Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Usage
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 7th January 2006, 11:59   #41  |  Link
bdogg

Quote:
Originally posted by DeepDVD
I played around with additional sharpening with LimitedSharpenFaster and got strange broken lines on picture parts with fast keychange:
I would get the same effect if I used certain values of super sampling with LimitedSharpenFaster, ie. ss_x=1.2,ss_y=1.2. However, just changing to 1.3 or 1.1 would remove the lines.

Try setting ss_x=1.0,ss_y=1.0 and see if the lines go away.
bdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2006, 12:37   #42  |  Link
DeepDVD
DVD Destroyer

Wow... that seems to be the problem. How come the supersampling is to blame for it? I tried 1.1 for both dimensions and it was OK. So I cannot use specific supersampling-figures? Strangely a small change of +0.25 on both dimensions works without lines...
DeepDVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2006, 15:57   #43  |  Link
ObeewanVOB

Really like what I see here, especially the results on Deep DVD's video above since I have a souce that looks just like the original one above I want to clean up. All this is extremely confusing to me though. I have only used regular scripts until now and have no idea how to implement a script funtion. Is there anywhere I can go to try to learn this? Just like to learn rather than just be given the answer. Tried google and it just returned everything imaginable except what I wanted.
Do the scripts have to load all the plugins like Deep listed above or is this just an option? Thanks
The measure of a man is not how he brags to everyone within earshot that his DVD backups work; it's how he keeps all his frustration and anger inside to throttle some S.O.B. who deserves it when they don't.
ObeewanVOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2006, 16:41   #44  |  Link
Boulder
Pig on the wing

Just extract the SeeSaw.avs to your Avisynth plugins directory (by default C:\Program Files\Avisynth 2.5\plugins). Then rename the extension from .avs to .avsi. This way Avisynth will automatically load the function and you can call it in your script.

Another option is to copy-paste the contents of SeeSaw.avs at the end of your script but it's not very convenient. Doing the process above you'll always have the function available.
Old 22nd January 2006, 16:52   #45  |  Link
ObeewanVOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boulder
Just extract the SeeSaw.avs to your Avisynth plugins directory (by default C:\Program Files\Avisynth 2.5\plugins). Then rename the extension from .avs to .avsi. This way Avisynth will automatically load the function and you can call it in your script.
Always so simple
The measure of a man is not how he brags to everyone within earshot that his DVD backups work; it's how he keeps all his frustration and anger inside to throttle some S.O.B. who deserves it when they don't.
Old 23rd January 2006, 01:11   #46  |  Link
ObeewanVOB

OK, this is getting interesting. First I made sure that my script loads up in VirtualDub or MediaPlayer to make sure there are no syntax errors there. Now I'm trying to load up MCNR_Simple2 and LimitedSharpen. With each one I get an error. With MCNR I keep getting mvanalyse does not have argument truemotion. If I take this out of the function it moved on to the next one, chroma. With LimitedSharpen it says there is no function mt_edge. I downloaded and installed the files at the beginning of the post but this has not helped. Any ideas?
Old 23rd January 2006, 02:27   #47  |  Link
foxyshadis
Angel of Night

Well, this thread isn't about MCNR so the requirements in the first post don't fit it. You need masktools 1.5+, mvtools 1.0+, ttempsmooth, removegrain, and removedirt.

And you don't have LimitedSharpen, you have LimitedSharpenFaster. http://www.avisynth.com/LimitedSharpen for the latest and its requirements (masktools 2.x).
foxyshadis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2006, 02:33   #48  |  Link
Didée

Yee, the usual plugin desease

Regarding MVNR_simple: to use this one, you have to load Fizick's v1.0.3 version of MVTools.dll. Not sure if the packacke is currently on- or offline on Fizick's pages ... in case of doubt, have a look here.
Also required is this version of RemoveGrain.

Regarding LimitedSharpen: The error message you're getting means that you are using one of the modified scripts (more speedy), not the original one.
Get the new MaskTools v2.0a21 package froma Manao. It contains the plugin mt_masktools.dll, which must be loaded, and the latest script modification LimitedSharpenFaster.avsi. Attention: Avisynth v2.56 is needed, it will not run correctly if you're using Avisynth v2.55, or even older.

My little flickr gallery. (Yes indeed, I do have hobbies other than digital video!)
Didée is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2006, 12:07   #49  |  Link
mg262
Clouded

Didée,

PS -- why true motion for denoising?
Old 23rd January 2006, 12:37   #50  |  Link
Didée

Quote:
Originally Posted by mg262
why true motion for denoising?
Why not? Is truemotion/warping really *that* bad that a [scared] smiley is indicated ? Makes me wonder, because IIRC there is another motion compensation tool that uses warping, too ...

Seriously: Because it seems to fit. The average overall denoising efficiency might be a tad lower with truemotion compared to blockbased, yes. But at least the user will never get the usual MC-denoiser artefacts: there are no "blocking" artefacts with truemotion. In those spots where blockbased compensation would give blocking, the truemotion approach at worst will give some "smearing" - and the included "LPprotect" option will compensate for exactly this.

