Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Closed Thread

Old 31st July 2015, 10:41   #481  |  Link
Airmiles

Network Optix tsMuxeR. Version 2.6.9. www.networkoptix.com *** tsMuxeR.exe demux erro

*** tsMuxeR.exe demux error: child killed: segmentation violation
Wow, that was quick. How can anybody ever break forum rule 12 this way

Yes, the windows version is in German. I thought it was multilingual, but it turned out not to be. I will download an ISO in english and use my german windows key. that should solve that problem.

Anyway, with your fix, the program indeed started running, but unfortunately now it gives me the following error:

*** Welcome to BD3D2MK3D v0.69
() 1 % proc GetFreeDiscSpace {} {
> set tmp [file normalize [GetOutputFolder]]
> if {[string range $tmp 0 1] == "//"} {
> set src [string range $tmp 0 [string first "/" $tmp 2]]
> } else {
> set src [string range $tmp 0 2]
> }
> return [string map {"," "" "." "" "'" ""} [lindex [string trim [lindex [split [string trim [exec -- cmd /c dir [string map {/ \\} $src]]] \n] end]] 2]]
> }

*** Opening BD disc E:\...
*** Filtering 25 MPLS files...
*** 5 3D MPLS files loaded.
*** BD disc E:\ opened successfully. 5 3D playlists loaded.

Main job started Fri Jul 31 11:27:31 CEST 2015.

Saving file "01051.demux.meta"...
Saving file "chapters_2D_no_delay.txt"...
Saving file "chapters_2D_no_delay.qpfile"...
Saving file "chapters_3D_delay.txt"...
Saving file "chapters_3D.qpfile"...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*** Demuxing the streams...
Network Optix tsMuxeR. Version 2.6.9. www.networkoptix.com
*** tsMuxeR.exe demux error: child killed: segmentation violation
Command was:
> tsMuxeR.exe "01051.demux.meta" "C:/Users/ParallelsVM/Desktop/Legend of the Guardians; The Owls of Ga'Hoole 3D/01051"
(BD3D2MK3D) 2 %
Old 31st July 2015, 11:43   #482  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Oh, well, that's really strange. I did The Owls of Ga'Hoole without problem.
Are you sure that the copy on your HDD has been properly decrypted? Also, normally, you should use an ISO of the whole BD. Copying the files on HDD doesn't make sense for a 3DBD, because you'll have to copy the 3D video content twice (as M2TS and as SSIF files). Therefore, I suspect that there are missing or improperly decrypted files in your copy.
Try again with an ISO. (They can be mounted without special software in Win 8 or 10, but you need an ISO mounter program under Win 7 or XP.) You can also process the BD directly if it is decrypted on the fly with AnyDVD HD (not free).

And IMO forum rule 12 has not been violated.
Old 31st July 2015, 12:00   #483  |  Link
Airmiles

It was running from the fly off of an external blu ray burner/reader. I did not have anydvd installed, though, so i will get the trial version and see if it works that way.

Normally, i use commercial software for movie ripping on my mac, but 3d ripping is normally flawed, which is why i am resorting to BD3D2MK3D.

I will get back to you when i have tried anydvd and if that doesn't work an ISO I will make with pavtube on my mac.

Thanks sofar
Old 31st July 2015, 12:51   #484  |  Link
Airmiles

Oh happy day!

It seems to be running adequately now with anydvd running in the background. let's see whether it stays running like this until the end.

By the way, I installed an english version of windows 7, but i still got an error message, so I had to use the workaround you posted earlier. If you are interested I can give you the error message later once my first encode is done.

Thank you so much for the help sofar. I really got fed up with having to download poor quality rips from torrents, when I own the discs myself. If this really turns out to be churning out H-SBS MKVs I can play on my appleTV (I use subler to save it into an Apple TV accepted mp4 file) I will finally be in complete controll of my own movie library.
Old 31st July 2015, 13:12   #485  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

I suppose that the apostrophe in integers is caused by the locale you have selected to display numbers, currency and so on. It's not necessarily the primary language of Windows. For example, I use a Windows in English, but with the locale set to Belgium, and it uses the coma as the decimal separator. Anyway, apostrophes in numbers are really bizarre. Is it the normal way to display German numbers? Anyway, that bug will be fixed with the next release. I just don't want to release it immediately, because the last update has been released yesterday, so please be patient. In the meantime, yes I am interested in the error message. If it is different than the "'", I need to know it. Thanks in advance.

AnyDVD is probably the key, and you should have no problem any more. BD3D2MK3D and tsMuxeR accept only unprotected BDs, and therefore you have to rip it to ISO first, or decrypt it on the fly. And tsMuxeR should issue a warning instead of crashing. It is a pity that AnyDVD is not free, as it's a good solution.

If your TV can't play the MKV files, it should be possible to mux easily to MP4. That's not possible directly with BD3D2MK3D, but you can untick its option to mux to MKV and mux the resulting elementary streams yourself. Anyway, try the MKV first, and please let me know if it is accepted by your TV.

And thanks for the thanks!

