Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Old 9th March 2009, 15:00   #141  |  Link
jdobbs

Yep. This one looks goofy also.

This is why I keep using v1.8.4 for my BD-RB muxing -- because, even though I know it isn't perfect, I know what doesn't work right consistently (and I can fix it), and I don't have to worry about new issues that are introduced.

Last edited by jdobbs; 9th March 2009 at 15:10.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2009, 15:00   #142  |  Link
MB2

@jdobbs

Which version of TSremux is inside BDRB?
MB2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2009, 15:02   #143  |  Link
jdobbs

v1.8.4. The last one that was publicly released by smlabs.
Old 9th March 2009, 15:07   #144  |  Link
mrr19121970

tsMuxeR v1.8.4 didn't do much better:

V1.8.4
mrr19121970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2009, 15:12   #145  |  Link
jdobbs

Is there something odd about the source, or do you have the encode set to some incredibly long GOP length (keyint) or structure? That could affect the spacing of the PTS values used for the EP tables. Also, if you set the chapter values in TSMUXER to something odd, you might get something like this.

Last edited by jdobbs; 9th March 2009 at 15:16.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2009, 15:22   #146  |  Link
mrr19121970

No the source is an original BD demuxed with eac3to (While She Was Out), the video stream is VC1 1080i/50 which tsMuxeR GUI simply refuses to accept. The CLI accepts it, and detects it correctly:

Code:
D:\DEMUX\While She Was Out>"E:\TVIX\tsMuxeR\tsMuxeR_1.8.4(b)\tsMuxeR.exe" "D:\DE
MUX\While She Was Out\While She Was Out.meta" "D:\DEMUX\While She Was Out\While
She Was Out_184"
SmartLabs tsMuxeR.  Version 1.8.4(b) http://www.smlabs.net
VC-1 muxing fps not set. Get fps from stream.
Decoding VC-1 stream (track 1): Profile: Advanced@3 Resolution: 1920:1080i  Frame rate: 25
Decoding DTS stream (track 2): Bitrate: 1536Kbps  Sample Rate: 48KHz  Channels:
mrr19121970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2009, 16:12   #147  |  Link
laserfan
Aging Video Hobbyist

Gosh another version 1.8.23 today...obviously with all the recent new releases there is alot of work being done on tsMuxeR at present and we can only hope I guess that Roman or whoever is working on it is paying some attention to these Doom9 threads!!??!! One might also assume they are seeing some very large number of hits on their ftp site and are aware of the outside scrutiny!
laserfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2009, 16:59   #148  |  Link
laserfan
Aging Video Hobbyist

I tried tsMuxeR 1.8.23 (latest as of the time of this post!) and it had one or two messed-up chapter marks/time codes and applied fixclpi 2.31 and it fixed the problems. So tsMuxeR is still broke but thankfully fixclpi still works:

Code:
C:\>fixclpi e:\video.bluray
FixCLPI v2.31, jdobbs softworks

Fixing CLPI files in directory tree.
- e:\video.bluray\BDMV\BACKUP\CLIPINF\00001.clpi packet count fixed
- e:\video.bluray\BDMV\BACKUP\CLIPINF\00001.clpi corrected.
- e:\video.bluray\BDMV\CLIPINF\00001.clpi packet count fixed
- e:\video.bluray\BDMV\CLIPINF\00001.clpi corrected.
laserfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2009, 03:52   #149  |  Link
Visor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
I made a lot of streams a while back that had long GOPs -- I can confirm that when you use them you will get video delays at chapter points. For Blu-ray compatibility you need to make sure the GOPs are no more than one second long. In BD-RB I set them to 24 as the default. If you stick to that rule the chapters should sync up immediately.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rack04 View Post
Are you referring to --keyint 24?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
Yes. And, of course, you have to also use "--min-keyint 1" along with it.
So that's it! I've been pulling my hair out all week trying to figure out why my Sony BDP-S350 was having a hard time fast-forwarding, rewinding, and chapter-jumping certain downloaded AVCHDs/BD9s. I would've assumed it was just a limitation of the player, but some other discs scanning just fine. I tried using FixClpi, remuxing with TSRemux, using h264info to write PPS... nothing worked to improve scanning or chapter response. Finally, I stumbled onto a couple of very interesting links in addition to this one:

http://forum.handbrake.fr/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=6346
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...ghlight=keyint

I downloaded MediaInfo and compared slow AVCHDs vs. fast ones, and guess what? The keyints were vastly different. A fast disc would have a typical keyint of 24 and a minimum of 2, whereas a slow disc would have numbers at least 10 times that size (eg. 240/24). According to the above second link, MeGUI's "SA-Blu-ray" profile defaults to low keyint numbers, which in turn leads towards a smoother scanning & chapter jumping experience. I wish people would use that profile more often. I know it could potentially result in a small sacrifice in video quality, but I would prefer to have the same smooth scanning capabilities as an actual Blu-ray Disc.

