Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Development
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 19th July 2021, 13:32   #1221  |  Link
DTL

As users tried to use output of ColorBars() for resamplers testing ( https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.p...58#post1947958 ) it is recommended to add 'mode' parameter to ColorBars() internal function with at least 3 values:
1. 'pixel-art' (as today ColorBar() ouput)
2. 'film-look' ( I think it is default for real prof color bar generator)
3. 'video-look'

Possible processing is suggested in https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.p...74#post1947974 .

And may be at least put a note to Avisynth wiki about non-compatibility of current ColorBar() output for testing of 'film/video' motion pictures data processing software for quality and results of levels transition processing.

Linked wiki .pdf https://www.arib.or.jp/english/html/...B28v1_0-E1.pdf also notes about correct levels transitions preparation:

Annex A5: A.5 Transient
Ringing may occur when the stripe level of this color bar is suddenly changed, then this may possibly
cause operational inconvenience. Therefore, it is necessary to carry out design while limiting
bandwidths for leading edge and falling edge.
The number of samples to be used for the transient shall be 6 to 9, in the case of 1920
horizontal samples, although it may depend upon the scale of hardware, process performance
and the so-called “make up”.

Also the older ITU recs describes some valid forms of levels transition in details:
https://www.itu.int/dms_pubrec/itu-r...0-W!!PDF-E.pdf
Rec. ITU-R BT.801-1 (for SDTV)
Test signals for digitally encoded colour television signals conforming
with Recommendations ITU-R BT.601
and ITU-R BT.656
These digital waveforms are made up of pulses in uniform ranges, ramps between two uniform
ranges, and transitions between two uniform ranges, shaped by a filter whose impulse response R(t)
is defined as a function of time t as follows:
– for –3T < t < 3T, R(t) = 0.42 + 0.50 cos(π t/ 3T) + 0.08 cos(2π t/ 3T)
– otherwise R(t) = 0
(R(t): Blackman window).
The value of T is 74 ns for digital waveforms A1, A2, A3 and A4

And Rec. ITU-R BT.1729 https://www.itu.int/dms_pubrec/itu-r...4-I!!PDF-E.pdf (for HDTV)
Rise and fall times of bar transitions
The 10% to 90% rise time and 90% to 10% fall time of the colour bars should be identical to each
other and should be consistent with the frequency response specifications in Recommendations
ITU-R BT.601, ITU-R BT.1358, ITU-R BT.1847, ITU-R BT.1543 or ITU-R BT.709, as
appropriate to the format2. The shape of the leading and trailing edges should be similar to a raised
cosine function.

Last edited by DTL; 19th July 2021 at 19:36.
DTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2021, 17:20   #1222  |  Link
Dogway

Just wanted to report that for some time I have been having issues with variables that start with the same letter:

Code:
        mode == "edgeW"  ? "                                              y[0,0] I@ y[0,1]  B@ - abs I y[0,-1] G@ - abs max BB^ "                                    \
                          +"I y[1,1] C@ - abs I y[-1,-1] F@ - abs max CC^        I  y[-1,0] D@ - abs I y[1,0]  E@ - abs max DD^ "                                    \
                          +"I y[-1,1] A@ - abs I y[1,-1] H@ - abs max BB min CC min DD min "                                                                         \
                          +"DI@ DD == x D E dup1 dup1 min I min swap2 max I max clip DI BB == x B G dup1 dup1 min I min swap2 max I max clip "                       \
                          +"DI  CC == x C F dup1 dup1 min I min swap2 max I max clip          x A H dup1 dup1 min I min swap2 max I max clip ? ? ?"                : \
If I change the DI variable to S, everything is fine again.
Old 23rd July 2021, 00:43   #1223  |  Link
wonkey_monkey
Formerly davidh*****

Another little note, not on Expr per se but on Format and String, which are useful in preparing Expr expressions. They only expand floats to six decimal digits after the point, which could cause some unnecessary inaccuracy. I think you need around 9 or 10 significant digits to guarantee hitting the true closest floating point number. Could consideration be given to a higher-precision flag or variations of those functions?

Or even allow %a format: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/...-in-c/10128764

Last edited by wonkey_monkey; 23rd July 2021 at 00:50.
wonkey_monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2021, 13:01   #1224  |  Link
cretindesalpes
͡҉҉ ̵̡̢̛̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠͇̊̋̌̍̎̏̿̿

I’m just installing AVS+ for the first time and suddenly I feel like a total newbie… So I have a question I cannot find the answer on the official website nor on the wiki:

What are the host applications compatible with 64-bit AVS+ ? For:
– Editing and previewing
– Piping
– Encoding

Also, maybe the installer should be a bit more clear that you can also keep intact your existing 32-bit AviSynth 2.5 just by unchecking the 32-bit dll. I needed to keep my 32-bit AVS 2.6 because I found incompatibilities with my existing plug-in set and the 32-bit AVS+.

