Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Closed Thread

Old 3rd August 2015, 19:31   #501  |  Link
Airmiles

Without the conversion box ticked, there was no problem. It kept a DTS track in 5.1. iFLICKS will turn this into AC3 anyway, so that is fine as well.

It only happens when converting 7.1 Master audio. 5.1 master audio gets converted fine. I will try to get you guys a sample. It should be in the directory of the finished rip right? Just as the meta file?

It might take a few days though. it is summer and my kids are pulling me to the communal pool everyday and when we get home they start complaining I am behind the computer all the time.
Old 3rd August 2015, 19:37   #502  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

It is theoretically preferable to convert the DTS HD MA track to AC3, because you start from a lossless track. But I'm not sure many peoples can really perceive the difference of quality.

Yes, all files necessary for the project are saved in the same directory.

I'm not in a hurry. Here also the sun is shining and I have to work in my garden...

Last edited by r0lZ; 3rd August 2015 at 19:39.
Old 4th August 2015, 08:32   #503  |  Link
Airmiles

Did Lion King agin to get the same error. The DTS file is almost 4GB. How do I get that to you guys? The demux data file is only 4kb.

OK, so here is the entire console content:

*** Welcome to BD3D2MK3D v0.69
() 1 % proc GetFreeDiscSpace {} {
> set tmp [file normalize [GetOutputFolder]]
> if {[string range $tmp 0 1] == "//"} {
> set src [string range $tmp 0 [string first "/" $tmp 2]]
> } else {
> set src [string range $tmp 0 2]
> }
> return [string map {"," "" "." "" "'" ""} [lindex [string trim [lindex [split [string trim [exec -- cmd /c dir [string map {/ \\} $src]]] \n] end]] 2]]
> }

*** Opening BD disc E:\...
*** Filtering 15 MPLS files...
*** 4 3D MPLS files loaded.
*** BD disc E:\ opened successfully. 4 3D playlists loaded.

Main job started Tue Aug 04 08:47:28 CEST 2015.

Saving file "00800.demux.meta"...
Saving file "chapters_2D_no_delay.txt"...
Saving file "chapters_2D_no_delay.qpfile"...
Saving file "chapters_3D_delay.txt"...
Saving file "chapters_3D.qpfile"...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*** Demuxing the streams...
Network Optix tsMuxeR. Version 2.6.9. www.networkoptix.com
Decoding H264 stream (track 1): Profile: High@4.1 Resolution: 1920:1080p Frame rate: 23.976
H.264 muxing fps is not set. Get fps from stream. Value: 23.976
Decoding H264 stream (track 2): H.264/MVC Views: 2 Profile: High@4.1 Resolution: 1920:1080p Frame rate: 23.976
MVC muxing fps is not set. Get fps from stream. Value: 23.976
Decoding DTS-HD stream (track 3): Bitrate: 1536Kbps core + MLP data.Sample Rate: 48KHz Channels: 7.1 (DTS Master Audio 24bit)
Processed 127816 video frames
Processed 127816 video frames
Flushing write buffer
Demux complete.
Demuxing time: 42 min 1 sec

*** Retrieving audio delays from playlist 00800.mpls...
All audio streams have no delay.

*** Checking if the ArcSoft DTS decoder is installed...
*** ArcSoft DTS Decoder doesn't seem to be installed

*** Converting "00800.track_4352.Eng.dtshdma" to AC3...
Command: eac3to.exe "00800.track_4352.Eng.dtshdma" "00800.track_4352.Eng.ac3 " -640 -down6 -libav -progressnumbers -log=eac3to_convert_to_AC3.log

eac3to process 3560 started.
DTS Master Audio, 7.1 channels, 24 bits, 48kHz
(core: DTS, 5.1 channels, 1509kbps, 48kHz)
dts, 48000, 7.1
The libav DTS decoder doesn't decode the full DTS-HD information.
Can't downmix this channel configuration ($60f).
Internal error - unknown audio output format!
*** eac3to ERROR: Can't downmix this channel configuration ($60f).

Can't convert 00800.track_4352.Eng.dtshdma to AC3. Using original file.

