Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Usage

Closed Thread

Old 16th August 2013, 07:59   #1601  |  Link
manono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boulder View Post
He's converting to RGB32 for cropping...
Oh yeah, you're right. Thanks for the correction as I hadn't even noticed the RGB conversion and then the crops.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeroi View Post
For some reason, crop did not work without converttoRGB32...
Because you can't crop in odd numbers in YV12:

AviSynth's Crop Page

Anyway, as Boulder points out, cropping interlaced material properly is difficult. I'd suggest waiting until after you make it progressive and then crop in even numbers.
Old 16th August 2013, 11:37   #1602  |  Link
Jeroi

Quote:
Originally Posted by manono View Post
Oh yeah, you're right. Thanks for the correction as I hadn't even noticed the RGB conversion and then the crops.

Because you can't crop in odd numbers in YV12:

AviSynth's Crop Page

Anyway, as Boulder points out, cropping interlaced material properly is difficult. I'd suggest waiting until after you make it progressive and then crop in even numbers.
Yes I discovered this when I viewed my 2 samples, it seams resize blends interlaced video and thus makes poorer image out of it. So I switched cropping to lanczos4resize filter only because it supports YV12 cropping and it is after deinterlacing and now I can get better image out of it.
Old 17th August 2013, 08:34   #1603  |  Link
cedricm

So after 5 days of waiting after registering on this forum, I finally am able to post something...

I've been using the QTGMC script quite a while now. Two weeks ago I bought a new PC with a Core i7 4770 CPU and damn, a HUGE difference in encoding times compared to my old P4 desktop...

Now, I've been playing around with Avisynth MT since I'm using this new setup but I can't seem to get it encoding without crashing. I've been trying out different combinations of avisynth versions and plugins from this topic but it just keeps crashing...

I figured out the crashing starts happening whenever I add the "Distributor()" line in the script. If I put this line in comment, the encoding process finishes without any problems. HOWEVER: Not adding this command results in half the framerate of encoding. (Without Distributor() => 45FPS, With Distributor() => 90FPS) (I've read on previous pages in this topic the Distributor command should not be used, but can anyone explain why it drops framerate by half then?).
Also, if I don't add the Distributor command only 20% of the CPU is in use so I think the multithreading capabilities of the CPU aren't even used without this command
I've played with different SetMemoryMax values ranging from 400 to 1200 but still no go. I also played with the EdiThread value

I am using Avidemux + AVS Proxy to route the avisynth scripts to avidemux. My encoding settings are x264 video with MP3 audio in an MP4 container.
The source files are lossless DTV captures with Lagarith and uncompressed WAV audio.

This is my current Avisynth script:

SetMTMode(3, 6)
AVISource("E:\capture.avi", true)
SetMTMode(2)
AssumeTFF()
QTGMC(Preset="Very Fast", EdiThreads=1)
LanczosResize(720,540)
Crop(0, 2, 0, -2)
AddBorders(0, 2, 0, 2, color=$000000)
# Distributor()

Oh and, the crashes occur some point at random in the encoding process. Sometimes it crashes after 4 seconds, sometimes when it hits 90%, sometimes it doesn't even crash at all but then I get an output file with audio or video glitches
Old 17th August 2013, 08:43   #1604  |  Link
creaothceann

Maybe it's Avidemux? Try using only x264.exe from the command line.
Old 17th August 2013, 11:18   #1605  |  Link
Groucho2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedricm View Post
I've been trying out different combinations of avisynth versions and plugins from this topic but it just keeps crashing...
You should use the latest Avisynth MT DLL from Set.
Also, define crashing. What crashes? Is there an error message?

Quote:
I am using Avidemux + AVS Proxy to route the avisynth scripts to avidemux.
Start testing the script without any Gui or encoder. Use AVSMeter to check CPU and memory usage and if this already crashes.

Quote:
I've read on previous pages in this topic the Distributor command should not be used
This very much depends on the application you serve the frames to. I'm only aware of two scenarios where you need the Distributor() call in the script - serving frames to ffdshow and some piping tools like the original avs2yuv which don't call this function.

Last edited by Groucho2004; 17th August 2013 at 11:24. Reason: Additional info
Old 17th August 2013, 17:13   #1606  |  Link
cedricm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groucho2004 View Post
You should use the latest Avisynth MT DLL from Set.
Also, define crashing. What crashes? Is there an error message?
I am using the latest DLLs. Made sure of that. The QTGMC DLLs also match the correct ones for the avisynth version I am using.

It's the avsproxy executable which crashes while encoding.

Quote:
Start testing the script without any Gui or encoder. Use AVSMeter to check CPU and memory usage and if this already crashes.

It didn't crash

Quote:
This very much depends on the application you serve the frames to. I'm only aware of two scenarios where you need the Distributor() call in the script - serving frames to ffdshow and some piping tools like the original avs2yuv which don't call this function.
Is there any good alternative to Avidemux I could use (which has a nice GUI and built in encoders for example)? I haven't worked with encoders from commandline yet but I will try it.
Old 17th August 2013, 18:42   #1607  |  Link
Groucho2004

Quote:
It's the avsproxy executable which crashes while encoding.

It didn't crash

Is there any good alternative to Avidemux I could use (which has a nice GUI and built in encoders for example)? I haven't worked with encoders from commandline yet but I will try it.
Looks like you found the culprit. The CPU usage and speed in the AVSMeter screen shot look pretty good to me. You could easily go for a slower (and visually better) preset. You could also allocate a bit more memory if that improves performance.
No idea about gui options. Many people here seem to use Megui.

Last edited by Groucho2004; 17th August 2013 at 18:45.
Old 17th August 2013, 19:12   #1608  |  Link
cedricm

Quote:
Looks like you found the culprit. The CPU usage and speed in the AVSMeter screen shot look pretty good to me. You could easily go for a slower (and visually better) preset. You could also allocate a bit more memory if that improves performance.
No idea about gui options. Many people here seem to use Megui.
I have taken a look at MeGUI. It is not as intuitive as Avidemux but it perfectly fits my needs after playing around with it! Also, MeGUI doesn't seem to have the same crashing issues (so far) or audio/video glitches when multithreading like Avidemux.

I will contact the creator of Avidemux about this issue.

Thanks alot for the help & hints!
Old 19th August 2013, 06:38   #1609  |  Link
koopa

Is there a way to get this deinterlacer to work with 10bit input/outputs?
Old 24th August 2013, 13:45   #1610  |  Link
Bloax
The speed of stupid

I seem to be having some.. "Funny" issues with the plugins. Both the "normal" modded plugins and the "updated to the new 2.6 interface" modded plugins return an error that looks somewhat like this:

(Don't mind the "..\AviSynth 2.5\.." location, I do use the latest of 2.6 MT)

The real issue comes when most of them work just fine unmodded, except masktools2 - which instead returns an error like this:

Any ideas?
Old 24th August 2013, 13:51   #1611  |  Link
Reel.Deel

MaskTools2 for 2.6 no longer works with the latest AviSynth alpha 4. Try this updated MaskTools.
Old 2nd September 2013, 14:21   #1612  |  Link
byme

Quote:
Originally Posted by byme View Post
I have a question

the QTGMC, Placebo mode, I noticed that "sharpen" the image so decided
I want to know if it's all due to the sharpening, or if it depends on something else

What kind of sharpening using the QTGMC?
is possible extract the sharpening (or other filters that are used to improve the image) from QTGMC?.. for use with video already deinterlaced

thanks

(sorry for my english)
help me please

if it was not possible to extract sharpen, at least you know how to disable everything else, including the deinterlace?

Old 2nd September 2013, 15:58   #1613  |  Link
qwerty1983

Quote:
Originally Posted by byme View Post
help me please

if it was not possible to extract sharpen, at least you know how to disable everything else, including the deinterlace?

I'm not an expert but if you want to use QTGMC with progressive material try this:
QTGMC(InputType=1)
Old 2nd September 2013, 17:26   #1614  |  Link
byme

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwerty1983 View Post
I'm not an expert but if you want to use QTGMC with progressive material try this:
QTGMC(InputType=1)

many thanks!
Old 4th September 2013, 15:56   #1615  |  Link
Bloax
The speed of stupid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reel.Deel View Post
MaskTools2 for 2.6 no longer works with the latest AviSynth alpha 4. Try this updated MaskTools.
Late as sin on this, but thanks - that works.
Old 10th September 2013, 07:06   #1616  |  Link
Xoemab

Hello guys.. I tried to use this Script and here my result Screenshot Comparison

I used this settings.. Can I do something else to increase quality?
Quote:
QTGMC(Preset="placebo", NoisePreset="slower")
SelectEven()
MSharpen(threshold=0, strength=255, highq=true)
Old 10th September 2013, 07:33   #1617  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

You may increase sharpness. But you can never "increase quality". What is not recorded is lost.

And regarding sharpness and artifical detailling, I believe you already exaggerated. Half as slow presets may have provided just as much change. Possibly too much anyway.

New German Gleitz board
MediaFire: x264 | x265 | VPx | AOM | Xvid
Old 10th September 2013, 08:08   #1618  |  Link
Xoemab

Yeah I didn't mean literally increase quality (you understood), ok I will play more with the settings, what I wanted to ask is do I need anything more except QTGMC script and MSharper to make image look better?

Edit: I played with settings and ```QTGMC(Preset="Faster", NoisePreset="Faster")``` gave better result from all (actually NosiePreset didnt do any change so i left faster)

Last edited by Xoemab; 10th September 2013 at 08:21.
Old 16th September 2013, 09:07   #1619  |  Link
Hacker?pcs

Hi. I started using QTGMC recently and I like it very much, it's way better than yadif I was using before. I have a problem with the result though.
Source:
http://oi41.tinypic.com/242x1fn.jpg
QTGMC:
http://oi41.tinypic.com/2vbodhf.jpg
Yadif:
http://oi42.tinypic.com/2nun2go.jpg

Another frame with QTGMC:
http://oi43.tinypic.com/2ngwpyr.jpg

As you can see there is a problem with court lines, they are blurred. Is there any setting so I can fix that? I encode mostly football and basketball matches so it is very important to me.
I am using QTGMC 3.33 (from here), Avisynth 2.6 alpha 4 with 2013.03.09 SEt's MT version and modded plugins package. My avisynth script is this (using StaxRip):
Code:
LoadPlugin("---\StaxRip_1.1.9.0\Applications\AviSynth plugins\FluxSmooth\FluxSmooth.dll")
SetMemoryMax(1200)
SetMTMode(3, 4)
DirectShowSource("---\test.ts", audio=false, convertfps=true, fps=25)
Crop(0,0, -Width % 8,-Height % 8)
ConvertToYV12()
SetMTMode(2)
QTGMC( Preset="Slow", EdiThreads=3 )
SelectEven()
FluxSmoothT(4)

Last edited by Hacker?pcs; 16th September 2013 at 09:16.
Old 16th September 2013, 09:31   #1620  |  Link
Mole

I recommend you index your ts for example with DGIndexNV instead of using DirectShowSource+convertfps.

Depending on your ts splitter and video codec, convertfps may change your video in order to keep it at 25fps. This is not a good thing for interlaced video.

Also, there's no need to put that ConvertToYV12() since the .ts is already YV12.
Closed Thread