Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 7th February 2003, 01:46   #281  |  Link
phrentec
waprout?

@Gabest: Sir, would it be possible to (please) add a keyboard shortcut to toggle the interface options controled by ctrl+0,1,2,5,etc. all off and on, so that 'wouldn't have to hit serveral keys to have just the video window shown. And could you please add a way to horizontal maximize the video window.
I use MPC every day now and it's just the best player ever. Thanks.

-best regards
-Phren.
phrentec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2003, 06:34   #282  |  Link
alx

Really thanks for this new version, but i have 2 question.........whatīs new and, does it have any limit on its use? because i am planning to put it with a movie on cd.

Thanks a lot gabest.
Alx.

PD. Maybe out of topic, but i have this problem, iīve been joining little mpeg files onto 1 big mpeg , but when i play this big mpeg in Windows XP, all players only shows the first part, letīs say mpeg01, not all movie......it only happens in Windows XP, in Windows 98, all players shows the whole big mpeg........any ideas??? Thanks a lot
alx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2003, 07:24   #283  |  Link
vip

Even with new build of MPC i still getting weird problem if have an mp3 stream as primary and ac3 stream as secondary in xvid avi. The problem is slow down video framerate by ~2 times when i play avi whith primary audio stream (mp3) and video goes at full framerate if i choose secondary stream (ac3). Even if ac3 is not muxed in avi but autoloaded by mpc the problem appears again. Same problem was with MPC 6.4.2.0. BUT, everything plays fine if i use MPC 6.4.0.4. Weird...

I've tried various xvid builds, ac3 decoders (Intervideo and ac3filter), run those videos on different machines (WinXP and Win2k with DirectX 8.1). The problem always is.

I've heard that there is a possibility to watch dvd's with external subs using MPC, could someone tell me how can i do it 'cos i cant find out the way...

P.S. Thanks to gabest for the great tools: MPC & VobSub
vip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2003, 15:44   #284  |  Link
gabest

Safai:
This ini specification looks very complicated, it would be easier to rewrite mpc to fit them instead of modifying it...

phrentec:
Ok.

alx:
No limits, just don't sell it without giving me a share :P
What mpegs are you joining, mpeg1 or mpeg2? How? (copy /b? )

vip:
Do you use the built-in switcher or morgan?
You can watch dvd with subs if you use the vmr7/9 renderers or dvobsub.
Old 7th February 2003, 16:49   #285  |  Link
Safai

Quote:
Originally posted by gabest
Safai:
This ini specification looks very complicated, it would be easier to rewrite mpc to fit them instead of modifying it...
yeah, it is complicated, took me a while to learn how to script it... it is a good idea though, right? but if it is too much work... forget it then... what about doing a dvd navigator kind of filter for it instead, would that be easier?
Old 7th February 2003, 18:37   #286  |  Link
vip

gabest:
I always use built-in switcher (morgan isnt installed even)...

Cant use VMR7/9 'cos playing becames choppy (100% load of my P3 800MHz)...
And i still cant get how to load them using DVobSub. They must be called some special way or something else? Sorry for stupid questions...
Old 7th February 2003, 18:44   #287  |  Link
gabest

Quote:
I always use built-in switcher (morgan isnt installed even)...
Ok, then could you cut a few megs out of it and upload it to somewhere? If you know how you could even shrink the video to 32x32 and reencode it to make the file smaller
Quote:
Cant use VMR7/9 'cos playing becames choppy (100% load of my P3 800MHz)...
Yea, that can be a prob.
Quote:
And i still cant get how to load them using DVobSub. They must be called some special way or something else? Sorry for stupid questions...
Set dvobsub to "always-load" and then it will load for dvds too.
Old 7th February 2003, 21:34   #288  |  Link
quantum

I work with a lot of DVDs. I may have several on my hard drive that I need to view. The only way I found to open a DVD is:

view->options->dvd->user defined path (enter path)

then

file->open dvd

Zoomplayer let's me drag the video_ts.ifo file on the window (or via the file open dialog) and it starts automatically. Any chance of adding this functionality or is there a technique that I don't know about?
quantum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2003, 21:40   #289  |  Link
gabest

Hm, a very good idea
Old 8th February 2003, 16:15   #290  |  Link
iwod

Quote:

iwod:
How long does it take to load those vcds? There can be some empty sectors at the beginning of each file, and the reader filter tries to skip them because the mpeg2 splitter won't connect if the data starts with zeros. What is even worse, if I don't try skip those sectors the mpeg demultiplexer (another filter made for streaming mpeg) will automatically connect BUT it won't be able to seek then.

For the fozen window during the opening there is a new feature in 6425 (on by default, selectable on the first page in the options), it will do the initial connection of the filters on a worker thread, so now you can move the window around, access the menus, exit before loading fully (this needs more testing :P), etc.

New build:
http://download.vobsub.edensrising.com/mpc2kxp6425.rar
http://download.vobsub.edensrising.com/mpc98me6425.rar
Not every request was fulfilled, but I'm advancing slowly...
The longest time i had was three hours........ of waiting for it to load the strected CDs...