[EDIT] Just added a dialog explaining that you may have to use a decrypted ISO or AnyDVD when that error occurs.

Last edited by r0lZ; 31st July 2015 at 13:26.
Old 31st July 2015, 13:20   #486  |  Link
Polar

r0lZ, reporting back from duty . I switched to software mode with the BD3D2MK3D menu "Settings -> MVC decoder -> Hardware acceleration -> Disabled". This did the trick, and no further error occured.

I have a ATI Radeon Dual installed in my Win7 machine. So what you are telling me is that if it is not Intel, hardware acceleration won't work, right? If that is the case, maybe worth while to put that in a comment somewhere?

One thing that is bugging me. When watching the 3D_FS_59.94fps version now I often see that the picture "shakes" every 2-3 seconds. Not alway, but very often. Could that have something to do with the fact that it is not full 60fps but only 59.94?
Old 31st July 2015, 13:44   #487  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Well, normally the Intel lib is smart enough to switch to sw mode when the right hardware is not present or the drivers not installed. The option to turn off the hardware acceleration is present only when for any reason the driver doesn't work or the library crashes in hw mode. But normally, it should not be necessary to disable the hw acceleration manually.

The chipset necessary for the hw acceleration is not related to your (additional) graphic card (ATI or nVidia). It is in the main CPU, and many PCs are sold with Intel CPUs. However, only certain recent models support the hw acceleration. I don't have a compatible CPU myself and therefore I don't know exactly how the Intel library uses the hardware, but I suppose that you have it, perhaps with a bad driver, as otherwise the lib should have switched automatically to sw mode. Try to update all Intel drivers you have in your PC, and perhaps the encoding will be faster, with full MVC decoding hw acceleration.

For the 60fps problem, have you tried to play the two ads posted by tal.aloni in his thread? If they have the same problem and Big Bug Bunny (at 60fps) works fine, then that will confirm that 59.94 is not the right frame rate.

You can also try to convert a movie at exactly 60fps. You should change the --fps argument in _ENCODE.cmd and the "default-duration" in the _MUX_3D_OPTIONS,txt file (where you should replace "0:24000/1001p" with "0:60p"). You will have to re-encode the movie. Let me know if that work fine. I have preferred to use 59.94 fps because that introduce less artefacts than 60, but it is easy to replace it with 60 if it's necessary.
Old 31st July 2015, 18:30   #488  |  Link
Airmiles

Thanks so much again. I got a working sbs file.

MKV doesn't play on apple-tv. I use subtler or flicks to turn it into an mp4 or m4v (which is basically the same) file.

You have helped me a lot. I will also have you know that i am running everything under parallels VM on my iMac, so your program seems to be fully parallels compatible.

I will look in every now and than for that update that would abolish the need for that workaround. In the meantime I am a happy camper.

Cheers!
Old 31st July 2015, 18:51   #489  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Thanks for the confirmation.

Just to be sure, is it possible to convert the MKV to MP4/M4V directly, without demuxing it first, with subtler or flicks?

It is good to know that BD3D2MK3D can run under a VM with Win7. Thanks for the info.

I will try to release the bugfix soon. Stay tuned...
Old 1st August 2015, 09:39   #490  |  Link
Airmiles

I don't think either iFlicks or subtler demux the video streams (I could be wrong though). I just use those programs on my mac to tag and add subtitles to movies I ripped with makeMKV and convert everything into an m4v/mp4 container file which appleTV knows how to handle. It doesn't take long (1.5 minutes approximately). Same for 3D SBS movies, so I presume no demuxing is taking place. If they are demuxing, the programs take care of it themselves. I don't see any changes in the final video quality of the MP4/M4V.

Where do you post updates?
Old 1st August 2015, 12:20   #491  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

If iFlicks or subtler are able to take a MKV as input and output a MP4, it needs to demux the MKV anyway, but it does that probably on the fly, without writing the elementary streams on disc. It's good to know if I have to explain how to use the MKV files produced by BD3D2MK3D with an AppleTV, without having to demux everything. Thanks.

The updates are announced in this thread. (You can also see the number of the latest version in the title of the thread.)
You can also use the BD3DMK3D menu "Help -> Check for update" to verify if an update is available.

The same link is always used for the latest version of BD3D2MK3D: BD3D2MK3D.7z. That link is present in the first post of this thread, and I repeat it in all posts announcing updates.

Only the (rare) beta versions are not available via the same link. If you want them, you have to visit this thread regularly.

I did a new little bug fix and I have implemented a workaround for problems in some (rare) subtitle files, and I will probably release v0.70 tomorrow...
Old 1st August 2015, 14:40   #492  |  Link
Airmiles

Thanks. i will check in every now and then.

Know that iFlicks is not a free app. You can also extract subtitles from the MKV using subtitle extractor, which is neither free. they can both be found in the mac app store. Subler is free however. By the way. An AppleTV doesn't handle 3D subtitles. It will convert them back to plain .srt subs. Just so you know if people ask.

