Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 17th February 2015, 02:43   #11  |  Link
zaphodalive

Subtitle sync

Hi, I used to use DVDFab for encoding my 3D blurays but switched to your tool so as to get depth on the subtitles (DVDFab didn't support any subtitle depth). I prefer to burn-in subtitles as I've had numerous issues with players using external or muxed subtitle streams.

I trialed BD3D2MK3D with my Thor 2 bluray and everything worked out perfectly except that the subtitles are out of sync, trailing the video by about 1.5-2 seconds. Any thoughts on why this might have happened? It didn't happen when encoding with DVDFab, and I know it's not much information to go by but if you have any suggestions that would be great.

I'll try to encode another film with subtitles and see if the issue occurs again or if it's specific to the Thor 2 bluray.

Appreciate the effort that's gone into this tool, thanks.