Thanks guys! I can sleep again.

Visor
Visor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2009, 08:57   #150  |  Link
G_M_C

It's actually very simple;
GOP length in Bluray specifications is named as 1 second if you use max bitrate > 15 Mbps. GOP length is 2 sec for max bitrate < 15 Mbps. Out of this it follows that key-int is always equal to the framerate (rounded of to the nearest whole number) when bitrate is > 15 Mbps, and 2 x framerate for streams with < 15 Mbps.

In the same spec is determined that minimum key-int is always set to 1.

See also this usefull post, where i tried to centralize al these sort of questions; But sadly the thread did not "take off" http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=141376

Last edited by G_M_C; 3rd June 2009 at 09:04.
G_M_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2009, 17:26   #151  |  Link
nwg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visor View Post
So that's it! I've been pulling my hair out all week trying to figure out why my Sony BDP-S350 was having a hard time fast-forwarding, rewinding, and chapter-jumping certain downloaded AVCHDs/BD9s. I would've assumed it was just a limitation of the player, but some other discs scanning just fine. I tried using FixClpi, remuxing with TSRemux, using h264info to write PPS... nothing worked to improve scanning or chapter response. Finally, I stumbled onto a couple of very interesting links in addition to this one:

http://forum.handbrake.fr/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=6346
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...ghlight=keyint

I downloaded MediaInfo and compared slow AVCHDs vs. fast ones, and guess what? The keyints were vastly different. A fast disc would have a typical keyint of 24 and a minimum of 2, whereas a slow disc would have numbers at least 10 times that size (eg. 240/24). According to the above second link, MeGUI's "SA-Blu-ray" profile defaults to low keyint numbers, which in turn leads towards a smoother scanning & chapter jumping experience. I wish people would use that profile more often. I know it could potentially result in a small sacrifice in video quality, but I would prefer to have the same smooth scanning capabilities as an actual Blu-ray Disc.

Thanks guys! I can sleep again.

Visor

I have been getting the same thing happen with ripbot BD structures on my S350. I too thought it was the S350 causing it. I downloaded mediainfo and loaded a ripbot example in it. It is Keyint= 250 keyint_min =25. RB Builder files are ok and ff/rw as they should.

Anyway to change this without have to reencode.
nwg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2009, 18:18   #152  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

No, unfortunately there is no way. It is good to follow the standards, but it's not the case when software developers build applications for themselves and users suffer from the fact.

I'm, too, glad that jdobbs rejected all "suggestions" for increasing keyint in BD-RB, just because it works for some people.

Dean

Last edited by deank; 3rd June 2009 at 18:21.
deank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2009, 07:20   #153  |  Link
G_M_C

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwg View Post
I have been getting the same thing happen with ripbot BD structures on my S350. I too thought it was the S350 causing it. I downloaded mediainfo and loaded a ripbot example in it. It is Keyint= 250 keyint_min =25. RB Builder files are ok and ff/rw as they should.

Anyway to change this without have to reencode.
Well, no way to chage that without reencoding. But one lesson learned: Don't use Ripbot for BD9/AVCHD stuff (there's no need to use it at all, "DIY" is always better as you have more control over results; But yes, you'll have to get used to scripting Avisynth and using CLI's).
G_M_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2023, 21:38   #154  |  Link
DreckSoft

I know this in a very old thread. But I have some issues with MultiAVCHD BDs. It uses tsMuxeR 1.10.6 and SOME of the BDs won't work properly. Skipping to the next chapter either does not work at all or takes ages. If I mux the same files with a recent version of tsMuxeR it works. However, then my player does not recognize (non-standard) EAC3 audio so I'm kinda stuck with the old version.

fixclpi won't change anything on the file it says OK for all. Can someone tell me where exactly the issue was so I can check if I find something in the newer files?
DreckSoft is offline   Reply With Quote