*** Generating the avisynth script...

*** Saving "_ENCODE_3D_MOVIE.avs"...
Saving file "_ENCODE_3D_MOVIE.avs"...
*** Generating the batch files...

*** Saving "_ENCODE.cmd"
x264 command:
"C:\BD3D2MK3D\toolset\avs2yuv.exe" ^
"_ENCODE_3D_MOVIE.avs" -frames 127816 -o - ^
| "C:\BD3D2MK3D\toolset\x264_x64.exe" ^
--crf 23 --preset medium ^
--frame-packing 3 --qpfile chapters_3D.qpfile --frames 127816 --fps 24000/1001 ^
--output "00800.264" --demuxer y4m --stdin y4m -

*** Saving "tags.xml"

> x264_x64.exe --version
x264 0.146.2538 121396c
(libswscale 3.1.101)
(libavformat 56.23.106)
(ffmpegsource 2.17.4.0)
built by Komisar on Mar 1 2015, gcc: 4.8.4 (multilib.generic.Komisar)
x264 configuration: --bit-depth=8 --chroma-format=all
libx264 configuration: --bit-depth=8 --chroma-format=all
x264 license: GPL version 2 or later
libswscale/libavformat/ffmpegsource license: GPL version 2 or later

*** Saving "_MUX_3D.cmd"

*** Saving "_MUX_3D_OPTIONS.txt"
*** Adding attachments...

*** Saving "_MUX_2D.cmd" and "_MUX_2D_OPTIONS.txt"

*** Saving "_POSTPROCESS.cmd"
*** Done. Avisynth script and batch files generated.

Job finished Tue Aug 04 09:29:39 CEST 2015

Done with errors!

* Can't convert 00800.track_4352.Eng.dtshdma to AC3. Using original file.

Launch "_ENCODE.cmd" to encode the video (and optionally mux to MKV).

Last edited by Airmiles; 4th August 2015 at 08:47.
Old 4th August 2015, 09:05   #504  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Really strange. I could understand that libav has trouble with the input file, but the error is related to the output: "unknown audio output format!" AC3 is unknown to libav? Obviously, there is a bug somewhere in the libav decoder.

If you cannot find a shorter file with the same problem, you can probably cut the Lion King dtshdma file, and send only the beginning. There are several methods to cut a file. The easiest one might be jsoto's CutFile. My email address is pgcedit at "you know the google email service name". (You can also find it in the Contact section of the PgcEdit home page. See my signature.)
Old 4th August 2015, 10:41   #505  |  Link
tebasuna51

Maybe the problem is related with this
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airmiles View Post
*** Converting "00800.track_4352.Eng.dtshdma" to AC3...
Command: eac3to.exe "00800.track_4352.Eng.dtshdma" "00800.track_4352.Eng.ac3 " -640 -down6 -libav -progressnumbers -log=eac3to_convert_to_AC3.log

eac3to process 3560 started.
DTS Master Audio, 7.1 channels, 24 bits, 48kHz
(core: DTS, 5.1 channels, 1509kbps, 48kHz)
dts, 48000, 7.1
The libav DTS decoder doesn't decode the full DTS-HD information.
*** eac3to ERROR: Can't downmix this channel configuration ($60f).

Can't convert 00800.track_4352.Eng.dtshdma to AC3. Using original file.
The libav decoder can't output 7.1, only the core 5.1.
The channel configuration $60f is the standard 5.1 (FL,FR,FC,LF,SL,SR) and can't be downmixed to 5.1, is already 5.1.

Starting with eac3to v3.29 the new dcadec (with support for DTS-HD) is included and is the recommended decoder for any DTS (only DTS Express require the ArcSoft decoder).

Never use the -libav parameter now, use always -dcadec for any DTS (except DTS Expres than need ArcSoft), with -down6 to downmix 7.1 to 5.1

Last edited by tebasuna51; 4th August 2015 at 13:07. Reason: remove info
Old 4th August 2015, 10:42   #506  |  Link
Airmiles

OK, so i just sent the files.
Old 4th August 2015, 11:22   #507  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

@Airmiles: Got your files, and as expected I have the same error here. I haven't noticed it because I have the ArcSoft DTS decoder installed, and it is used by default (unless I convert manually with the -libav parameter).

