Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 18th December 2017, 00:06   #1  |  Link
jdobbs

TSM2UHD Discussion and Bug Reporting

This thread has been created for discussing TSM2UHD, a program to convert TSMUXER BD formatted structures for use on standalone UHD BD players.

What is TSM2UHD?

TSM2UHD stands for "TSMUXER to UHD".

TSMUXER v2.6.12 has the ability to multiplex HEVC streams into a Blu-Ray disc structure. One might assume, then, that if that structure was created from a 2160p (UHD) HEVC file that is compliant with Ultra HD Blu-Ray (UHD-BD) -- it would playback on a UHD player. Unfortunately, however, that isn't the case. When TSMUXER v2.6.12 was created there was still much that hadn't been decided in the UHD-BD standard.

The purpose of this software is to examine the output of TSMUXER v 2.6.12 and make changes that are required in order to make that structure readable and compatible with a standard UHD-BD standalone player.

Latest Version: v1.12 (Feb 25, 2018)
Click this link to download the latest version in a zip file.

How to use the software:

1. Read the software license text in LICENSE.TXT.

2. Create a set of streams (video/audio/subtitles) that is compatible with UHD-BD. This assumes the video is 3840x2160. Be careful with bitrates! An original stream may not work -- as its maximum bitrate could exceed that of a BD-50 or BD-25 disc. I recommend you make sure the total of all streams does not exceed 50Mbs combined for BD-50 (absolutely no more than 64Mbs) and 35Mbs for BD-25.

3. Open TSMUXER v2.6.12 and select those streams (TSMUXER instructions are available elsewhere -- and details are not included here).

4. Using the TSMUXER software, output a BD compatible structure to a folder on your hard drive. Let it complete its task.

5. Run TSM2UHD, and select the folder you created in step 4. Then press the button to start execution.

TSM2UHD will run. It will make changes to these files in the TSMUXER created folder:

Index.bdmv, MovieObject.bdmv, the .mpls file, .clpi file, and .m2ts file.

NOTES:

1. This is beta software. I tested it on my Sony UBP-X800 player and it works. There is a chance there may still be bugs... if you have issues report them here.

2. Bitrates! Remember, An original stream may not work as is -- as its maximum bitrate could exceed that of a BD-50 or BD-25 disc. I recommend you make sure the total of all streams does not exceed 50Mbs combined for BD-50 (absolutely no more than 64Mbs) and 35Mbs for BD-25.

3. The program has to scan the entire M2TS stream making changes to every video start code and all PMT packets. This can take a while (about 30-40 minutes on my system). I have noticed that on my player, it seems to play ok even when these updates aren't done. For that reason I have added a checkbox on the program's form that allows you to skip those updates. I highly recommend keeping it unchecked for compliance... but if you're in a hurry and want to risk it, it's your choice.

4. I wrote this without access to the UHD-BD standard... so keep that in mind. If you run into an issue, report in this thread and I'll see what I can do. Please, don't keep asking for updates... it's freeware and I'll get to it when I have the free time.

Last edited by jdobbs; 26th February 2018 at 03:26.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote