Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Old 16th December 2019, 15:21   #1  |  Link
frodawgg

Choppy video

Morning, all!

If this has already been discussed--which I'm sure it probably has--I apologize, and please direct me to the appropriate thread. I just didn't know how to word the subject.

So, I tried putting an SD rip of a DVD video onto a Blu-ray (not because I thought it would magically upgrade the quality to HD but as more of a supplemental feature to a BD I was making), and the video is pretty choppy. (Upon looking at the stream file on my PC, it's not quite as bad as on the disc.)

I'm by no means a techie or anything, so this is probably beyond my understanding. In layman's terms, what might this be and how can I remedy this? Is it a frame rate thing? Interlacing? Also, would this be due to conversion in the program itself (creating a BD disc vs. AVCHD disc?) or when actually burning (should I tweak settings in imgburn)?

Thank you soooo much!

J
frodawgg is offline   Reply With Quote