@tebasuna51: Thanks for the explanation. I did know that libav can only output the 5.1 core, but IMO it's not a reason to crash, even when the -down6 argument is specified. If the input is already in 5.1, the -down6 option should simply be ignored.

I didn't know DTS Expres, but I see on the DTS official site that it "has been widely used by major entertainment studios for Blu-ray disc™ secondary audio, BD Live, and other similar applications." It's a problem for BD3D2MK3D, because that means that it can encounter that format in 3DBDs, and I will need to process that streams differently. Can you confirm that DTS Expres can be used ONLY as secondary audio in BD discs? As far as I know, I have never encountered that format in a 3DBD, at least as primary audio.

I remember the info about dcadec in the eac3to thread, but IIRC it was still experimental, and I did not know that it is now the "official" decoder. I will include it in the next release of BD3D2MK3D.

Thanks!
Old 4th August 2015, 13:07   #508  |  Link
tebasuna51

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0lZ View Post
I did know that libav can only output the 5.1 core, but IMO it's not a reason to crash, even when the -down6 argument is specified. If the input is already in 5.1, the -down6 option should simply be ignored.
Yep, should simply be ignored, but I can reproduce the error with DTS-MA 7.1 -libav -down6.
With DTS 5.1 or 6.1 the -libav -down6 work without problems.
Seems a eac3to bug.
If you still want use -libav never add the innecesary -down6

Quote:
I remember the info about dcadec in the eac3to thread, but IIRC it was still experimental, and I did not know that it is now the "official" decoder. I will include it in the next release of BD3D2MK3D.
Now is eac3to default for DTS-HD 7.1 only, but is well tested (ffmpeg,
LSMASHSource.dll...) and I recommend to madshi use it for all DTS.

Quote:
Can you confirm that DTS Expres can be used ONLY as secondary audio in BD discs?
Yes, is only for secondary audio like Director's commentary and others.

Is detected by eac3to, MediaInfo and MkvMerge like 'DTS Express'

Like, for now, is only decoded by ArcSoft and can't be included in BD3D2MK3D package I sugest you to remux to mkv (if selected) without recode.

Also I recommend replace the old Aften encoder (libAften.dll included in eac3to) for the best free AC3 encoder ffmpeg.
You can use eac3to to only extract any DTS and after use ffmpeg:

1) DTS-HD support with -acodec libdcadec (the same dcadec included in eac3to)

2) Downmix automatic if required, for instance this command line is valid for DTS-HD 5.1, 6.1 or 7.1

ffmpeg -acodec libdcadec -i input.dts -acodec ac3 -center_mixlev 0.707 -surround_mixlev 0.707 -ab 640k output.ac3

Or you can fix the output channels with -ac channels
Old 4th August 2015, 13:32   #509  |  Link
Airmiles

So that's another thing for version 0,7 to correct
Old 4th August 2015, 14:16   #510  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

OK, I have removed the code that checks if the Arcsoft DTS decoder is installed and that forced the -libav argument when it's not the case. That prevented eac3to to use the dcadec for DTS HD MA. Now, the libav decoder is never forced any more (except when using the GUI of the Convert tool, if the user selects explicitly the libav option). I have also removed -down6 when -libav is specified. Eac3to should not crash any more.

But if I understand correctly, currently, eac3to will use dcadec only for DTS HD MA. And it will continue to use the libav decoder for all other DTS formats (or the Arcsoft decoder if it is installed). Right? Should I force eac3to to use dcadec for all DTS streams (except DTS Express)? Is it possible simply by adding -dcadec?

Currently, I don't know how to recognise DTS Express. I don't use eac3to any more to analyse the BD MPLS file, because it doesn't do a good job with 3D playlists, and I don't want to use it only to recognise the DTS Express tracks. I have written my own MPLS parser, but as far as I know, only the following codec values can be present. Or at least, they are the only values I have found in the available documentation:
Code:
	1   "MPEG1"
	2   "MPEG2"
	3   "MPEG1"
	4   "MPEG2"
	27  "AVC"
	32  "MVC"
	128 "LPCM"
	129 "AC3"
	130 "DTS"
	131 "TrueHD"
	132 "AC3+"
	133 "DTS-HD"
	134 "DTS-HD-Master"
	144 "PGS"
	145 "IGS"
	146 "TextSub"
	234 "VC1"
As you can see, only regular 5.1 DTS, DTS HD and HD-MA are referenced. Do you know the codec ID of DTS Express, or where I can find more doc on the MPLS format?

