Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Newbies

Old 4th September 2012, 04:53   #1  |  Link
Estoneml

Blu ray to ipad with high resolution(more than 1080P)

Blu ray is increaingly popular today and I have lots of blu ray disc , recently i got a new ipad and the high resulution screen made me think that could I player my blu ray movie on ipad with high relolution?
I have search for a guide about how to do it , then i got this artticle:[spam link removed]
However, ipad hvae a 2048*1536 screen, any way to convert bluray to high resolution video for ipad ?

Last edited by Guest; 4th September 2012 at 14:40. Reason: 5
Estoneml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2012, 14:11   #2  |  Link
Reel.Deel

According to the specs, the IPad3 only accepts video up to 1080. Just for future reference, upscaling 1920x1080 video to 2048x1152 will have no real benefits at all.
For the width it's only an extra 128 pixels and for the height is only an extra 72 pixels. By upscaling, you will not notice the difference.
On the contrary, you will have slightly longer processing/encoding time and the final file size might end up being slightly bigger. IMO not worth it.
Reel.Deel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2012, 09:01   #3  |  Link
Estoneml

Thanks for your explain!
However, i couldn't get a 1080P video with my Blu ray ripper, the ripper has a ipad video shortcut option and it could only convert blu ray video to 1080*720 resolution in mp4 format.
Any way could i get a 1920*1080 video from my blu ray disc?
Estoneml is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ipad blu ray video