Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Subtitles
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 8th May 2013, 18:25   #181  |  Link
AGKnotUser

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradoxical View Post
Yes, they are. I've looked at them a bit but haven't had enough free time lately to dig too deep. Have another project I'm trying to finish up. Will do so soon, though, I promise.
No problem, thanks for all your efforts.
AGKnotUser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2013, 13:18   #182  |  Link
Selur

btw. anyone compiling BDSup2Sub++ (ideally static) for Ubuntu? (Qt4.8 is needed for qtxcore and gcc 4.7+ is needed for BDSup2Sub++ itself)
Old 19th May 2013, 13:28   #183  |  Link
sl1pkn07
Pajas Mentales...

need libqxt (I ignore the name of this library in ubuntu)
sl1pkn07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2013, 13:42   #184  |  Link
Selur

libqxt -> "sudo apt-get install libqxt-dev", sadly not available for Ubuntu 10.04 (probably since 10.04 uses Qt4.6), but on 12.04 (which uses 4.8)
»-std=c++11« requires gcc 4.7+, iirc Ubuntu 13.04 is the first Ubuntu version using gcc 4.7+, sadly it also uses Qt5 as default which breaks some of my projects due to some bugs that might get fixed by 5.0.3.
Old 19th May 2013, 14:13   #185  |  Link
sl1pkn07
Pajas Mentales...

for expample in archlinux is possible use 3 versions of Qt: Qt3, Qt4 and Qt5. the version of Qt to use is selected by the app qtchooser (from Qt project). the version of gcc is 4.8, but can install other version through AUR (user repository, no binary, need build)

https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/libqxt

update your ubuntu or change distro XD
sl1pkn07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2013, 19:24   #186  |  Link
paradoxical

Selur, here is a ppa for GCC 4.7 on Ubuntu 12.04. It gives you a starting point at least. Also, I have a Kubuntu 12.10 in a VM that I use to compile and test the program. There isn't a need for 13.04 to compile this.
Old 20th May 2013, 19:25   #187  |  Link
Selur

thanks
Old 20th May 2013, 19:30   #188  |  Link
paradoxical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selur View Post
thanks
You're welcome. Like I said, though, 12.10 has everything you need. You get GCC 4.7.2 and you can grab the Qt and libqxt from the repos. No need to compile anything but the program itself.
Old 29th May 2013, 03:45   #189  |  Link
eTiMaGo

Heya,

I posted an issue on the github page but maybe someone has an answer here... I'm trying to process multi-language idx/subs into xml/png using the CLI, but it outputs only the first language. So, is there a command to either output ALL language streams to different individual outputs, or to select a different language ID from the source file?
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2013, 16:24   #190  |  Link
paradoxical

There is no support for outputting all languages at once. It also doesn't look like the CLI supports choosing which language to export even though the GUI does which is easy to rectify.
Old 30th May 2013, 02:43   #191  |  Link
eTiMaGo

OK cool, then I'll use individual idx/subs for now.
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2013, 09:00   #192  |  Link
Music Fan

Hi paradoxical,
are you still working on DVB-SUB support ?
Music Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2013, 14:09   #193  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Strange bugs when converting SUP to XML/PNG

I've tried to convert this SUP file to XML/PNG from the command line, and I've discovered several bugs.

First bug:
Many subtitles are made of 2 PNG images. The first one is the correct subtitle, converted to PNG without problem, but the second image is totally black (without transparency). I wonder from where they are coming from. (I'm not sure it's really a bug, but it's strange, and it's the first time I see that black pictures.)

Second bug:
Many subtitles are made of 2 exactly identical PNG images, apparently correctly converted. IMO, when the images are identical, they should not be saved twice. But that's not the problem. In the XML file, the same subtitle is supposed to use more than 2 PNG images (usually 5). But only 2 images exist in the directory, and therefore the XML file references non-existing PNG images. Of course, that causes many problems.

Third bug:
Since I have discovered that the bugs 1 and 2 do not happen if I convert all subtitles to IDX/SUB and then the IDX/SUB to XML/PNG, I have converted successfully the subtitles that way. But the original subtitle stream has 3 forced captions, so I have decided to convert them also, with the same method. The first conversion (from SUP to IDX/SUB) works fine, and I have the 3 forced captions in the SUB file. But when I try to convert that SUB file to XML/PNG, BDSup2Sub++ crashes immediately. The crash happens ONLY when using the command line. The same conversion works fine from the GUI.

