Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Decrypting

Closed Thread

Old 9th September 2006, 09:04   #161  |  Link
expanium

because microsoft patch....

undrm end.................ㅠ_ㅠ
Old 9th September 2006, 12:02   #162  |  Link
toon12

Quote:
Originally Posted by viodentia
Not necessarily.
If you get this error on a brand new license, then redownload test content from fairuse4wm.com (snicker) or ezdrm. Extract the keys.
If the key extraction fails, THEN you have the new update and please post the IBX version from the dialog box.
Can't extract the key on the demo.
How do I get the IBX version? From what dialog box?
Thanks in advance.
Old 9th September 2006, 12:25   #163  |  Link
strider01

I was just wondering, is there a way i can block my WMP from downloading microsoft security updates?
Old 9th September 2006, 13:13   #164  |  Link
mydoom.fs.exe

MyMirrors

Never the less that ppl are having problems with those updates, i still have my mirror.

Go Here, then click the Download page link,
You may think this is wierd, cuz it is, now click:
1) the windows logo
or
2) the blue loading bar

to download the zip file...

(srry for the ads and the slow downloads, but it are cheap domains , but it should work just fine )

---
for making this great program, finaly i can take my music with me!
Old 9th September 2006, 13:59   #165  |  Link
protectyoursources

The More media attention FairUse4Wm recives put more presuure on the Record Labels and Studios to justify why they have to place so many restrictions on Fair Use .Most of the restrictions are not about fighting piracy but protecting old business models.

Amazon's unbox rental service is constrained by the studio's pre-existing subscription deals with HBO, Showtime and Starz Encore. The reason why Unbox rentals expire 24 hours after you begin watching (although you do have 30 days to start your 24 hour viewing period), is that anything over a 24 hour rental is a violation of the pay cable subscription window output deals. This has been the underlying problem affecting previous online rental services such as Movielink and Cinemanow.Given that pay TV output deals are critical to movie industry economic health, not to mention that the majority of these pay TV output deals last until 2010-2012, it is unlikely that online download-to-rent terms of service will improve in the near-future.

Restrictions on use should drive a cheaper price to the consumer, not the same or higher pricing, especially because the studios' cost to produce and distribute is lower in an online world. In turn, the rules/pricing of online downloads-to-own/rent appears to be intended to ensure that they have no meaningful impact on the movie/television studios existing (and highly profitable and important) physical DVD business. While this will surely change in the future, the goal today appears to be to protect incumbent physical DVD distributors such as Wal-Mart.

Unbox Internet download-to-own allows you to playback the movie on two computers and two portable devices, but you cannot burn the DVD for playback on a standard DVD player. Consumers need to connect their computer to their TV.

What makes no sense is the inability to burn a DVD, as well as limiting to two PCs/devices, is that the studios are competing against increasingly easy to obtain, albeit illegal, ripped DVD versions that have no restrictions on PCs/devices that can be burned for playback on any DVD player.This clearly also is to protect the Walmarts of the world who are planing to offer movie burning booths within the next year .It is also related to piracy becuse the studios are still using CSS to protect FluxDVD
and they plan to use Macrovision on Burn to Rent content .Any regular reader here will know that these encryption\protection schemes can be easily circumvented with a tool like Ripit4Me .

DivX would be the better solution and DivX as a comapany has said its respects Fair Use and Copyright .The DivX codec is also cross platform .
Old 9th September 2006, 15:44   #166  |  Link
toon12

It started working, not sure why. I tried running it again, and it said it needed to recover the keys, did so, and works like a charm.
Old 9th September 2006, 17:04   #167  |  Link
Thalassicpark

Preface: ubernube, here (please forgive) but striving to learn.

I ran fairuse4wm 1.2 on a folder of legit music with mixed results. About a third were converted successfully but the remaining songs all get the same error message of "UNABLE TO DECRYPT: Size error...cannot be truncated..." yada yada yada. I truncated the files according to their size (down from "size on disk") in Properties and tried to strip that new file. Still get the same error msg. Next I tried the 1.2 fix but that hasn't helped. The problems occur even within one complete downloaded album, so it's not a matter of different downloadings for each song.

As I said above, I'm a lost little newbie at this and I'm about to give up on using the music that I OWN, dammit.

At least I got some of them back (and many thanks for that!)...

Thanks for any help provided

Last edited by Thalassicpark; 9th September 2006 at 17:12.
Old 10th September 2006, 00:49   #168  |  Link
mayang
Totally Newbies

Manually undrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thalassicpark
Preface: ubernube, here (please forgive) but striving to learn.
Try an alternative way.
Copy license information for the file you have problem with.
Make a folder name 'drm2', in this folder make a file name drm.key, paste kid and sid for the file you want to undrm, then use drm2wmv to decrypt the files.

