Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 6th May 2009, 21:44   #1  |  Link
twazerty
AVCHDCoder developer

AVCHDCoder - Blu-ray, MKV, M2TS, etc to AVCHD encoder. From input to ISO. Easy to use

I had the idea to make my own tool for converting mkv to avchd. The reason was simple: I didn't really like other software. In my opinion they were not complete. At that time I used MediaCoder and there was always something I forgot. Also had to use other software to make it complete. It was not my vision how a converter should look like. So I've build one my own. Now you are interested what I've build with my 1,5-2 years of skills.

Like I said I made a converter. To be more specific a all in one converter. It is written in Java. I know it isn't the most obvious you can do but at the time it was the only thing I've learned.

Pictures say more than words so some screens:

For more screenshots: tools.twanwintjes.nl

Here is also a list of key features:
* Support for different kind of media: MKV, M2TS, MTS, TS, MP4, Blu-ray and most WMVHD files
* Maximum of 32 items on 1 disc. (Mixed content)
* Customize your intro video.
* Search for movie information on the internet and be able to use backgrounds and covers.
* Basic menu support.
* Up to 32 subtitles streams. SRT/ASS/PGS Blu-ray support.
* Up to 3 audio streams. AC3, DTS, DTS-ES, DTS-HD HR, DTS-HD MA, LPCM, WMA9, WMA10 Pro, AAC, FLAC, MP2, MP3, Vorbis/OGG support.
* Chapter support
* Wide range of output sizes: DVD5, DVD9, BD25, BD50, USB 4GB and custom output size.
* Integration of AVCHDCalculator to calculate the bitrate very accurate. So you are sure the discs are not oversized or to much undersized. (Unique calculator, first in the world)
* .iso or folder output.
* Video downscaling.
* Audio conversion.
* Normal and High Quality subtitle conversion.
* Borders will automatically be added to the video if necessary. Aspect ratio will be kept at all time.
* No need to configure the x264 video encoder. There are 3 build in profiles that can't be edited.
* Native 64 bit encoding.
* Decoder Tester to check if all required decoders are working properly.
* Save and open projects (jobs).

I am very proud at my AVCHD bitrate calculator. I made some unique formulas to calculate the bitrate. I knew there was more after reading on forums to use 8% as overhead. Totally not right. Somewhere between 4 and 12% based on the input.

Warning:
If you have installed codec packs like K-Lite , CCCP , Vista Codec Packs or similar UNINSTALL THEM IMEDIATELLY!

You can download the latest version here:
AVCHDCoder 11.08.03 Setup.exe (80MB)
AVCHDCoder 11.08.03 Setup.exe (80MB) (Videohelp)
Log: Changelog

I am currently not capable to create everything. I think I need your help to make this app even better.

Last edited by twazerty; 5th August 2011 at 22:15.
twazerty is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
avchd, mkv