Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Closed Thread

Old 12th January 2006, 10:51   #81  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

@bob0r: since I compiled the files myself.. I'm very aware of the compiler warnings, but after having wasted hours with the stupid CVS, I wasn't in the mood for more compilation fixing. And you should note that the standing of conditional compilation is currently less than favorable.. I suggest you strongly consider distributing the full release in the future.

I also have no problem running bob0r's build.. but mine crashes for some weird reason.
Old 12th January 2006, 10:56   #82  |  Link
Gehenna
Network XXIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob0r
Did you guys install http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...DisplayLang=en (or the 64 bit version) or did .net 2.0 install via Microsoft Update?
Yep,that was where i originally obtained my version 2.0 net install,via the dotnetfx.exe download

Quote:
And do you guys have this dir:
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727 ?
I also have this directory.

Last edited by Gehenna; 12th January 2006 at 11:04.
Old 12th January 2006, 11:11   #83  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

weird.. I have recompiled using the updated compile file and now everything works out just fine. I've re-uploaded the release.
Quote:
megui.exe: (megui-svn.exe would be a better output, now its the same as full)
I've changed the compile script accordingly.
Old 12th January 2006, 11:30   #84  |  Link
bob0r
Pain and suffering

@Doom9

Yah, i will pack any version, just what is available.
Then its just best to go for one full version (none svn features i am still not for, i guess like sharktooth's own x264 builds, he can create his own megui builds.)

But just do whatever you feel is best, i will pack megui as long as its most wanted
Old 12th January 2006, 15:06   #85  |  Link
Sharktooth
Mr. Sandman

Quote:
(Just posting what i did, not saying these warnings are a problem)

megui.exe:
compile full
Microsoft (R) Visual C# 2005 Compiler version 8.00.50727.42
for Microsoft (R) Windows (R) 2005 Framework version 2.0.50727
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation 2001-2005. All rights reserved.

megui-x264.exe:
compile x264

SettingsForm.cs(97,23): warning CS0169: The private field 'MeGUI.SettingsForm.xvidEncrawLabel' is never used
SettingsForm.cs(98,24): warning CS0169: The private field 'MeGUI.SettingsForm.selectXvidEncrawButton' is never used
SettingsForm.cs(99,25): warning CS0169: The private field 'MeGUI.SettingsForm.xvidEncrawPath' is never used
SettingsForm.cs(100,26): warning CS0169: The private field 'MeGUI.SettingsForm.xvidEncoder' is never used
SettingsForm.cs(101,23): warning CS0169: The private field 'MeGUI.SettingsForm.xvidEncoderLabel' is never used

megui-snow.exe:
compile snow

(compile all - works, same files, same ouput text)

megui.exe: (megui-svn.exe would be a better output, now its the same as full)
compile full-svn

megui-x264-svn.exe:
compile x264-svn

SettingsForm.cs(97,23): warning CS0169: The private field 'MeGUI.SettingsForm.xvidEncrawLabel' is never used
SettingsForm.cs(98,24): warning CS0169: The private field 'MeGUI.SettingsForm.selectXvidEncrawButton' is never used
SettingsForm.cs(99,25): warning CS0169: The private field 'MeGUI.SettingsForm.xvidEncrawPath' is never used
SettingsForm.cs(100,26): warning CS0169: The private field 'MeGUI.SettingsForm.xvidEncoder' is never used
SettingsForm.cs(101,23): warning CS0169: The private field 'MeGUI.SettingsForm.xvidEncoderLabel' is never used

- All files run and work for me.

What i can think of is what other users don't have, and what may help running the files "Microsoft (R) Visual C# 2005 Compiler version 8.00.50727.42".
Maybe some .dll or extra files are required when you do not have this installed? Just a wide guess.

Did you guys install http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...DisplayLang=en (or the 64 bit version) or did .net 2.0 install via Microsoft Update?
And do you guys have this dir: C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727 ?

Test my compiles also: http://files.x264.nl/megui/
All warnings fixed in 0.2.3.2013
Old 13th January 2006, 15:25   #86  |  Link
lexor

ok since the problem with my encode got narrowed down to user switching under WinXP, and I'm not the only user of this computer and user switching capability is important, I began thinking about how I did it in the past, and I'm pretty sure the older builds of megui (in sharktooth's package back with old .net framework) did work fine with user switching, I mean it would slow down to almost 0 but it would pick up when I switched back to my account.

so, yeah... what did you guys do?
Old 13th January 2006, 16:30   #87  |  Link
Sharktooth
Mr. Sandman

Bug in 0.2.3.2017 (maybe in earlier versions too):

Found in MeGUI-x264: Clicking Start in queue it says there are no "waiting" jobs (and consequently it doesn't proceed encoding) even if there are.

Last edited by Sharktooth; 13th January 2006 at 16:48.
Old 13th January 2006, 18:16   #88  |  Link
Razorholt
Cyberspace Citizen

Go to Settings and re-enter the links. That fixed it for me.