Use the format below in drm.key:

<DRM2WMV2>
<KID>kid information here</KID>
<SID>sid information here</SID>
<INFO></INFO>
</DRM2WMV2>
Old 10th September 2006, 04:35   #169  |  Link
d1g1ta7

Anyone know how to delete all wma files that do not contain [NoDRM]- in them?
Old 10th September 2006, 10:55   #170  |  Link
daveskiz

Quote:
Originally Posted by d1g1ta7
Anyone know how to delete all wma files that do not contain [NoDRM]- in them?
Perhaps my answer is a little too obvious for it to be right but...

Sort them according to title, so all the ones that start [NoDRM] at the bottom, and then shift click or rubber band the rest and hit delete???

Sorry...
Old 10th September 2006, 11:05   #171  |  Link
buggs1a

how about please add into fairuse the ability to auto sort when extracting like when ripping cd's? it'd bhe nice not to just say in same dir, but in new dir and put the songs where they belong like in their respective artist and album folders etc.

you all do also know urge music quality sucks right? it's only 128k compared to yahoo 192k etc. plus i am not even sure if urge has as good a selection considering it's mtv which i think sucks. i haven't tried urge tho cus of the sound quality.
Old 10th September 2006, 13:20   #172  |  Link
josh2

Mmm.. Urge has 192kbps file.

So does Yahoo, and Napster (most, some stuff might still be in 128kbps, but all new stuff is 192kbpws).

Rhapsody has 160kbps.

AOL Musicnow has 128kbps.

And I can't remember what Virgin Digital uses.

And Urge's selection isn't that bad. It's not just whats on MTV... it's just about as good as most of the other subscription services.

Josh
Old 10th September 2006, 14:13   #173  |  Link
Erich99

ZIP-file unvalid

unfortunately, the ZIP-file offered under this link is invalid. Any idea where one can get a valid file?
Old 10th September 2006, 14:29   #174  |  Link
buggs1a

When doing a properties on music in urge it says they are 129kbps so that's where I got my info. I was inside windows vista RC1 and using media player. i installed the urge thing just to see it. did not sign up. doing properties on music it says 129kbps. if when downloaded they are better then 128k that's cool then.

virgin is only 128k. they say it's better then the rest because they do douple pass encoding. i know this is crud because i know yahoo does double pass encoding on their 192k. i know virgin was just trying to sell me. also their service is absolutely horrific because there is no browse feature like all the rest. unless they changed since i tried them. at that time it was recomend only, no browse.
Old 10th September 2006, 19:17   #175  |  Link
garyhasbigfeet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erich99
unfortunately, the ZIP-file offered under this link is invalid. Any idea where one can get a valid file?
Its still up at oth2.net. Here's a link again:

http://www.oth2.net/forums/showthread.php?t=32

If that doesn't point right it's oth2.net then go to Forums
then "Requests / Filesharing".

Anyone have trouble with Amazon downloads? I'm dl'ing now
and don't want to run into any problems
Old 10th September 2006, 20:37   #176  |  Link
dirtminer
Grouchy User

Enjoy this while it lasts, Vista has the fix

The Vista operating system permanently breaks the Fairuse4DRM and drmdbg functionality by protecting Microsoft's valuable intellectual property from wannabe vigilante programmers.

http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...cess_Vista.doc
Permanent link:
http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/system...ess_Vista.mspx

Quote:
The primary difference between a typical process and a protected process is the level of access that other processes in the system can obtain to protected processes. In versions of Microsoft Windows® earlier than Windows Vista, the process model allows a parent process to acquire a handle to and manipulate the state of any child process that it creates. Likewise, processes that users created with sufficient privileges can access and manipulate the state of all processes on the system. This behavior remains true for typical processes. However, the level of access to protected processes and threads within those processes is significantly more constrained.
Old 10th September 2006, 21:28   #177  |  Link
protectyoursources

And Who is crazy enough to install Vista .......
Old 11th September 2006, 00:40   #178  |  Link
lbalan79

Thank you for this great tool

This is a big step ahead in giving us something that we really own but can get because of this stupid corporation fight.

Anyway this message is just to ask if would it be possible to make a similar crossplatform tool that works with internet streams. I hate microsoft practices and I have linux on my system. However I can't see drm links that I am subscribed too. I guess this would also allow the view of drm protected streams in other players than wmp.
Old 11th September 2006, 12:50   #179  |  Link
mooiamacow

F:\Music\music\Discography\artist1\01.wma does not have a recognizable DRM header.

yes it does! windows media player told me it does,
same thing happens with another song i bought.
also tried ripping a cd into protected wma, but got the same error, that it does not have a recognizable drm header.

what am i doing wrong?
Old 12th September 2006, 13:51   #180  |  Link
philippas
∏→+∞

is there any way that u can unDRM files without being able to play them ?
Closed Thread