Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Audio encoding

Old 26th July 2021, 09:05   #1  |  Link
nivedhya
nivedhya

Mono Waves Mixing issue

I have some Mono wave Files which I mix using different softwares to Stereo & Multichannel Audio Files.

I have 2 sets of Mono wave Audio Tracks created from same Single Stereo Audio source but using different softwares.

Now I want to Compare those 2 Mono Audio Tracks one to One for Example C to C or Side to Side and analyse their difference in Qualities like Volume, Mix details etc., is there any software available?

Because I get lot of difference in output if I upmix both in Overall Quality.
nivedhya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2021, 19:18   #2  |  Link
Richard1485

Quote:
Originally Posted by nivedhya View Post
I have 2 sets of Mono wave Audio Tracks created from same Single Stereo Audio source but using different softwares.
You haven't stated what format this stereo file is or which software you are using, but if the software is decoding the file correctly, the output (absent additional processing) should be the same. To check this, you should be able to diff the output files.

For further analysis, you might give WAVTools a try (WAVDiff, WAVHistogram, WAVProbe, etc). But if the goal is to upmix to 5.1, the methods known to me can (and usually do) start with 2.0, so it's not clear why you want to split stereo to mono.

Last edited by Richard1485; 26th July 2021 at 19:23.
Old 30th July 2021, 10:52   #3  |  Link
nivedhya
nivedhya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1485 View Post
You haven't stated what format this stereo file is or which software you are using, but if the software is decoding the file correctly, the output (absent additional processing) should be the same. To check this, you should be able to diff the output files.

For further analysis, you might give WAVTools a try (WAVDiff, WAVHistogram, WAVProbe, etc). But if the goal is to upmix to 5.1, the methods known to me can (and usually do) start with 2.0, so it's not clear why you want to split stereo to mono.
Stereo File Quality - 44.1 KHz, 16 bits, 1411.2 Kb/s

I used Acoustica 7.3 which can do stem separation.

I used Audiomuxer & Audacity

Yes the goal is to upmix to 5.1 but don't want standard conversions. I need placement especially for surrounds my favorite stems & center bit brighter than L & R.

For surround Mix I use Mixpad Multitrack recording software.

Hope I have clarified
nivedhya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2021, 20:06   #4  |  Link
pandy

What is wrong with ffmpeg?
https://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/AudioCh...tion#a6mono5.1
pandy is offline   Reply With Quote