Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Usage

Old 28th July 2019, 05:14   #1  |  Link
StainlessS
HeartlessS Usurer

BAKAPROXY - Is this yours ?

Just curious, [been some time since you posted]
Is this your rendition, and if so, why, oh, why, aint us XP'ers
able to use/try it ? [EDIT: BAKA-Encoder]

https://vtt.to/baka%20encoder

Not on-line since about january I think [Oops. last year] , but I wanna an answer !
[looked quite good, until the OS requirements thing - I dont like to use s/w that does not run on all my machines]

RSVP, post haste

PM sent [hope that means e-mail sent, too].

EDIT: I nearly dowloaded it earlier today, until the OS requirements came to light, at which point I closed the page, then I again came across the 'Baka' type name, hence the query.

[EDIT: I dont use e-mail [very often, - I go for months (actually quite a few sometimes {years ago, I always used to get my hotmail acc closed between every visit, I used to visit and never have any e-mail at all
because I had not visted frequently enough, or at all, it really avoided junk mail quite effectively, but I did miss the odd em I might have wished to receive) without even a vist], but if someone
were to send a contact EM on my or his/her behalf, I would not at all be against it.]

EDIT: M$ Hotmail used to close your Acc due to Lack Of Use, and if no-one had 'claimed' your user name (with a differing password), then you could just carry on as normal (account re-opened), although
all e-mails between temp closure and re-newal were down the carsey.
EDIT: Carsey, below

EDIT: Tried the x64 version Baka Encoder on W7.
Simple interface, but needs more knobs to twiddle.

I'm kinda curious as to why default Preview and Normal presets seems to use -placebo [easiliy changed I guess]
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<!-- Baka Encoder configuration file reference can be found at http://vtt.to/baka%20encoder%20configuration%20reference -->
<baka_encoder logging="0">
	<presets>
		<preset name="preview" suffix="_preview" on="1">
			<hint quality="7" compression="14" speed="6" streaming="1"/>
			<audio format="aac" cmd="-br 60000"/>
			<video format="avc" bit_depth="8" passes_count="2" base_bitrate="0" max_bitrate="0" max_width="480" max_height="360" resizing_method="spline"
				cmd="--preset placebo --no-mbtree --ratetol 100.0 --keyint 60 --ref 3 --bitrate 500 --level 4.1 --vbv-bufsize 50000 --vbv-maxrate 62500"/>
			<muxing format="mp4" cmd="--optimize-pd"/>
		</preset>
		<preset name="normal" suffix="_normal" on="1">
			<hint quality="11" compression="9" speed="3" streaming="1"/>
			<audio format="aac" cmd="-q 0.6"/>
			<video format="avc" bit_depth="8" passes_count="2" base_bitrate="1500" max_bitrate="3500" max_width="1280" max_height="960" resizing_method="spline"
				cmd="--preset placebo --no-mbtree --ratetol 100.0 --keyint 60 --ref 4 --level 4.1 --vbv-bufsize 50000 --vbv-maxrate 62500"/>
			<muxing format="mp4" cmd="--optimize-pd"/>
		</preset>
		<preset name="normal h265" suffix="_normal.h265" on="1">
			<hint quality="12" compression="9" speed="1" streaming="0"/>
			<audio format="aac" cmd="-q 0.6"/>
			<video format="hevc" bit_depth="8" passes_count="2" base_bitrate="1200" max_bitrate="10000" max_width="1280" max_height="960" resizing_method="spline"
				cmd="--preset slow --bframes 4 --ref 4"/>
			<muxing format="mp4" cmd=""/>
		</preset>
		<preset name="deluxe" suffix="_deluxe" on="0">
			<hint quality="14" compression="5" speed="4" streaming="0"/>
			<audio format="aac" cmd="-q 1.0"/>
			<video format="avc" bit_depth="10" passes_count="1" base_bitrate="0" max_bitrate="0" max_width="0" max_height="0" resizing_method=""
				cmd="--crf 12 --preset placebo --no-mbtree --deblock 0:-1"/>
		</preset>
		<preset name="deluxe h265" suffix="_deluxe.h265" on="0">
			<hint quality="15" compression="7" speed="1" streaming="0"/>
			<video format="hevc" bit_depth="10" passes_count="1" base_bitrate="0" max_bitrate="0" max_width="0" max_height="0" resizing_method=""
				cmd="--crf 12 --preset slow"/>
		</preset>
		<preset name="express" suffix="_express" on="0">
			<hint quality="7" compression="7" speed="10" streaming="0"/>
			<audio format="aac" cmd="-q 0.5"/>
			<video format="avc" bit_depth="8" passes_count="1" base_bitrate="1500" max_bitrate="5000" max_width="0" max_height="0" resizing_method=""
				cmd="--preset fast --deblock 1:0 --bframes 4 --b-adapt 1 --rc-lookahead 36 --ref 3 --level 4.1 --vbv-bufsize 50000 --vbv-maxrate 62500"/>
		</preset>
		<preset name="lossless" suffix="_lossless" on="0" console="0">
			<hint quality="16" compression="3" speed="8" streaming="0"/>
			<video format="avc" bit_depth="8" passes_count="1" base_bitrate="0" max_bitrate="0" max_width="0" max_height="0" resizing_method="spline"
				cmd="--crf 0 --preset placebo --log-level none --quiet"/>
		</preset>
	</presets>
</baka_encoder>

EDIT: The only mention of Baka encoder on-site:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemaireus View Post
@Atak: I save on both HDDs and DVDs, but size is a significant issue for me given that I'm already using about 22TBs of HDD space (not counting the DVDs). And I guess the (low) bitrate factor becomes even more prominent with HEVC. Is a pause button feasible at all without creating too many programming difficulties? Baka encoder GUI offers the pause button so it appears to be a workable option, and it sounds like a feature that could come in handy for any number of reasons.

"Some infinities are bigger than other infinities", but how many of them are infinitely bigger ???

Last edited by StainlessS; 28th July 2019 at 21:03.
StainlessS is offline   Reply With Quote