Note that the subtitle stream comes from the Ice Age 3 3D BD given when you buy a Panasonic TV. That BD is well known to have some bugs in the MVC video stream, and maybe it has also somewhat bad subtitle streams. Anyway, these 3 bugs are strange, and I suppose you will be interested in examining the SUP file.

BTW, any chance to have the option to convert the SUP to 3D SUB soon? Currently, due to the 3 bugs above, I can't convert them reliably. Thanks in advance.
r0lZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2013, 18:22   #194  |  Link
paradoxical

Quote:
Originally Posted by eTiMaGo View Post
OK cool, then I'll use individual idx/subs for now.
Yeah, it will be fixed in the next version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Music Fan View Post
Hi paradoxical,
are you still working on DVB-SUB support ?
Yeah, it's still something that will be added.

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0lZ View Post
I've tried to convert this SUP file to XML/PNG from the command line, and I've discovered several bugs.

First bug:
Many subtitles are made of 2 PNG images. The first one is the correct subtitle, converted to PNG without problem, but the second image is totally black (without transparency). I wonder from where they are coming from. (I'm not sure it's really a bug, but it's strange, and it's the first time I see that black pictures.)

Second bug:
Many subtitles are made of 2 exactly identical PNG images, apparently correctly converted. IMO, when the images are identical, they should not be saved twice. But that's not the problem. In the XML file, the same subtitle is supposed to use more than 2 PNG images (usually 5). But only 2 images exist in the directory, and therefore the XML file references non-existing PNG images. Of course, that causes many problems.

Third bug:
Since I have discovered that the bugs 1 and 2 do not happen if I convert all subtitles to IDX/SUB and then the IDX/SUB to XML/PNG, I have converted successfully the subtitles that way. But the original subtitle stream has 3 forced captions, so I have decided to convert them also, with the same method. The first conversion (from SUP to IDX/SUB) works fine, and I have the 3 forced captions in the SUB file. But when I try to convert that SUB file to XML/PNG, BDSup2Sub++ crashes immediately. The crash happens ONLY when using the command line. The same conversion works fine from the GUI.

Note that the subtitle stream comes from the Ice Age 3 3D BD given when you buy a Panasonic TV. That BD is well known to have some bugs in the MVC video stream, and maybe it has also somewhat bad subtitle streams. Anyway, these 3 bugs are strange, and I suppose you will be interested in examining the SUP file.
That's very weird with the blank PNG. I've downloaded the file and will look into it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0lZ View Post
BTW, any chance to have the option to convert the SUP to 3D SUB soon? Currently, due to the 3 bugs above, I can't convert them reliably. Thanks in advance.
It will probably come in the version after next. When that will be I can't say. I'm still busy working on a side project I committed to for another person that is taking longer than expected and haven't had tons of time to start work on the next version yet. I'm definitely working on things, it's just coming along slow. Hopefully by mid June I can get back into committing more time to working on it.
Old 31st May 2013, 09:16   #195  |  Link
Music Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradoxical View Post
Yeah, it's still something that will be added.
Great
Old 15th June 2013, 13:00   #196  |  Link
mini-moose

got a small sup file of only 5 lines. bdsup2sub++1.0.2_Win32.exe creates a vobsub file with those split into 48 lines, most with a 0,171 duration. It's the same 5 lines but they repeat themselves several times.

Warning for every line:

WARNING: duration of frame 1 is shorter than 520ms

tried also with java versions (older and newer) and they seem to keep them at 5 lines.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/vtd3ae
mini-moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2013, 17:26   #197  |  Link
paradoxical

Ok, looking into it.
Old 21st August 2013, 08:40   #198  |  Link
Chetwood

This sub (password is your nick) is ripped straight from DVD with VSrip and locks up BDSUP2SUB++ (and even BDSUP2SUB 5.11) when switching to the second language and browsing items. Can you take a look? Thx.

MultiMakeMKV: MakeMKV batch processing (Win)
MultiShrink
: DVD Shrink batch processing
Offizieller Übersetzer von DVD Shrink deutsch
Chetwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2013, 11:37   #199  |  Link
mini-moose

"ERROR: Palette ID out of bounds."

Sup here:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/fi3pu3

only creates .sub file, works fine with java versions
mini-moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2013, 11:35   #200  |  Link
Music Fan

I see that paradoxical is not member of this forum anymore, so I guess this project has been stopped.
Does anybody know a tool able to convert DVB-SUB to sup ?