Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players

Old 1st June 2019, 06:26   #4741  |  Link
dave_in_gva

Thanks Huhn - I had seen AWS meant Amazon and so have uninstalled my prior version as it threw an error and reinstalled from AWS.

Thing is I still am getting the following error on launching MPDN. This is on my x64-based Surface Pro 4/i5:

mscorlib Error
1 is not a supported code page.
Parameter name: codepage (mscorlib)

MPDN comes up but all menus are greyed out and I can't operate the program.

This has been the same error I've been getting with installation of packages from earlier builds. In the most recent installation I removed the prior installation (including the MPDN configuration files) and reinstalled from the AWS package.

Any ideas? I would love to get back to using MPDN and it has never given me troubles before. Only thing to add is that in reinstalling things on this new laptop I have installed the most recent version (4.8) of Microsoft Net Framework.
dave_in_gva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2019, 07:10   #4742  |  Link
dave_in_gva

Sorry, forgot to add one more behaviour. After launching MPDN a second error message comes up, saying:

MediaPlayerDotNet Error
Object reference not set to an instance of an object. (MediaPlayerDotNet)

Thanks again for any help on this.
dave_in_gva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2019, 19:54   #4743  |  Link
huhn

sorry i had major problem getting this to work since windows 10 so not much i can help with that.
huhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2019, 08:08   #4744  |  Link
Sephiroth_FF

A few features requests

So glad to see my favorite player is going to get new features!

I do know there was a couple of questions about HDR a few pages ago but, most of it was about HDR to SDR conversion and I was wandering if there is any plan to also support native HDR monitors too? In Windows 10, I can enable "Play HDR games and apps" in "Windows HD Colors settings" and VLC will output HDR video files natively to my monitor. Though, it would maybe require MPDN to have a DirectX 12 renderer?

Speaking of DX12, I have seen some of the amazing new scaler samples and since DX12 has support for explicit multi-gpu, could MPDN use multiple gpus for the rendering and shave off even more more milliseconds or even nearly halve the compute time? My computer has two 1080Ti in SLI and a 980Ti for PhysX and I would love if MPDN could use it all!

Finally, would be awesome to have Dolby Atmos and DTS:X object-based audio output to the new Windows Spatial Sound API like Windows Sonic, etc.

Sorry for making so many requests but MPDN has always been the most cutting edge player for me and I am super happy development might pick up again and a big thank to all who worked on this amazing player!
Sephiroth_FF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2019, 10:13   #4745  |  Link
louiebh

hope this project is still going, sadly i still couldnt find a fix for th openCL audio scripts couldnt be initialised error i tried installing latest opencl drivers for intel and latest nvidia drivers and the reclockaudio script still doesnt work lost for options

in the op doesnt really direct someone on how to get it working too tried a bit of googling but its not a popular error
louiebh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2019, 02:12   #4746  |  Link
stax76

It still does not start on UHD 288 DPI.
stax76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2019, 08:11   #4747  |  Link
ktsbkt

Is there a chance you will implement screenshot output of various jpeg quality ranges like MPC-HC?

I would like to recommend this player to my friends, but probably won't be able to do so since we like to share screenshots and discuss them etc.
ktsbkt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2019, 05:50   #4748  |  Link
Kein

Quote:
Render Scripts are quite similar to AviSynth scripts and plugins except they run fully on the GPU. You can script Render Scripts in a similar fashion to AviSynth with a C# syntax, or an AviSynth-like syntax with the full power of JavaScript behind it. As opposed to madVR's mostly closed source nature, MPDN's Render Scripts are fully open source and are hosted on GitHub.
I have a question. AviSynth can process YUV420 "natively" in some cases, without any color conversion, for example, some fade-out effect or subtitles I can add without color conversion, but big guys like Vegas or Adobe work in RGB space for all of their effects to be available so the raw recorded in YUV420 video gets converted to RGB regardless with some data loss.

How is NP.NET's Render Script in this regard? I guess essentially I'm asking if I can use it as a replacement to AviSynth to some extent.

