Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Closed Thread

Old 8th January 2007, 14:14   #1841  |  Link
holzi

it's a standard xvid source. Nothing spezial.

2. Bug:
It's not possible to set the FPS. Megui overrights the setting instantly

Last edited by holzi; 8th January 2007 at 16:06.
Old 8th January 2007, 15:27   #1842  |  Link
rpp3po

Maxbitrate for level 3.2 incorrect

H.264 levels care about the selected profiles concerning max bitrate. For High Profile and 3.2 it's 25000, for Main 20000. MeGUI always uses 20000 regardless of the profile selected.
Old 8th January 2007, 15:46   #1843  |  Link
rpp3po

Maxbitrate doesn't care about selected profile

I must extend my previous post. It's not just level 3.2. MeGUI doesn't seem to care at all about the selected profile when calculating this.

I'm not able to produce a hardware compliant level 3 AVC in high profile up to 12,5 MBit/s. MeGUI limits this to 10 MBit/s because of that bug.

Last edited by rpp3po; 8th January 2007 at 15:59.
Old 9th January 2007, 00:20   #1844  |  Link
kurt
sidekick

MeGUI 0.2.4.1026 deleting job issue

when deleting a job in MeGUI this error arises:

the job history will be deleted completely!

then trying to exit MeGUI produces this:

At one point starting MeGUI again was only possible when deleting the corrupted job manually. But now I can't reproduce that....
Old 9th January 2007, 16:01   #1845  |  Link
TwoToad

I had the same issue as kurt. The only way out of megui is the Ctrl-Alt-Del and end process on megui. Just for reference, I would hold down the shift key while selecting multiple jobs then hit delete. That's when the errors popped up. I should try to just hit delete on the first job (which would delete all the jobs in that chain) to see if that works ok.... Can't test it right now, cause I'm busy encoding =)

Anyway, I'm here to report a possible bug. Not sure if it has been reported or not.

When I select the iPod 5.5G profile from the main screen, and then hit the Config button, the config screen loads the older iPod 5G profile. I'm not sure what happens when you hit AutoEncode, which profile it actually uses... My only solution was to delete the older ipod profile, and everything loads like it should now. *shrug* I'm not even sure if it was causing issues, or just an annoyance.
Old 10th January 2007, 05:16   #1846  |  Link
an3k

"Crop-Overlay" hidden after Preview

Hi,

this and the last build got this bug, dont know if older ones got it too (but there is at least one without).

I only had a d2v File (and, for sure the audio/video files). I opened the "AviSynth script creator" and selected/opened the file. First, i setup up resolution of the video, then i clicked "Preview". Now i want to change Cropping but i cant see the white Overlay to see where im cropping.

I closed the creator and opened it again. now i change Cropping first and now i can see the white Overlay.
If i click "Preview AVS Script" now, i cannot see the Overlay anymore.
Old 10th January 2007, 06:51   #1847  |  Link
vanger

0.2.4.1020 has the same bug with deleting jobs
Old 11th January 2007, 16:01   #1848  |  Link
bwlonsdale

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurt View Post
when deleting a job in MeGUI this error arises:

the job history will be deleted completely!

then trying to exit MeGUI produces this:

At one point starting MeGUI again was only possible when deleting the corrupted job manually. But now I can't reproduce that....
Yeah, I get exactly the same plus worse it appears to kill MeGUI altogether for me. I can't restart the program after it's been killed or even start it after a reboot. Only choice is uninstall and reinstall the entire app!

Bug report contains following info:-

EventType: clr203r3 P1: megui.exe P2: 0.2.4.1026 P3: 45999fde P4: system.window.forms P5: 2.0.0.0 P6: 4333aefa P7: 445d P8: 45 P9: system.argumentoutofrange
Old 11th January 2007, 16:25   #1849  |  Link
kurt
sidekick

@ bwlonsdale:
for me a complete reinstall was not needed. MeGUI started fine after I deleted the appropriate job in the megui/jobs folder.
Old 11th January 2007, 16:40   #1850  |  Link
Sharktooth
Mr. Sandman

Sorry guys but i cant update megui right now since im quite busy moving into my new home. In short time i will be without DSL connection until the ISP reactivates it on the new line.
Hope you can live with the actual bugs unless berrinam, doom9, dimzon or other devs fix them.