I am hoping there will be 3D support by Apple once the now long awaited new AppleTV will arrive (supposedly this fall), but I fear that won't be the case. iTunes hasn't sold 3D movies sofar and 3D is already fizzling out with TV manufacturers. A shame, because it really adds value if done right and watched on a big screen. The fact that iMAX releases will be continuing in 3D makes me hopeful though, there will always remain a niche market for 3D lovers like me with a decent projector. As long as there are physical discs around that is....

Now back to my Monster House rip, which is running fine on BD3DMK3D

Thanks again.
Old 3rd August 2015, 11:45   #493  |  Link
Airmiles

Everything still going swell here. Jurassic Park 3D now running smoothly

Just checking in to let you know that under parallels you get an error if the external blu ray reader is open under both windows 7 and mac OS. You have to dedicate the player to windows and the error disappears. This means shutting the player down and turning it on again and then choose windows 7 when it starts up again.

Furthermore, I got an audio error on the HD DTS tracks on the Lion King 3D disc. Was able to circumvent that though, by excluding audio from the demuxing and encode and then ripping the audio separately and adding it to the SBS again with MakeMKV, iMKVextract and Subler.

If this is all too much information, let me know. i won't bother you anymore.

Cheers!
Old 3rd August 2015, 11:58   #494  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

No, it's interesting. I don't have a mac to text, so any info from a mac user is welcome.

I wonder why the DTS track of the Lion King triggers an error. Is it standard 5.1 DTS, or DTS HD, or Master Audio? Have you had that problem with other DTS tracks (from other 3DBDs)? From what I understand, it's the demux process that triggers the error, right? Or is it later, during the conversion to AC3 or AAC (if you have ticked that option in tab 2)? And have you ticked the option to extract only the 5.1 core in tab 2? I can't understand why the demux of the video tracks works fine but not the audio. It's strange. Anyway, that must be a VM issue, because nobody has reported similar errors under Windows.
Old 3rd August 2015, 12:24   #495  |  Link
Airmiles

I just got the same error again on the jurassic park disc. It says:

Job finished Mon Aug 03 13:21:24 CEST 2015

Done with errors!

* Can't convert 00800.track_4352.Eng.dtshdma to AC3. Using original file.
Can't downmix this channel configuration ($60f).
Internal error - unknown audio output format!
Old 3rd August 2015, 12:40   #496  |  Link
Airmiles

Both options are ticketed. Use 5.1 and convert to AC3 (Apple TV doesn't handle DTS, only AC3 stereo or 5.1 passthrough). I will try it once more and see when the error is displayed. But I have a suspicion it happens when I select more than one audio stream. I have not had any problems with Open Season, Monster House and other discs and they were all DTS HD Master Audio. But some discs I choose multiple languages (if French and Spanish are options), on discs without those languages, I just pick english. i will try now with just english.

Or, it might be that Lion King and Jurassic park have 7.1 audio and other discs don't???

Update: I just Checked. All discs that worked had 5.1, the two discs that haven't worked sofa are in 7.1

Last edited by Airmiles; 3rd August 2015 at 12:59.
Old 3rd August 2015, 13:23   #497  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

I see. It's strange, as BD3D2MK3D can handle the DTS HD and MA tracks without problem.
Note that the core is extracted from the track during the demux process if the convert to AC3 or AAC option is not enabled, but it is not extracted if it is ticked (to keep the best audio quality possible before the conversion). When it is not extracted, the extension is not simply .dts, but .dtshd or .dtshdma. Maybe there is something wrong under your VM that prevents tsMuxeR to recognise these extensions, but I don't understand why. It would be interesting to check if it works without the convert to AC3 option.

BTW, can you post the XXXXX.demux.meta file here the next time you encounter the problem?
Old 3rd August 2015, 13:37   #498  |  Link
Airmiles

Yeah, yeah, blame it on the old VM again

OK, its running now without the conversion box ticked. I will have to rip the master audio in english later, but that is not a big hassle.

Where can I find the meta file if I encounter the problem again?
Old 3rd August 2015, 13:39   #499  |  Link
sneaker_ger

When you google "Can't downmix this channel configuration ($60f)" it points to an eac3to error. So cutting out a sample and posting it in the eac3to thread or madshi's bug tracker would seem like a good idea.
Old 3rd August 2015, 13:58   #500  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

The demux.meta file is in the project dir. (It's one of the first file that is created, before the demux process.) But it seems that the error doesn't happen when demuxing the track, but when it is converted to AC3 with eac3to. So, yes, it might be an eac3to bug, as sneaker_ger suggests. A sample would be nice. If you have a Pixar movie with a short film with the audio in DTS HD MA format, perhaps you can try to convert it and if you have the same error, send the audio track to Madshi and/or me. You can also cut a part of a bigger .dtshdma file. Thanks in advance.

Anyway, I suppose there is something wrong with the VM or its config. Perhaps a codec is missing or doesn't work well. Under Windows, all DTS HD MA I have encountered so far in BD3Ds were easy to demux and convert. And I suppose that commercial BDs do not have fancy out-of-specs DTS streams.
Closed Thread