For the openning time it was only 10s... which isn't much of a problem but just some minor improvement...

Last edited by iwod; 8th February 2003 at 16:18.
iwod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2003, 04:42   #291  |  Link
ookzDVD
DVD Rebuilder!

@gabest,

Ok, the autoload of sound is now can be disabled. Thanks.

I don't know if it's a bug, but if I play the .ogm movie with
.ac3 sound, the movie is not automatically played, it's stopped
at the beginning of the movie, I have to skip to play the movie.
I use the 6.4.2.0 to play the movie, and it's no problem.
ookzDVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2003, 15:55   #292  |  Link
gabest

iwod:
Quote:
The longest time i had was three hours........ of waiting for it to load the strected CDs...
ROTFL, I guess you are the world record holder in this category

ookzDVD: Is it starting only if you skip into it or with the play button too? Any difference with or without the worker thread for opening?
Old 10th February 2003, 03:33   #293  |  Link
ookzDVD
DVD Rebuilder!

Quote:
ookzDVD: Is it starting only if you skip into it or with the play button too? Any difference with or without the worker thread for opening? [/B]
It's starting with the stop and then play button.
No difference with/without the worker thread.
and it's happen only with Intervideo Ac3 filter (I only try with iviaudio build 4.5.11.26) and no problem with AC3Filter
ookzDVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2003, 12:31   #294  |  Link
iwod

Quote:
iwod:ROTFL, I guess you are the world record holder in this category

ookzDVD: Is it starting only if you skip into it or with the play button too? Any difference with or without the worker thread for opening?
Well...actually i was trying to load the that bit again and again........ after about 19 mins i fall as sleep and when i woke up 3 hours later i saw it has only played a few secounds more.......
iwod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2003, 15:15   #295  |  Link
gabest

Still not bad. For such a disc I would use cdrwin or similar with maximum retry count and then if it succeeded burn the img again on a new disc
Old 10th February 2003, 16:35   #296  |  Link
gabest

Anyone had such an experience that he clicked the exe of mpc to start and nothing happend? I just had a short discussion in email with someone (using xp sp1) who was unable to launch any version of it.
Old 10th February 2003, 19:14   #297  |  Link
vip

I got WinXP Pro SP1 on both (working and home) PC's... and i've never expected such problem with MPC...

Btw, when i made a cutoff from my recent xvid encode (mp3+ac3) i discover that this piece is playing fine... While the whole movie plays jerky... Weird... I think there is something wrong in muxing routines of VDubMod or somewhere else... I cant mux ac3 as secondary audio stream (while mp3 is primary) even in avimux... It got muxed but without ac3...
Old 10th February 2003, 20:54   #298  |  Link
athos

Quote:
Anyone had such an experience that he clicked the exe of mpc to start and nothing happend? I just had a short discussion in email with someone (using xp sp1) who was unable to launch any version of it.
I have winxpprosp1 and i have exactly this same problem. tried to change back to previous version (6420), still the same. tried to delete entries in registry, still the same.. i am pretty certain it used to work with the previous version before i installed this one. i remember i changed the renderer to VMR Renderless 9 (DirectX 9) and it worked ok with Nvidia Detonators 42.70.
athos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2003, 08:15   #299  |  Link
mad_koala

2 problems: loading some DVD's frozes mpc- it shows film's parameters (size etc) and do nothing more with all the play buttons disabled.
But sometimes it plays the same films properly. And one more problem. 16:9 movie playing fullscreen with all the characters heads streched vertically like horses I couln't find any proper "Pan&Scan" and "Video frame" settings - only adjust vertical screen size by hand with
numpad 8,2.
And now one badly needed feature request - is it possible to add brightness/contrast/saturation sliders, just like in ZoomPlayer?
Old 11th February 2003, 16:45   #300  |  Link
gabest

Quote:
Originally posted by mad_koala
2 problems: loading some DVD's frozes mpc- it shows film's parameters (size etc) and do nothing more with all the play buttons disabled.
But sometimes it plays the same films properly.
This might be the problem of the multithreaded opening, though I tried to make everything sure to not let it deadlock. Disable it in the options to see if that matters. Btw, which decoder filters do you use?
Quote:
And one more problem. 16:9 movie playing fullscreen with all the characters heads streched vertically like horses I couln't find any proper "Pan&Scan" and "Video frame" settings - only adjust vertical screen size by hand with
numpad 8,2.
Is "video frame/touch from inside" selected? What does "menu/file/properties" say? After the video frame size there should be the aspect ratio written, when this info is available.
Quote:
And now one badly needed feature request - is it possible to add brightness/contrast/saturation sliders, just like in ZoomPlayer?
The prob is that only the overlay mixer supports this feature (which I use the less :P).

Quote:
Originally posted by athos
it worked ok with Nvidia Detonators 42.70.
On nvidia's download ftp 41.09 is the latest

Last edited by gabest; 11th February 2003 at 16:50.
gabest is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
media player classic