Now how do we get this on-topic ... ah yes, it already is. MCNR_simple is a valid denoiser for SeeSaw.

My little flickr gallery. (Yes indeed, I do have hobbies other than digital video!)
Old 23rd January 2006, 15:17   #51  |  Link
mg262
Clouded

Quote:
Why not? Is truemotion/warping really *that* bad that a [scared] smiley is indicated ?
Nononono, the smiley was because there was something deep and mysterious happening which I didn't understand . [We need more semantic resolution in smileys .]

Actually I'm glad to see things going this way, because it implies that even Motion might be useful for denoising... or at least that its fast warping code might be.

Last edited by mg262; 23rd January 2006 at 15:47.
mg262 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2006, 18:29   #52  |  Link
Pookie

Found a nice looking combination of filters for SeeSaw and certain 1080i source material. Wondering if there's a functional equivalent to PeachSmoother which wouldn't require a YUY to YV12 conversion.

a = last
b=a.converttoyuy2().peachsmoother(NoiseReduction=35,Stability=40).converttoyv12().removegrain(mode=1)
SeeSaw(a,b, NRlimit=6, NRlimit2=7, Sstr=1.5, Slimit=5, Spower=8, Szp=16,soothet=25,soothes=35,bias=60)

ftp://tempclips%40avisynth%2Eorg:QfJ.../see-peach.avi (3MB)

Thanks for hosting, Richard Berg. You rock !

Last edited by Pookie; 23rd January 2006 at 18:39.
Pookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2006, 09:22   #53  |  Link
aberforthsgoat

Good for live material?

Say,

I just found this thread and perused a while. I'm currently using LimitedSharpenFaster and hqdn3d for DVD playback and live TV. Is SeeSaw going to be an option or does it place higher demands on my system?

Just wanted to ask before I throw myself into another orgy of filter testing!

Mike
aberforthsgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2006, 10:05   #54  |  Link
Didée

Quote:
Originally Posted by aberforthsgoat
Is SeeSaw going to be an option
Yes.

Quote:
or does it place higher demands on my system?
Yes.

Quote:
Just wanted to ask before I throw myself into another orgy of filter testing!
Yes.

Read: I can't save you from testing whether it fits your needs, or not ...

Last edited by Didée; 25th January 2007 at 13:03.
Old 24th January 2006, 22:10   #55  |  Link
Razorholt
Cyberspace Citizen

Hi,

I'd love to test SeeSaw but I get that following error:

-----
there is no function named "yv12lutxy"
Xe: ,line72

-----

Here is my script:
Code:
LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files\AviSynth 2.5\plugins\MaskTools20a21\mt_masktools.dll")
LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files\AviSynth 2.5\plugins\LimitedSupport_02Dec05.dll")
DirectShowSource("Z:\trailers\Hills\thehillshaveeyes_XviD-2000_lancsoz4.avi")
ConvertToYv12()
a = last
b=a.degrainmedian(mode=2)
SeeSaw(a,b, NRlimit=6, NRlimit2=7, Sstr=1.5, Slimit=5, Spower=5, Szp=16)

Thank you for your help.

- Dan
Razorholt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2006, 22:14   #56  |  Link
Pookie

You need to load the older >1.58 version of Masktools. Look on the first page for the link. It can co-exist with the MT_masktools.dll.

Also, you need to load RemoveGrain, found on the first page.

Also, you need to import SeeSaw.avs into your script.

Last edited by Pookie; 24th January 2006 at 22:26.
Old 24th January 2006, 22:32   #57  |  Link
Razorholt
Cyberspace Citizen

Ok, I did it but now it crashes AVSEdit when I want to preview the video. Megui crashes too after I load the AVS file..

RemoveGrain loads automatically, I have the dll under Plugins.

Thanks,
- Dan
Old 25th January 2006, 02:36   #58  |  Link
Pookie

Create a new AVS file for your SeeSaw test. Manually load RemoveGrain and the older Masktools, plus DegrainMedian.

Are you sure you have the RemoveGrain from the front page ?

You should have 2.56 of AviSynth.

Last edited by Pookie; 25th January 2006 at 02:41.
Old 25th January 2006, 10:48   #59  |  Link
Didée

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorholt
Code:
DirectShowSource("Z:\trailers\Hills\thehillshaveeyes_XviD-2000_lancsoz4.avi")
For an *.avi source file better use "AviSource()", not "DirectShowSource()" ...

Old 25th January 2006, 22:02   #60  |  Link
Razorholt
Cyberspace Citizen

Thank you Pookie and Didee!!!

I had to reinstall AviSynth and get rid of all the plugins I had already. Fresh start was the cure here.

Quick question: The clip is 1024x432, so is it better to add borders to reach the "normal" size of 1024x768?

Cheers,
- Dan