and script is saved as '_LastErrorSession.ses, _LastErrorScript.avs' in the AvsP program folder. Hopefully.
--- !!! On my test, however, (paranoid mode is not for me)
------ 'OK' was not always the best choice, when you trying to freeing the memory manuele Freezes AvsP and you have no chance to save the script.
- Trying to fix some rare bugs and other changes.

Version 2.5.1.16 [2018-12-08] GPo
- AvisynthPlus (pinterf) fork Neo r2822 compatible, added 'func' to avisynth value parsing

Version 2.5.1.15 [2018-11-17] GPo
- Removed wrong Rec2020 display conversion. Sorry.
- Removed 'Restore bookmarks'
- Improved status bar flickering.
- Improved DoubleClick event on video window, reduced flickering on the bottom
- Improved add 'New Tab' flickering if the script is loading or copying
- Added 'Options > Misc > On first script load bookmarks from script'. If tab count 1, automatically load bookmarks from script.
- Added 'Options > Misc > Tabs changing load bookmarks from script'. Automatically load bookmarks from script if tab is changed.
--- in one session each script can now have its own bookmarks.
- Added 'Video > Save view pos on tab change', saves, restores the XY display coordinates on tab change if the clip not in the same group.
- WndProc features expanded, AvsPmod can receive WM_COPYDATA

Version 2.5.1.14 [2018-11-06] GPo
- Changed, Bookmarks now in SubMenus 'Video > Bookmarks', added Menus' Bookmarks to script' and 'Bookmarks from script',
--- also added to Tab Context menu ' Bookmarks to script' and 'Bookmarks from script' and 'Restore bookmarks' last one is beta.
--- 'Restore bookmarks':
------ if you delete all bookmarks at once, the current script stores first the global bookmarks, and you can restore this bookmarks to globals.
------ In the future maybe more or I will delete it. (it's experimental) You do not have to use it.
- Changed 'Options > Video > Error message font', font color is now saved, drawback: button will never shown the selected font.
- Add YUV to RGB display conversion for Rec2020 (TV level).
- Added format detection for avs_plus colorspaces.
- Add WndProc for custom messages from and to other programs. Win User only. see 'AvsPmod_WndProc.txt'
- Fixed a few unimportant bugs

Version 2.5.1.12 [2018-09-29] GPo
- Add Execute macro-file automatically when a avs file over cmd is processed, file must be located (rename it) in program\macros\startup_avs.pys
- Add Execute macro-file automatically when a source file over cmd is processed, file must be located (rename it) in program\macros\startup.pys
- Add Execute macro-file within comandline '-em': AvsPmod "G:\Video\Star.avs" "-em D:\AvsPmod\macros\MyHidenMacro.pys"
- Add If a *.py or *.pys file is passed as an argument via cmd, or with the file open dialog, it will be treated as a macro (Execute Macro),
--- same behavior as with parameter -em, except file ext must be .py or .pys
- Add comandline parameter -sf, -sf 212 force AvsPmod to show the frame number 212 after startup
- Change the checked status "Video > Play video > Drop frames" now at startup checked=False
- Add "Option > Save/Load > Ask to save the script at program exit > Only when script exists"
- Add Menu "Edit > Toggle text wrap"
- Add Menu "Video > Toggle extended left move" - allows the video display to move more to the left (important to me)
--- video must be wider than half window width and no zoom fit or fill may be set.
- Error handling on AvsPmod x64: Error "FormatTime - %d cannot convert float" (only handling no fix) - avisynth returns NaN value, no idea how I can fix this
- This makes me happy, add DoubleClick event on video window, toggle min script lines "0, default"
- Add Zoom with left mouse button down and wheel rotation (default control down and wheel rotation) I am a mouse junkie..)
- Add Already existing option "invert wheel direction for scrolling the tabs" inverts also zoom wheel direction
- This makes me also happyAdd "Option > Video > Mouse Wheel Function" - Tabs scrolling default, Frames step (I have with wheel frames steps no problems)
- Add "Option > Misc > Invert scroll wheel direction (Frame)", also change text "Invert scroll wheel direction (Tabs, Zoom)"
- Add Toggle the zoom (100%, 200%) with left button pressed and right button click. If zoom is fit or fill or <> 100%, zoom does change to 100%
- Changed zoom save at program exit, only 100%, fit or fill is now saved. Also limit the mouse wheel zoom factor min,max: 0.10, 20.0
- Improved on some functions displayed cursor wait status, clearer indication "program processed, picture is not ready"
- Change the frame number-Text Field Context Menu click event, on click shows now the selected frame number, no keyboard key 'enter' needed
- A bit of the German language file edited, well.
- Some other changes
---------------