Last edited by Kein; 29th November 2019 at 05:58.
Kein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2019, 11:05   #4749  |  Link
foxyshadis
ангел смерти

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kein View Post
I have a question. AviSynth can process YUV420 "natively" in some cases, without any color conversion, for example, some fade-out effect or subtitles I can add without color conversion, but big guys like Vegas or Adobe work in RGB space for all of their effects to be available so the raw recorded in YUV420 video gets converted to RGB regardless with some data loss.

How is NP.NET's Render Script in this regard? I guess essentially I'm asking if I can use it as a replacement to AviSynth to some extent.
Renderscript runs in your choice of colorspace. You can leave it as YUV or convert it to RGB, but it's ALWAYS in float with a minimum of 16-bit. You have to go out of your way to truncate it to 8-bit before going back to a 16-bit processing chain.
foxyshadis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2020, 23:56   #4750  |  Link
ashlar42

Has development for this stopped?
ashlar42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2020, 06:07   #4751  |  Link
ryrynz

For the time being.
ryrynz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2020, 21:41   #4752  |  Link
amayra
Quality Checker

i wish if dev share source code at least in private I like to see it
Old 3rd May 2020, 22:44   #4753  |  Link
Anima123

It would really be nice if the developers can share there new integer scaler with other programs like incorporating it into mpc video renderer.

The quality seems nice based on the previous presented pictures, it would be really appreciated if they can be applied in another way.
Anima123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2020, 14:36   #4754  |  Link
Shiandow

Quote:
Originally Posted by amayra View Post
i wish if dev share source code at least in private I like to see it
You'd probably have to contact Zachs for that, the current source code can't really be shared publicly but I think Zachs was allowed to make exceptions for contributors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anima123 View Post
It would really be nice if the developers can share there new integer scaler with other programs like incorporating it into mpc video renderer.

The quality seems nice based on the previous presented pictures, it would be really appreciated if they can be applied in another way.
Not sure what happened to scaler Zachs was working on, but the others are all available as open source renderscripts.
Shiandow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2022, 23:18   #4755  |  Link
Garteal

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave_in_gva View Post
Thanks Huhn - I had seen AWS meant Amazon and so have uninstalled my prior version as it threw an error and reinstalled from AWS.

Thing is I still am getting the following error on launching MPDN. This is on my x64-based Surface Pro 4/i5:

mscorlib Error

This has been the same error I've been getting with installation of packages from earlier builds. In the most recent installation I removed the prior installation (including the MPDN configuration files) and reinstalled from the AWS package.

Any ideas? I would love to get back to using MPDN and it has never given me troubles before. Only thing to add is that in reinstalling things on this new laptop I have installed the most recent version (4.8) of Microsoft Net Framework.
I ran into this after setting up my new system, and it appears to be a problem with MPDN (or its libraries) trying to access a codepage which isn't available in the current regional language settings.
Set your Windows Display Language (keyboard, etc) to English (United States) for it to work until MPDN gets (if ever ) fixed.

@Shiandow @Zachs any chance one of you could set the codepage to a fixed value?
Garteal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2024, 17:29   #4756  |  Link
huhn

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave_in_gva View Post

mscorlib Error

i found a fix for this.

zou have to set zour windows displaz language to english *united states(

which messes up mz kezboard and no i|m not going to fix this.
Old 31st January 2024, 12:26   #4757  |  Link
BetA13
cosmic entity

sad... i reinstalled my windows fresh and wanted to use MPDN again (portable) but no matter what i try, i get either and subtitle filter error or the player straight crashes without any message as soon as it loads a video.

anyone knows ho to get it running again with all extensions?
windows 10
BetA13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2024, 15:50   #4758  |  Link
huhn

the newest version doesn't work try 3603 https://www.videohelp.com/software/MPDN/old-versions
Old 31st January 2024, 18:32   #4759  |  Link
BetA13
cosmic entity

Quote:
Originally Posted by huhn View Post
the newest version doesn't work try 3603 https://www.videohelp.com/software/MPDN/old-versions
hmm, that did not work, same issue..
BUT, when i remove the EXTENSIONS Folder, the issue is gone and the video plays. (Newest MPDN Version) -> 3606

EDIT:

got it working now.. i have no idea how, lol.

Last edited by BetA13; 31st January 2024 at 18:44.
BetA13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
direct3d, mpdn, nnedi3, opencl, reclock