Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 5th March 2011, 23:50   #1  |  Link
latet

PowerDVD8 - sound problem with BD disks

Hello,

I used multiAVCHD and prepared a BD disk with 10 titles - each made from a different kind of video file (it was meant to be same test).

All the .m2ts files that were created work great (video and audio) but only when I play them individually (even if I use PowerDVD8 to do it). Exception - clips with PCM audio play mute in PowerDVD8 (the play fine on Splash Lite).

But when I play it as BD disk (with menu, etc.) using PowerDVD8 - most of them play bad. The sound is kind of overdriven on all of the titles and there are also problems with video on some of them. The ones with PCM audio play with sound, but it is also "corrupted".

The problem looks the same, no matter if I play this BD from the physical BD disk or from the .iso image mounted by Virtual Clone Drive.

I also tested this BD disk on PS3, and there was no problem with audio or video.

My conclusion - since the .m2ts files themselves are fine and the whole BD compilations seems to be fine to (plays well on PS3) I suspect this is a problem with PowerDVD8. But some other BD disks and .iso images play OK on this player.

So I'm confused...

Thanks,

Latet
latet is offline   Reply With Quote