GitHub:
https://github.com/gispos/AvsPmod/releases
https://github.com/gispos/AvsPmod

Last edited by gispos; 6th September 2019 at 14:10. Reason: update
gispos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2018, 17:00   #2  |  Link
gispos

AvsPThumb

Reads bookmarks from avs or cr.txt files.
With AvsPmod 2.5.1.15 and higher created avs files that contain a (# Bookmarks) string are read out and the bookmarks is displayed as thumbnails.

moore in the readme.txt

AvsPThumb https://www23.zippyshare.com/v/kv8bup3p/file.html

Last edited by gispos; 9th December 2018 at 22:34.
Old 21st October 2018, 20:24   #3  |  Link
Forteen88
Herr

Thanks, but what's the difference compared to this version?
https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.p...66#post1801766
Forteen88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2018, 23:25   #4  |  Link
StainlessS
HeartlessS Usurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forteen88 View Post
This is a perfect opportunity 4U2 do the comparison, and inform the other members about same.

Developers spend a long, long, long, time making it happen, and time is better spent having
someone else do comparison test, docs etc. [you would would not ask the chef to eat it for you].

EDIT:
Whatever a user spends on review, probably 1.0% of developer effort.

"Some infinities are bigger than other infinities", but how many of them are infinitely bigger ???

Last edited by StainlessS; 22nd October 2018 at 00:04.
StainlessS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2018, 13:29   #5  |  Link
Forteen88
Herr

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessS View Post
This is a perfect opportunity 4U2 do the comparison, and inform the other members about same.

Developers spend a long, long, long, time making it happen, and time is better spent having
someone else do comparison test, docs etc. [you would would not ask the chef to eat it for you].

EDIT: Whatever a user spends on review, probably 1.0% of developer effort.
I'm not a developer, so I thought s/he'd be more accurate in spotting the difference watching github maybe. And I'm not sure if this developer made a fork out of the AvsPmod that I linked to (that's why I mainly asked the question).
And yes, I appreciate what the developers do a lot, I wanted to be a developer myself once, but I discovered that it's VERY hard.
I even think that developers should have the salaries of lawyers (who got VERY high salaries), and the opposite.

EDIT2: Both this version & the version I linked here have the identical AvsPmod.exe x64-binary as Gispos mentioned here ("Version is based on 2.5.1 r452 bug-fix Version for "only one prefetcher allowed" see Doom9 Forum."), but I like that this version changed to
"- Change the checked status "Video > Play video > Drop frames" now at startup checked=False".

EDIT3: Although, StainlessShlomo, I think you got a stick up your a55 for another reason... You go cry because I want to preserve, and not liking genocide...

Last edited by Forteen88; 4th November 2018 at 22:33. Reason: some people...
Forteen88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2018, 17:37   #6  |  Link
StainlessS
HeartlessS Usurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gispos View Post
- Error handling on AvsPmod x64: Error "FormatTime - %d cannot convert float" (only handling no fix) - avisynth returns NaN value, no idea how I can fix this
Post the offending line [+ a bit extra], perhaps someone here speaks Parceltongue. [EDIT: Maybe a divide by zero]

EDIT: Unfortunately, the Parceltongue Translator is currently offline:- https://www.adweek.com/galleycat/par...released/34545

EDIT:
Quote:
I wanted to be a developer myself once, but I discovered that it's VERY hard.
If you write your own avs scripts, you are half way there already.
The first programming language is the hardest one to learn, after that it becomes quite easy really.

"Some infinities are bigger than other infinities", but how many of them are infinitely bigger ???

Last edited by StainlessS; 22nd October 2018 at 19:18.
Old 22nd October 2018, 19:46   #7  |  Link
gispos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forteen88 View Post
Sorry for the confusion, the base is the linked version. (AvsPmod v2.5.1-90-gfcd7a61 (Windows x86)
But that is also confusing, r452, 2.5.1 with and without bug fix and no release note in the code. Or I overread it.

Edit: @StainlessS, python declares NaN as 'not a number'

Last edited by gispos; 22nd October 2018 at 19:50.
Old 22nd October 2018, 23:14   #8  |  Link
StainlessS
HeartlessS Usurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gispos View Post
@StainlessS, python declares NaN as 'not a number'
Yep, and 'NaN' (Not a Number) is often result of divide by zero.

Old 23rd October 2018, 17:53   #9  |  Link
gispos

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessS View Post
Yep, and 'NaN' (Not a Number) is often result of divide by zero.
You're right, but I had already tested this and passed zero and float to the function, no error.

So an uninitialized variable or a variable that does not consist of numbers will probably be transferred.
Old 25th October 2018, 23:46   #10  |  Link
FranceBB
Broadcast Encoder

Since you are modifying AVSPmod, how about adding BT2020 / 2100 support?
That would be a real improvement.
FranceBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2018, 10:25   #11  |  Link
color

I have two suggestions, One is to fix the bug so the text error color could be changed for us who have problem with red and black. Also, I do got a logo and new symbols for the buttons in the program if you want to change. No need, I can post when I find them.

EDIT: Found them. I also made a few icons also.
Here Is some logos, I do like the donut alot, I tried to use the colors that was used original.
I got all files in better quality and larger in psd if you want to use. :P

old:

new:

Look at the donut.

Last edited by color; 27th October 2018 at 22:52.
color is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2018, 21:35   #12  |  Link
gispos

I love AvsPmod and I respect the developers, it took a lot of work and brain.
Since it has not been maintained for a long time, I had decided to adapt it to my needs.

But I do not want to rob the developers of their fruits of work and to make major changes to the program.
Changing icons is not an option for me. Sorry. I hope for understanding.

The question of BT 2020, 2100. Honestly, I know myself with color spaces, bit depth, etc. too little. I'm quite new to avisynth.
I also hope that through my action the AvsPmod developers may be get desire to maintain the program.
As you can see there is interest.

regards,
Gisbert
Old 27th October 2018, 09:31   #13  |  Link
color

Na, I get it. I just don't like the low resolution icon. That's why I made an update on it. But I agree to a bit off it. But I do think some things like changing it should be shown somehow by changing the look a bit so people know it's changed. =)

But if you can, please fix the color bug. =) I would love that. I have problem seeing red on black.

And yes. I hope it would be maintained as well. It's the best and only(?) For watching in real time. I wish there were one more option. =)

EDIT: The smileys didn't work when writing on my phone.

Last edited by color; 27th October 2018 at 22:59.
Old 27th October 2018, 21:25   #14  |  Link
gispos

Quote:
Originally Posted by color View Post
But if you can, please fix the color bug. �� I would love that. I have problem seeing red on black.
I honestly do not know where your problem is look for yourself.

Color for unknown function (Basic2)

Without changes

With change to yellow

Show me some pictures

regards
Old 27th October 2018, 22:56   #15  |  Link
color

Because its about the text in the "videobox" when there is an error. Otherwise it works perfect with the script with white background. Its just red on black background I have problem seeing. (well red on green is even worse, but thankfully its not the case)

Last edited by color; 27th October 2018 at 22:58.
Old 27th October 2018, 23:41   #16  |  Link
gispos

see post #2
thanks
Old 4th November 2018, 08:55   #17  |  Link
FranceBB
Broadcast Encoder

Could you add real high bit depth support instead of just stacked 16bit and interleaved 16bit?

For instance, I tried to use ColorBars 4:4:4 8bit and it shows yv24 correctly: Img
However, when I tried to convert it to 10bit, AVSPmod stopped showing "yv24" and it showed nothing instead. May I suggest adding the label "yuv44410p"? Img

Same applies to other sampling and bit-depths.

Thank you in advance,
Frank.
FranceBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2018, 23:38   #18  |  Link
gispos

update
Old 10th November 2018, 21:57   #19  |  Link
Dreamland

wrong password..
please, help me! thx

Last edited by Dreamland; 10th November 2018 at 22:33.
Dreamland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2018, 23:41   #20  |  Link
Groucho2004
►◄

Apart from the fact that the password is wrong - what's the point in password protecting a file and at the same time publicly posting the password?

Wait, I understand the logic now. Since the password is wrong, the file is protected. It all makes sense. Very clever.

Last edited by Groucho2004; 10th November 2018 at 23:45.
Groucho2004 is offline   Reply With Quote