Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Audio encoding
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 17th January 2010, 14:35   #1  |  Link
shon3i
BluRay Maniac

Problem with E-AC3 from Blu-Ray

This is totaly shame, none of current demuxers (TsMuxer, eac3to) not recognizes Blu-Ray E-AC3 wich have embedded AC3 core same as TrueHD. Good thing is that, these blu-ray's are only few, but E-AC3 is allowed as primary audio on Blu-ray's and very good replacment for crappy DTS and direct opponent to DTS HR which aslo need core, but Dolby Digital need much less bitrate IMHO.

Only one demuxer, DGIndexNV can extract raw E-AC3 with core.

Did somebody haved same expirience, and what is possible solution for manipulating with that streams, eg. extracting core or leaving only e-ac3 part. Since Eac3 can't manipulate. Good thing will be that we can join e-ac3 part with ac3, like is possible with truehd with eac3to

Thanks
shon3i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2010, 00:26   #2  |  Link
rtjnyoface
Constantly learning

Quote:
This is totaly shame
Seems a bit rude for great freeware. I think a request could be made with better manners.

Quote:
Only one demuxer, DGIndexNV can extract raw E-AC3 with core.
Then keep using dgindexnv.
rtjnyoface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2010, 01:22   #3  |  Link
shon3i
BluRay Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtjnyoface
Seems a bit rude for great freeware. I think a request could be made with better manners.
I not think so. I have nothing against freeware, i respect both apps, and their developers, both apps are great and i use them every day. I am not trying to offend anyone, especialy not developers of this great applications, just saying that these application should handle this formats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtjnyoface
Then keep using dgindexnv
This is not solution, for people without nvidia cards, i open this thread, to find solution proper solution for everyone, and share my experience
Old 18th January 2010, 02:09   #4  |  Link
rtjnyoface
Constantly learning

Just out of curiosity what titles are they? And what region?
rtjnyoface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2010, 00:00   #5  |  Link
Kurtnoise
Swallowed in the Sea

why not posting a sample to help developpers ?
Kurtnoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2010, 01:01   #6  |  Link
shon3i
BluRay Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtjnyoface View Post
Just out of curiosity what titles are they? And what region?
It's region B, but titles are not on English, few east movies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtnoise
why not posting a sample to help developpers ?
Here is sample from DD test disc i get with my new audio reciver http://www.mediafire.com/?dwjoty0zkmd its 5.1 640kbps DDPlus. I don't know where to send if you know, send it for me because you are an developer and you're more in developer circles

Last edited by shon3i; 19th January 2010 at 01:04.
Old 19th January 2010, 05:25   #7  |  Link
jruggle

Thanks for the sample. It is the best I've seen so far of ac3 independent stream core+eac3 dependent stream, although I do wish I could come across something other than a Dolby demo. It really isn't worth it to spend the time to implement something if the only use is for testing purposes. It would be awesome if you could provide a clip from an actual movie. I don't care what language it's in.
jruggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2010, 23:43   #8  |  Link
shon3i
BluRay Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by jruggle
It really isn't worth it to spend the time to implement something if the only use is for testing purposes
I agree, but I think that the whole thing was not much hard to implement, is not much different from TrueHD for example roughly speaking . Aslo will be nice if we get one freeware DDPlus encoder with blu-ray capabilities. For me will be totaly replacment for Lossy encoding tracks, TrueHD will be awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by jruggle
It would be awesome if you could provide a clip from an actual movie. I don't care what language it's in.
I have two problems. First i don't know how to propertly cut it, i always get grabage. Second i have limited internet connection this month with slow upload speed, so i can't send much big files. But I sure in the future
Old 21st January 2010, 00:23   #9  |  Link
jruggle

Quote:
Originally Posted by shon3i View Post
I agree, but I think that the whole thing was not much hard to implement, is not much different from TrueHD for example roughly speaking .
Well, for one thing I don't think I know exactly what you're looking for. If you just want a copy of the core AC-3 part, I guess that would be a job for a demuxer like eac3to. Getting just the E-AC-3 part would be pretty much useless because, at least in the case of the sample you sent, it is a dependent stream which requires the core. If you want to do conversion/decoding/playback using both the core and dependent stream, then that's more complicated and requires changes to the decoder.

The dependent stream (the E-AC-3 part) can either replace the core channels, add to them, or do both. For example, the core could be a 5.1 downmix of a 7.1 stream, then the dependent stream could contain replacements for the 2 core surround channels, plus the extra 2 rear channels. The decoder would have to sort all this out.

Quote:
Aslo will be nice if we get one freeware DDPlus encoder with blu-ray capabilities. For me will be totaly replacment for Lossy encoding tracks, TrueHD will be awesome
E-AC-3 encoding is on my TODO list. So I'll do it eventually, unless somebody else does it first.
jruggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2010, 03:00   #10  |  Link
Brazil2

Quote:
Originally Posted by shon3i View Post
i don't know how to propertly cut it
Use Neuron2's DGSplit 1.1 and cut a 50 MB chunk.
Brazil2 is offline   Reply With Quote