- Dan
Old 13th January 2006, 20:35   #89  |  Link
charleski

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexor
becouse after about 12 hours of first pass of HQ-Slow, it seems to have terminated with Status as "error"

my script is:

Code:
mpeg2source("pathtosource.d2v")
LeakKernelDeint(order=1)
crop(0,0,0,-8)
LanczosResize(1280,720)
fft3dGPU(sigma=1.2, plane=4, sharpen=0.3)
I've experienced similar problems with fft3dgpu, which is where the problems lies, I think. It's not entirely stable and can cause the entire thread to terminate unpredictably, even though it works fine with other inputs.
Old 13th January 2006, 21:13   #90  |  Link
lexor

Quote:
Originally Posted by charleski
I've experienced similar problems with fft3dgpu, which is where the problems lies, I think. It's not entirely stable and can cause the entire thread to terminate unpredictably, even though it works fine with other inputs.
nah, read my subsequent posts, it's a Switch User issue under WinXP, it's reproducible, and it doesn't just crash current encode it makes megui not work at all untill you reinstall.
Old 13th January 2006, 21:47   #91  |  Link
berrinam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharktooth
Bug in 0.2.3.2017 (maybe in earlier versions too):

Found in MeGUI-x264: Clicking Start in queue it says there are no "waiting" jobs (and consequently it doesn't proceed encoding) even if there are.
Added this to the list.
Old 13th January 2006, 22:02   #92  |  Link
berrinam

Added The Link's bug to the list.
Old 13th January 2006, 22:07   #93  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

Quote:
Added this to the list.
I saw that too.. the reason is the following: the encoder setup fails and the error isn't properly propagated back... startNextJobInQueue returns false both if there's nothing to do and if the encoder setup fails :/
Old 13th January 2006, 23:00   #94  |  Link
berrinam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doom9
I saw that too.. the reason is the following: the encoder setup fails and the error isn't properly propagated back... startNextJobInQueue returns false both if there's nothing to do and if the encoder setup fails :/
Yep. I was going to fix that, but it needs some more significant changes to manage it properly, so I'll just wait.
Old 13th January 2006, 23:02   #95  |  Link
AgentX

Unfortunatly, or as being a programmer I should say of course , I found some bugs which aren't yet solved in latest MeGUI version 0.2.3.2017, so I will report them here.

General:
  • Video Profile list in main window gets unordered.
    When you enter a profiles configuration, change the bitrate, hit [OK], then the list on the main window isn't alphabetically ordered anylonger.

AviSynth Script Editor:
  • Silent crash (no logfile nor dialog) when you open a .d2v video input (the preview opens correctly) and you hit [Analyse].
  • Wrong AVI-fps value on Spanish Windows system. Open an AVI as Video Input (the preview opens correctly) and then hit preview to launch mplayerc with generated .avs file. It fails to show the video.
    Explanation: The fps value is set with "," as decimal separator, like fps=23,97.
    This fails the DirectShowSource(...), it has to be fps=23.97
    I mentioned that I proved that on a spanish Windows system, maybe on other non-english ones like german that could happen also.
    You should make sure that the .NET string conversion uses an english locale, not the systems one.
  • Changing settings in Options does delete previously created lines by Load DLL.
  • Not possible to add own lines of code to AviSynth-Script. They are deleted each time you change some options.
Old 13th January 2006, 23:02   #96  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

I might attack it.. as it is with the video encoder rewrite and the impending adjustments in the muxer and audio sections, we'll get a nice bool return from the encoder and a meaningful error message as string that could be displayed.. it just has to be propagated all the way back and that's the part still missing.
Old 13th January 2006, 23:11   #97  |  Link
berrinam

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentX
Changing settings in Options does delete previously created lines by Load DLL.
Not possible to add own lines of code to AviSynth-Script. They are deleted each time you change some options.
Well, these both have obvious user-solutions: configure your settings FIRST, and then do the manual stuff. It's the same in GK.

I've added the other bugs to the list
Old 14th January 2006, 02:01   #98  |  Link
lexor

sorry to be a nag about it, but Sharktooth, could you please upload older (.net 1.0 or 1.1 whichever was used) version of you x264 package? I can only find latest on that link in your sticky thread. I mean it's unlikely you guys set down and decided to make it not work with user switching, so I got to wondering maybe its .net2.0 that's screwing it up? I'm confident I remember the older builds working with user switching.
Old 14th January 2006, 02:15   #99  |  Link
charleski

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexor
sorry to be a nag about it, but Sharktooth, could you please upload older (.net 1.0 or 1.1 whichever was used) version
Going back to .NET 1.1 would be a lot of work right now as .NET 2.0 has a lot more functionality, so that's not going to happen.

I doubt that the problem is related to .NET 2.0, anyway. I suspect you have a couple of different problems which are augmenting each other. BTW I assume you've reproduced this with the simplest script available (just an mpeg2source input).

When you say you have to reinstall, what does that mean? (Megui doesn't use any installation.) Does the same thing happen if you pause the encode before switching the User?
Old 14th January 2006, 03:19   #100  |  Link
lexor

Quote:
Originally Posted by charleski
Going back to .NET 1.1 would be a lot of work right now as .NET 2.0 has a lot more functionality, so that's not going to happen.

I doubt that the problem is related to .NET 2.0, anyway. I suspect you have a couple of different problems which are augmenting each other. BTW I assume you've reproduced this with the simplest script available (just an mpeg2source input).

When you say you have to reinstall, what does that mean? (Megui doesn't use any installation.) Does the same thing happen if you pause the encode before switching the User?
I'm not asking to rebuild the current source, I want to find old package of sharktooth's so I can test that. and by reinstall I mean reinstall sharktooth's package (current build)
Closed Thread