Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players

Closed Thread

Old 7th August 2006, 08:02   #61  |  Link
acantoni

Just wanted to say thanks !
This player is awesome and lightweight!
Old 8th August 2006, 20:41   #62  |  Link
avih
Capture, Deinterlace

Is it only me or is the latest version forgetting the setting every time it's closed, regardless of trying to save the options? specifically i'm interested in the interface language which doesn't default to english. didn't check if the rest of the options remain.
Old 8th August 2006, 21:17   #63  |  Link
LoRd_MuldeR
Software Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by avih
Is it only me or is the latest version forgetting the setting every time it's closed, regardless of trying to save the options? specifically i'm interested in the interface language which doesn't default to english. didn't check if the rest of the options remain.
Go to the "options" window, set up everything and click the "save" button
If you select the language just from the menu, it won't be saved...

Last edited by LoRd_MuldeR; 8th August 2006 at 21:20.
Old 8th August 2006, 22:42   #64  |  Link
avih
Capture, Deinterlace

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoRd_MuldeR
Go to the "options" window, set up everything and click the "save" button
If you select the language just from the menu, it won't be saved...
tried it before i posted and didn't work for me. i change to english. then options, save, and as soon as i click it, it changes back to the other language. the ini file that was created has the line "locale=auto". if i replace it manually from auto to en then it works fine. if i then try to change to different language, it revers to english (the ui itself) as soon as i click "save". the ini file stays with "locale=en" though. this wasn't a problem with 1.1 iirc.
Old 9th August 2006, 00:14   #65  |  Link
LoRd_MuldeR
Software Developer

Quote:
tried it before i posted and didn't work for me. i change to english. then options, save, and as soon as i click it, it changes back to the other language. the ini file that was created has the line "locale=auto". if i replace it manually from auto to en then it works fine. if i then try to change to different language, it revers to english (the ui itself) as soon as i click "save". the ini file stays with "locale=en" though. this wasn't a problem with 1.1 iirc.
Never had that problem.
But maybe you report it to http://mpui.sf.net/
Old 9th August 2006, 01:07   #66  |  Link
avih
Capture, Deinterlace

here's your bug report. cheers
Old 9th August 2006, 17:50   #67  |  Link
avih
Capture, Deinterlace

@LoRd_MuldeR:
can u compile MPUI with a freely available compiler?
Old 9th August 2006, 18:26   #68  |  Link
celtic_druid

Maybe Free Pascal? or http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=110900
Old 9th August 2006, 18:52   #69  |  Link
avih
Capture, Deinterlace

@celtic_druid: thx, however I've no prior experience with Delphi, and honestly, don't want to start messing with different versions, patches, modules and translations. If LoRd_MuldeR knows of a free compiler setup that can compile it, I'd love to hear. No offence druid
Old 9th August 2006, 20:15   #70  |  Link
LoRd_MuldeR
Software Developer

Quote:
@celtic_druid: thx, however I've no prior experience with Delphi, and honestly, don't want to start messing with different versions, patches, modules and translations. If LoRd_MuldeR knows of a free compiler setup that can compile it, I'd love to hear. No offence druid
Well, I own Delphi 7 Professional version. That cost me 300€.
But I know there are "personal" editions of Delphi available for free.
Problem with PE is, that your are not allowed to make binaries public!

There is also Lazarus, but I don't know if it will compile MPUI.
Lazarus is missing some libraries that are in Delphi.
And you also need the Unicode Controls to compile MPUI, no idea if they work in Lazarus.

Have a look here:
http://www.borland.com/downloads/download_delphi.html
But I have no experience with "new" Delphi versions.
They are for .NET and stuff. Nothing I'm in at the moment.

Last edited by LoRd_MuldeR; 9th August 2006 at 20:23.
Old 9th August 2006, 21:55   #71  |  Link
avih
Capture, Deinterlace

thx for the info.
Old 15th August 2006, 23:29   #72  |  Link
LoRd_MuldeR
Software Developer

*UPDATE*

For more information click here.
Old 19th August 2006, 20:44   #73  |  Link
dumbuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by celtic_druid
Anyone tried my win32 gmplayer build?
Ya! Have been playing with it for the past few days. It's neat! But searching in an MP4 either ASP or AVC is a problem, but ASP or AVC in an Matroska is not. Another thing I noticed last night was not all the documented skin commands are supported, like evPlayVCD, evSetURL, evDropSubtitle, etc and I still haven't figured out away to play an audio CD. The player randomly crashes and haven't been able to pinpoint a sequence of events, but using the search forward button three times in a row the player will close. Often I find lipsync to be a problem (not the files), resetting sync to nearest 0 value resolves the issue, but checking sync in preferences does not.

Over all it's a nice refreshing change that can be dumped to a CD/DVD and auto set to play on open with a configured set up. Still haven't figured out how to get the GUI to auto open from a AUTORUN, but I'm reasonably sure it's me. The same commands on a Hard Drive auto opens everything, instead I just get a video window (no GUI) from CD/DVD. It does open and play.

Hope some of this is helpful feed back as it is nice to see work progress in this area for Windows.

BTW The above was noticed using a P4 2.8G and Radeon combination on Windows XP SP2. The system is stable and other media players including VLC are stable. For dshow players I tend toward purposed codecs rather than FFdshow or Codec packs.