Last edited by cretindesalpes; 24th July 2021 at 14:37.
cretindesalpes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2021, 13:30   #1225  |  Link
Sharc

Quote:
Originally Posted by cretindesalpes View Post
Also, maybe the installer should be a bit more clear that you can also keep intact your existing 32-bit AviSynth 2.5 just by unchecking the 32-bit dll. I needed to keep my 32-bit AVS 2.6 because I found incompatibilities with my existing plug-in set and the 32-bit AVS+.
You may find Groucho's Universal Avisynth Installer useful for easy switching between versions:
https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=172124
Sharc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2021, 13:35   #1226  |  Link
Boulder
Pig on the wing

Quote:
– Editing and previewing
– Piping
– Encoding
Editing and previewing : VirtualDub2 (https://sourceforge.net/p/vdfiltermod/wiki/Home/)
Piping : Avs2yuv64 (https://github.com/MasterNobody/avs2yuv/releases)
Encoding : f.ex. x264, x265 64-bit builds
Old 23rd July 2021, 14:25   #1227  |  Link
real.finder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boulder View Post
Editing and previewing : VirtualDub2 (https://sourceforge.net/p/vdfiltermod/wiki/Home/)
and/or AvsPmod https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=175823

Quote:
maybe the installer should be a bit more clear that you can also keep intact your existing 32-bit AviSynth 2.5 just by unchecking the 32-bit dll. I needed to keep my 32-bit AVS 2.6 because I found incompatibilities with my existing plug-in set and the 32-bit AVS+.
the installer can keep the old 32 avs if you uncheck the avs+ 32, I always did this, my 32 avs always avs 2.6 MT by SEt, but I often use 64 so it's last avs+
Old 23rd July 2021, 14:57   #1228  |  Link
kedautinh12

Megui
https://sourceforge.net/projects/megui/
kedautinh12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2021, 15:42   #1229  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

StaxRip (github / VideoHelp)

New German Gleitz board
MediaFire: x264 | x265 | VPx | AOM | Xvid
LigH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2021, 16:00   #1230  |  Link
Dogway

Use avpsmod by gispos. Works fine with latest AVS+ 3.7.1.
For encoding I use avs2pipemod64 as always and x264_r2935_x64(Ligh).
To debug I find avsmeter and AVSInfoTool great tools too. I also had issues on the past and this tells you what is set on the register.
Old 23rd July 2021, 16:14   #1231  |  Link
cretindesalpes
͡҉҉ ̵̡̢̛̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠͇̊̋̌̍̎̏̿̿

Thank you all very much for your replies!
Old 23rd July 2021, 16:31   #1232  |  Link
FranceBB
Broadcast Encoder

Wow! @Cretindesalpes, you're back!
It's nice to see the creator of Dither Tools getting Avisynth+ for the very first time.
You won't ever feel the need to go back to the normal Avisynth, I can tell you that, you'll love AVS+
FranceBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2021, 16:56   #1233  |  Link
kedautinh12

Quote:
Originally Posted by FranceBB View Post
Wow! @Cretindesalpes, you're back!
It's nice to see the creator of Dither Tools getting Avisynth+ for the very first time.
You won't ever feel the need to go back to the normal Avisynth, I can tell you that, you'll love AVS+
And he will port fmtconv to avs
https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.p...78#post1948178
kedautinh12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2021, 17:11   #1234  |  Link
FranceBB
Broadcast Encoder

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedautinh12 View Post
Nice!
FranceBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2021, 20:42   #1235  |  Link
qyot27
...?

Quote:
I’m just installing AVS+ for the first time and suddenly I feel like a total neebie… So I have a question I cannot find the answer on the official website nor on the wiki:

– Editing and previewing
– Piping
– Encoding

FFmpeg and mpv as well, so long as FFmpeg was configured with --enable-avisynth (which itself checks for the presence of AviSynth+'s headers in the system includes).

On all the other OSes* and CPU arches** AviSynth+ can now be used on natively, FFmpeg (and thus anything built against it, like mpv or VLC or kdenlive) and DJATOM's fork of avs2yuv are the direct points of contact.

*Linux, macOS, and BSD (since 3.5.0), Haiku (3.7.0)
**ARM (3.6.0), PowerPC (3.7.0), RISC-V and SPARC (git)
qyot27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2021, 20:50   #1236  |  Link
StainlessS
HeartlessS Usurer

Quote:
– Editing and previewing
Gispos did lots of work on AvsPMod:- https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=175823
And the old dead VirtualDub is reborn, VirtualDub2:- https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=172021
[VD2 not seem an update since about beginnning of pandemic, but its great and has AVS script editor, similar to old VDubMod].

"Some infinities are bigger than other infinities", but how many of them are infinitely bigger ???
StainlessS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2021, 23:11   #1237  |  Link
GAP

Can you have AVISynth and AVISynth + on the same computer? It seems like you can only have one or other but some programs such as AVSMod can only use AVISynth vanilla.
GAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2021, 23:19   #1238  |  Link
real.finder

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAP View Post
Can you have AVISynth and AVISynth + on the same computer? It seems like you can only have one or other but some programs such as AVSMod can only use AVISynth vanilla.
you mean avspmod? it work with avs+, seems you use outdated one

anyway, you can have AVISynth and AVISynth+ on the same computer by temporarily switch the dll of AVISynth or AVISynth+ with MPP, avspmod can do it too, and some programs/tools can use the AVISynth.dll that in same folder with it
Old 25th July 2021, 01:27   #1239  |  Link
GAP

So when I install AVISynth + and it asks me to override AVISynth files, I just select that option?
GAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2021, 08:05   #1240  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

Yes, the core DLL(s) need to be in the system folder to be registered systemwide, and additional files get in their carefully planned locations. Switching is easy, using the Universal Avisynth Installer by Groucho2004. But when you intend to just be and stay up-to-date, just run the official installer once and agree.

New German Gleitz board
MediaFire: x264 | x265 | VPx | AOM | Xvid

Last edited by LigH; 25th July 2021 at 08:08.
LigH is offline   Reply With Quote