I don't use eac3to to extract the tracks either, because it cannot work properly with subtitle tracks in some BD3D (when the same subtitle is included in the M2TS of the base view AND in the M2TS of the dependent view, something relatively frequent). I use tsMuxeR 3D. And I don't want to modify everything just to support the ffmpeg encoding. So, currently, I continue to use LibAften. Do you think that the next version of eac3to will use automatically ffmpeg instead of Aften? That would be great! If it's not the case, I may change the code later...

Anyway, thanks for the useful info. You're the king for everything related to audio here at D9!

@Airmiles: Yes. An update should be available in a couple of days, but I have discovered another bug (not related to audio) and it is very difficult to fix...

BTW, the next version is not 0.7 but 0.70. It's already the 70th version of BD3D2MK3D! (The version number is not a floating point number.)

Last edited by r0lZ; 15th August 2015 at 11:45. Reason: typo
Old 4th August 2015, 15:01   #511  |  Link
tomilein

Question to Cut Movie manuell in .avs?

Hello i have tested you're Tool and this is very great.

Final Credits are very long or short from Movie to Movie.

Can i somehow cut the final credits from any Movie by edit the .avs file?

Or may be something built later in BD3D2MK3D?

Sorry for my bad Englisch.
Old 4th August 2015, 15:15   #512  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

I have no intention to add an option to cut the end credits, but you can do that easily.
First, use the preview (in the first tab) to determine the length of the part of the movie you want to keep. Convert it to seconds. For example, if you want to keep 1:35:30, the number of seconds to keep is 5730. Then convert that number to frames: Multiply the number of seconds by 23.976. With my example, that gives 137382.48. Rounds that number. Edit _ENCODE.cmd and replace the numbers of the two -frames arguments with the number of frames you have just computed.. (If you encode in 2-pass, you have to edit 4 -frames arguments.) x264 will compute only that number of frames, and that should not prevent MkvMerge to mux the MKV. However, note that the audio and subtitles are not truncated. Some players may still report the full original duration.

Another way to do it is to compute the whole movie normally, then use the MkvMerge cut function to cut the file after a certain time code. IMO, it's a better method because the audio and subtitles will be cut as well, but you will have to encode the whole movie. And you need to install MkvToolnix. Let me know if you need more info on this second method.
Old 4th August 2015, 16:11   #513  |  Link
tebasuna51

Quote:
But if I understand correctly, currently, eac3to will use dcadec only for DTS HD MA. And it will continue to use the libav decoder for all other DTS formats (or the Arcsoft decoder if it is installed). Right? Should I force eac3to to use dcadec for all DTS streams (except DTS Express)? Is it possible simply by adding -dcadec?
Now eac3to use dcadec for DTS-HD 7.1 only.
Yes I recommend use always -dcadec for all DTS streams (except DTS Express)

Quote:
I have written my own MPLS parser, but as far as I know, only the following codec values can be present.
...Do you know the codec ID of DTS Express, or where I can find mode doc on the MPLS format?
Seems than secondary streams don't have codes in MPLS.
Checked Snow White and the Huntsman (2012) and I don't see codes for secondary video and 2 secondary audios (one DTS Express and other AC3 2.0 eng)
Old 4th August 2015, 17:08   #514  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Do you mean that the secondary streams are not referenced at all in the MPLS? It's strange, as I have already seen many director comments or similar tracks in MPLS files. But perhaps they were not considered officially as secondary tracks in that BDs? Anyway, indeed there are often audio or subtitle (or even PIP video) tracks present in the M2TS (or SSIF) but not in the MPLS. They are what I have called "phantom tracks" in earlier versions of BD3D2MK3D. They have caused serious problems (notably because the phantom subtitle tracks do not have a 3D-Plane number and I can't therefore convert them to 3D correctly), and I have therefore decided to show only the referenced tracks in the GUI. It is not possible any more to select the phantom tracks for inclusion in the MKV. Problem solved: BD3D2MK3D has probably not to worry about DTS Express. At least if it is true that a secondary stream is always absent from the MPLS, and that all streams encoded in DTS Express are secondary tracks. If you can confirm that, please let me know. In the meantime, I will simply ignore DTS Express.