Last edited by Sharktooth; 11th January 2007 at 16:43.
Old 11th January 2007, 17:21   #1851  |  Link
an3k

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwlonsdale View Post
Yeah, I get exactly the same plus worse it appears to kill MeGUI altogether for me. I can't restart the program after it's been killed or even start it after a reboot. Only choice is uninstall and reinstall the entire app!
I have the same Bug. The Job History is NOT removed if MeGUI is currently processing a job but if megui jumps to the next job (eg. 2nd pass) an error occours and meguis quits.

You can make MeGUI running again by deleting the xml files containing the jobs (check the "jobs" directory in the MeGUI root directory)!

Good luck and a stressless time @ Shark
Old 11th January 2007, 19:29   #1852  |  Link
Warpman

if i added a job to the queue and try to re-edit it ( mark job and klick "Load"), nothing happends
Old 11th January 2007, 22:10   #1853  |  Link
chros

For me, if I have created jobs in megui (then encoding, exit megui), and after restarting megui: it complains about invalid jobs and the only way to restart it when I delete the job xml files from the jobs folder...

@Sharktooth: No problem, just do your own business ... And don't forget rest some time ...
Old 12th January 2007, 14:57   #1854  |  Link
~bT~
н∂-ƒαиαтι¢

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warpman View Post
if i added a job to the queue and try to re-edit it ( mark job and klick "Load"), nothing happends
reported that long time back...not sorted yet.
Old 13th January 2007, 02:49   #1855  |  Link
check
phjbdpcrjlj2sb3h

the job should be loaded into the main window, you can then edit it and click 'update'
Old 14th January 2007, 14:16   #1856  |  Link
Shinjite

guys I have having problems with the latest version
The problem is I can't load an avs file into megui, it would take a long time to decompress the video and then error occurs, saying that maybe my avisynth is not installed properly and etc. I even uninstall and installed the latest version of avisynth.

I tested the avs in MPC and even VDM and it works fine. Another problem is I can't open any of the video files in my comp, it would just shuts megui off and I need to reopen it again. Can someone help me on this?
Old 14th January 2007, 14:27   #1857  |  Link
kurt
sidekick

did you set the right program path for avisynth in MeGUI's options?
Old 14th January 2007, 14:39   #1858  |  Link
Shinjite

Yup the settings are all automatically set since I update the megui only from my previous versions, all of it can work previously
Old 16th January 2007, 06:50   #1859  |  Link
73ChargerFan

I found my first bug! (sorry if its been reported already.)

I used megui to convert a 51 minute 29.97fps mpg file to mp4 (took 8 hours!). But after muxing, I found that it had thought that the video was 24fps. I've traced it to the d2v file created from within megui.

I have dgindex installed to it's own directory, but hadn't yet used it. At install, it seems to default to forcing film for pulldowns; the setting is stored in dgindex.ini, which was used when I created the d2v file.

dgindex.ini defaults to force film for pulldowns:
Field_Operation=1

what I needed was for it to honor pulldown flags:
Field_Operation=0

I've set it back and forth, and get the same results. If set to 1, then the d2v mis-classifies my mpg video as being film. When set to 1, it correctly identifies it as video.

I don't know how important this is. I've been hacking away with this program for the better part of 2 months, and am now at a point where I can figure out why my videos aren't as good as I hope.

Thank you for a great program.

Last edited by 73ChargerFan; 16th January 2007 at 06:53.
Old 16th January 2007, 23:20   #1860  |  Link
dwallersv

Piling on...
  • Also encountered the job deletion issue
  • adaptive muxer seems to have a problem with xvid/mp3 output. When I do an autoencode, the xvid and lame encoding output is fine, but the muxed video output in the avi container is junk. File sizes (video+audio != muxed file) don't add up right. I can take the separate video and audo files and mux them with VDM and they're perfect.
  • Profiles don't import through the update process -- I get a blank selection window when asked to choose the profiles I want to import. This occurred twice with complete uninstall, intall/update passes. However, if I download the profile zips from the megui site and import them via the import command under the file menu, everything works fine.
  • Specifying output filenames/containers in various places doesn't "stick". For example, if I chood XVID, tell MeGUI to use the MP4 container, I still get an AVI for the video file.
Closed Thread