Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Audio encoding

Old 24th December 2020, 14:43   #41  |  Link
jlw_4049

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pringles View Post
Hi, thank you for you cool piece of software. It's really working as intended and fast. Since I'm always using the same job (AC3@512 stereo downmix), is there a way for FFMPEG Audio Encoder to load the last setting used on startup?
If you would mind putting it on the github tracker, I'll work on it very soon

Sent from my SM-G986U1 using Tapatalk
jlw_4049 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2021, 07:55   #42  |  Link
jlw_4049

Updating Release: v3.4
Quote:
Updates:
* Program is now uncompressed, this allows for a faster start and less chance of Windows detecting it as a false positive virus. The downside to this is the programs folder is a lot messier (You can just place program in a folder and create a shortcut to the .exe)
* Program now utilizes a new 'profiles.ini' file to save/read profiles

* All codecs now has a new toolbar menu labeled 'Options' with the following sub menu options 'Save Current Settings' and 'Reset Settings to Default'
-'Save Current Settings' will allow the user to save what ever settings they have selected in the codec audio window. Next time you open that audio codec, it will have -the exact same settings. (This does not save 'Track Selection', 'Custom Command Line', or 'Track Name' (If requested I could program these to be saved as well)
-'Reset Settings to Default' will revert the current selected codec back to default settings, close and then re-open the audio window with default settings. This will ---- -delete your profile with no way to get it back, aside from manually saving the new profile again.

* Moved Batch Processing Button into the 'Tools' section of the program
* Moved 'Show Command' in Batch Processing button's old spot

*Added a new button 'Auto Encode:...' in 'Show Commands' place
-This allows the user to encode the next file with the last options/codec used (This does not include Track selection, currently it defaults to Track 1 always) If requested I'll add this
* Modified the auto track selection code to allow a new feature:
* Program now supports displaying source file audio codec(s)
-This enables it to show the Track Number, Codec, Channels, and Bitrate in the drop down menu instead of the generic Track 1, Track 2

* Adjusted the code for View Streams selection, so the track counts always started at 1 instead of randomly at 0 or 2 depending on source
* Fixed code required for 'Input Button' to work correctly again (Drag and Drop worked fine, bug was only for manual input)

* Added a 'Status Label' to the bottom of the GUI:
-This updates when the user hovers the mouse over the buttons/menus in the main GUI giving them useful tips/commands in the 'Status Label'

* Added a new 'Right Click' menu to the 'Auto Encode:...' button:
-This new menu allows the user to open a small window to see the commands that was last used/that will be used with that button, in case the settings aren't what they want

* Set both entry boxes on the main GUI to disabled right away, this is just a quality of life fix, will not effect the user at all
* Slightly adjusted main GUI size
* Fixed bug with youtube-dl-gui
* Updated latest youtube-dl-gui to 1.4

Batch Encoder:
* Batch encoder now reads 'profiles.ini' - This currently only works with AC3/AAC
* Added AC3/AAC default settings to read from the Main Gui saved profile (If requested I'll program the batch GUI to have a separate profile)
* I haven't done any more work on the batch encoder yet

Last edited by jlw_4049; 6th March 2021 at 07:57.
Old 12th April 2021, 16:09   #43  |  Link
Audionut

Hi,

Thanks for this program, it is very handy.

I am having an issue where the audio settings are refusing to stick when hitting "apply".

If I use "options|save current settings", this appears to make the options stick, except track selection. Track selection refuses to stick to anything other then the default track #1.

Cheers.
Old 12th April 2021, 17:08   #44  |  Link
jlw_4049

Without saving the profile the options will reset to default each time the audio codec sub window is closed. Once you select apply in the window the program, the window closes and the program remembers all of the options you selected to encode with. If you re-open the window the program will automatically set the gui back to saved defaults (minus track and custom command lines) I can probably make the program remember the settings until the entire program is closed. This is something I haven't attempted yet.

When you press apply and choose view commands, does the program remember the correct commands?

Are you only referring to remember which track? The program defaults to track 1 by default, if you'd like I could make it retain the track as well. If you could post it as an issue on the github issues tracker, that would be helpful. This would require me to program it in.

Sent from my SM-G986U1 using Tapatalk
Old 14th April 2021, 02:01   #45  |  Link
Audionut

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlw_4049 View Post
I can probably make the program remember the settings until the entire program is closed.
This would seem to make sense. Thankyou.

Quote:
When you press apply and choose view commands, does the program remember the correct commands?
Yes, it does.

Quote:
Are you only referring to remember which track?
The initial problem I found, was that track #1 was being encoded, even though I had selected track #2.

However, I have been unable to replicate the issue so I could file a bug report at Git.
I tried different files, the original file. A different combination of when to choose the save file, vs when changing the audio settings. I cannot replicate the error.

File this one away as a dumb user error.

Cheers.

Tags
audio, encoder gui, ffmpeg, ffmpeg audio