I will add -dcadec for all DTS streams. Without the DTS Express problem, it's easy. ;-)

Thanks again!

Last edited by r0lZ; 4th August 2015 at 17:12.
Old 4th August 2015, 17:57   #515  |  Link
thahandy

Quote:
Oh, well, that's really strange. I did The Owls of Ga'Hoole without problem.
Are you sure that the copy on your HDD has been properly decrypted? Also, normally, you should use an ISO of the whole BD. Copying the files on HDD doesn't make sense for a 3DBD, because you'll have to copy the 3D video content twice (as M2TS and as SSIF files). Therefore, I suspect that there are missing or improperly decrypted files in your copy.
Try again with an ISO. (They can be mounted without special software in Win 8 or 10, but you need an ISO mounter program under Win 7 or XP.) You can also process the BD directly if it is decrypted on the fly with AnyDVD HD (not free).

And IMO forum rule 12 has not been violated.
Is this the reason BD3D2MK3D is encoding the wrong file? I just extracted the ISO file

00200.mpls, 0:01:36, 2 chapters, 00302.ssif
00301.mpls, 0:06:13, 2 chapters, 00301.ssif
00800.mpls, 1:41:52, 17 chapters, 00300.ssif

But its actually getting 00300.m2ts file (first 7 min of the movie) instead the 00300.ssif file
Old 4th August 2015, 18:10   #516  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

According to what I can see, 00800.mpls contains the main movie, since its duration is 1:51:52. Is it what you have encoded? And 00300.ssif (in BDMV\STREAM\SSIF) must contain the whole movie in 3D (AVC and MVC streams interleaved together), or 00300.m2ts (in BDMV\STREAM) must contain also the whole movie, but only in 2D (AVC stream only). If it's not the case, either there are other SSIF files in the playlist and you have not copied their names here, or your MPLS is severly damaged.

I don't know if the simple fact of extracting the files from the ISO is sufficient to truncate the movie. That should not be the case. Either the structure is damaged and tsMuxeR may crash or refuse to work, or it is correct and it should work. But anyway, it is never a good ides to extract the SSIF files from a BD3D. As I wrote, that doesn't make sense.
Old 4th August 2015, 18:31   #517  |  Link
bigotti5
Spielberger

Codes for secondary audio are 0xA1 (161) for DD+ secondary audio and 0xA2 (162) for DTS Express, and yes - pure DD+ and DTS Express are allowed for secondary streams only in BD.
Afaik 3D playlists cannot contain PiP so you cant find secondary audio codes in 3D playlists. Secondary streams can exist in corresponding m2ts but they are referenced in (another) 2D playlists only.
Old 4th August 2015, 18:48   #518  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Thanks. Useful info!

So, only streams for PiP are considered secondary. A director comment track, for example (as long as it is not the audio of the PiP) cannot be considered as secondary stream. Can you confirm that I have correctly understood? If it's the case, indeed I don't have to worry about DTS Express. :-)
Old 4th August 2015, 19:21   #519  |  Link
tomilein

Hello and thanks for Answer

The Option with MkvMerge is probably better if Subtitle and Audio cut.

I try to read in the Topic with MkvMerge.

Thank you.

My englisch is bad, sorry for this
Old 4th August 2015, 19:52   #520  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

If you want to cut the video at a precise frame, you should add the frame number (followed by upper case i) in the "chapters_3D.qpfile" file before launching _ENCODE.cmd. Otherwise, you will only be able to cut at the next i-frame in the file, and the precision will only be something like 1 second or two. (By default, the chapters_3D.qpfile forces an i-frame at the beginning of each chapter, so if you want to cut at a chapter point, you don't need to edit it.)
Cutting with MkvMerge is easy. Look in the "global" options.
Closed Thread