Thanks for a neat player, hope to be seeing more of it as work progresses.
Old 20th August 2006, 22:11   #74  |  Link
dumbuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumbuser
Ya! Have been playing with it for the past few days. It's neat! But searching in an MP4 either ASP or AVC is a problem, but ASP or AVC in an Matroska is not. Another thing I noticed last night was not all the documented skin commands are supported, like evPlayVCD, evSetURL, evDropSubtitle, etc and I still haven't figured out away to play an audio CD. The player randomly crashes and haven't been able to pinpoint a sequence of events, but using the search forward button three times in a row the player will close. Often I find lipsync to be a problem (not the files), resetting sync to nearest 0 value resolves the issue, but checking sync in preferences does not.

Over all it's a nice refreshing change that can be dumped to a CD/DVD and auto set to play on open with a configured set up. Still haven't figured out how to get the GUI to auto open from a AUTORUN, but I'm reasonably sure it's me. The same commands on a Hard Drive auto opens everything, instead I just get a video window (no GUI) from CD/DVD. It does open and play.

Hope some of this is helpful feed back as it is nice to see work progress in this area for Windows.

BTW The above was noticed using a P4 2.8G and Radeon combination on Windows XP SP2. The system is stable and other media players including VLC are stable. For dshow players I tend toward purposed codecs rather than FFdshow or Codec packs.

Thanks for a neat player, hope to be seeing more of it as work progresses.
When you use the player for a while it will no longer do sync. It seems that the delay is stored in the config file and picked up again each time you stop and start a file. Makes no difference if the sync option is on or off. You must manually resync the file. This is real anoying.
Old 20th August 2006, 22:52   #75  |  Link
Thomas_AR

@LoRd_MuldeR:
First great Job. Switched yesterday from MPC/FFDshow to Mplayer/MPUI.

Just one question. Is there a special reason that your Setup provides each single codec, and not a all in one solution (mplayer.exe has all codecs inside) like the package you can download on MPUI homepage?
Old 20th August 2006, 22:57   #76  |  Link
LoRd_MuldeR
Software Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumbuser
When you use the player for a while it will no longer do sync. It seems that the delay is stored in the config file and picked up again each time you stop and start a file. Makes no difference if the sync option is on or off. You must manually resync the file. This is real anoying.
MPlayer plays absolutely sync here with 99% of the files I tested.
Only files that don't play in sync here are some HD h.264 trailers, and that's because lavc's h.264 decoder is too slow for my CPU.
There is a "drop frames" option for better sync, but MPUI uses that automatically.
So if your files don't play in sync, I think this is either because your CPU is too slow for those files or those files are corrupted in some way.
I highly doubt MPlayer will do anything like saving the delay in the config files...

Last edited by LoRd_MuldeR; 20th August 2006 at 23:03.
Old 20th August 2006, 23:11   #77  |  Link
LoRd_MuldeR
Software Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas_AR
@LoRd_MuldeR:
First great Job. Switched yesterday from MPC/FFDshow to Mplayer/MPUI.

Just one question. Is there a special reason that your Setup provides each single codec, and not a all in one solution (mplayer.exe has all codecs inside) like the package you can download on MPUI homepage?
MPlayer has most codecs built-in. But there are still some proprietary formats for which there's no (working) OpenSource decoder available. So if there's no OpenSource decoder available for those formats, they cannot incude it in MPlayer.exe. All they can do is use the binaries (DLLs) provided by the manufacturer for decoding. Those files are located in the "codecs" directory and MPlayer loads them when needed. Of course MPlayer works 100% fine without those Codecs, but some files won't play then (like nasty WMV9 and stuff). The package from MPUI homepage does not include any additional Codecs, but I inlcuded the latest "full codec package" form MPlayerHQ.

More info is here:
http://www.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/codecs-status.html

Last edited by LoRd_MuldeR; 20th August 2006 at 23:23.
Old 20th August 2006, 23:33   #78  |  Link
Thomas_AR

Thanks a lot for the Explanations. If i remember right (have the all include version running), your mplayer exe has only about 400 KB, so you include _no_ codec in it not even the basic ones, all in a separate folder.

.....und Gruesse von Buenos Aires in meine alte Heimat Frankfurt

Last edited by Thomas_AR; 20th August 2006 at 23:36.
Old 22nd August 2006, 04:19   #79  |  Link
dumbuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by celtic_druid
Anyone tried my win32 gmplayer build?
If you want to get a kick, open the player and without loading anything, press the Next button.

I did figure out how to auto open the interface from a CD. Make a playlist and point to it.

I now have a few more skins that are modified and work correctly with this build.

I also keep forgetting to mention that the cursor does not disappear in full screen.

Last edited by dumbuser; 22nd August 2006 at 07:12.
Old 22nd August 2006, 04:40   #80  |  Link
dumbuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoRd_MuldeR
MPlayer plays absolutely sync here with 99% of the files I tested.
Only files that don't play in sync here are some HD h.264 trailers, and that's because lavc's h.264 decoder is too slow for my CPU.
There is a "drop frames" option for better sync, but MPUI uses that automatically.
So if your files don't play in sync, I think this is either because your CPU is too slow for those files or those files are corrupted in some way.
I highly doubt MPlayer will do anything like saving the delay in the config files...
I was referring to Celtic Druid's build of GMPlayer (as he had asked for feedback) not MPUI. No problems encountered with MPUI Yet!

Also, I did quote machine specs, but just for the record I can do 720p without problems in h.264 and WMV3. I find MPEG TS or PS will do 1080p for some files. But the tests are over and find these formats usless on a computer unless you have a 65" monitor and the 5K or so to drop for it. My machine is stable and sync or jitter is confined to the program or codecs I'm using. Have been the ReClock route and found it to be quite useless on this machine.
Closed Thread

Tags
mplayer, mpui, smplayer, windows