Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Usage
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 6th April 2013, 12:08   #1  |  Link
mark0077

ffdshow avisynth Buffer back/ahead

Hi,

Does anyone know in what circumstances the buffer back / ahead is needed in ffdshow. I'm asking as I'm using mpc-hc with LAV filters, with ffdshow solely to use SVP frame interpolation via avisynth scripts.

The SVP guys say the buffer ahead is crucial to SVP working correctly but I'm finding that even with it completely disabled in ffdshow, I'm getting absolutely perfect frame interpolation. This ffdshow page here seems to indicate the buffer ahead / back is only a workaround in ffdshow for filters that don't support being asked for a particular frame.

http://ffdshow-tryout.sourceforge.net/wiki/video:avisynth#buffer_back_ahead

Has anyone any experience with that, and maybe LAV Filers supports this? I'm getting some audio sync differences between the buffer being enabled / disabled, or enabled with different values so I want to basically nail down if the buffers are needed at all in your guys experience with different filters and maybe I can go from there on the audio sync problems its causing.

Last edited by mark0077; 6th April 2013 at 12:19.
mark0077 is offline   Reply With Quote