Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > VapourSynth

Closed Thread

Old 1st October 2019, 11:16   #61  |  Link
HolyWu

@Tima Thanks for testing.

Update r8:
  • Fix potential data races and crash issue.
Old 26th December 2019, 12:09   #62  |  Link
subterrestrial

seeking for help: I can't figure out what the problem is. When my OS was Win8.1, everything went fine, after installing Win10 LTSB 2016 as an OS, the NNEDI3CL won't work anymore, no matter how I reinstalled Python and VS with different versions.
The VS editor shows:
"Python exception: No attribute with the name nnedi3cl exists. Did you mistype a plugin namespace?
src = core.tdm.TDeintMod(clip, order=1, field=-1, mode=0, opt=3, edeint=core.nnedi3cl.NNEDI3CL(clip, field=1,nns=2))
File "src\cython\vapoursynth.pyx", line 1539, in vapoursynth.Core.__getattr__
AttributeError: No attribute with the name nnedi3cl exists. Did you mistype a plugin namespace?"
,while using nnedi3 like "core.tdm.TDeintMod(clip, order=1, field=-1, mode=0, opt=3, edeint=core.nnedi3.nnedi3(clip, field=1,nns=2))" shows no error. I changed python version from 3.7.1 to 3.7.5, VS version from 4.5 to 4.8, NNEDI3CL version from R6 to R8, the error report remained the same. Besides, I also tried installing and uninstalling both x86 and x64 version of VC++ redistributable 2005, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2019, but it still didn't work.
As not major in programming, I can't compiling the source code to a dll file in my own PC, so now I really met this problem that I don't know how to figure out myself, does anyone kindly do me a favour showing me how to solve the problem, I will really be grateful for it.

Last edited by subterrestrial; 26th December 2019 at 16:54.
Old 26th December 2019, 12:58   #63  |  Link
Selur

Have you tried loading the dll explicitly? using something like:
Code:
core.std.LoadPlugin(path="PATH TO THE .dll with slashes instead of backslashes")
Might be a problem with the auto loading,... (a problem with a dependency should throw another error)
Also znedi3 (https://github.com/sekrit-twc/znedi3) or NNEDI3CL (https://github.com/HomeOfVapourSynth...Synth-NNEDI3CL) might be worth a look.

Cu Selur
Old 26th December 2019, 16:54   #64  |  Link
subterrestrial

Thank you for your reply, I tried adding the code of loading NNEDI3CL.dll like this: core.std.LoadPlugin(r"D:\Programs\VapourSynth\plugins\NNEDI3CL.dll"), but the VS editor still teported error:
"Python exception: Failed to load D:\Programs\VapourSynth\plugins\NNEDI3CL.dll. GetLastError() returned 126. The file you tried to load or one of its dependencies is probably missing."
I have put nnedi3_weights.bin file in the same folder as NNEDI3CL.dll, since libnnedi3.dll also need this file and it works fine, I don't think nnedi3_weights.bin was the problem. Additionally, I also checked GPU-Z, it showed that my GPU driver already support openCL, actually, my GPU driver is the same as that used in win8.1 OS which support NNEDI3CL very well.
So, I exclude the nnedi3_weights.bin and GPU driver from the reason that might cause this problem. I guess there may be some compatible issues between win10 LTSB 2016 and NNEDI3CL.dll, it seems that I need to set up a new OS using the newest win10 version to find out if the OS was the problem. Anyway, thank you for such a quick reply, I don't expect it can be solved soon, since it has bothered me for quite a while.

Last edited by subterrestrial; 26th December 2019 at 17:02.
Old 27th December 2019, 03:44   #65  |  Link
HolyWu

Quote:
Originally Posted by subterrestrial View Post
seeking for help: I can't figure out what the problem is. When my OS was Win8.1, everything went fine, after installing Win10 LTSB 2016 as an OS, the NNEDI3CL won't work anymore, no matter how I reinstalled Python and VS with different versions.
The VS editor shows:
"Python exception: No attribute with the name nnedi3cl exists. Did you mistype a plugin namespace?
My wild guess is that OpenCL.dll can't be found on your system. Try reinstalling the latest display driver first.
Old 27th December 2019, 11:03   #66  |  Link
subterrestrial

It works, after I updated the GPU driver to a little newer version. Thank you. I really appreciate your help. Your wild guess hit the target directly. It never occured to me that opencl.dll in GPU driver may also cause compatible issues. It turned out that my reluctance to update GPU driver was the very cause that resulted in this annoying problem.
Old 17th October 2020, 13:41   #67  |  Link
neo_sapien

Hello, I'm new to using nnedi3cl and I'm trying to use it to enlarge from 480p to 960p. The content I'm using it on has already been made progressive in QTGMC earlier in my script, so I'm only using nnedi3cl to enlarge. Does this script look alright?

Code:
clip = core.nnedi3cl.NNEDI3CL(clip, field = 1, pscrn=2, nsize=4, qual =2, nns =4, dh=True, dw=True)
Old 2nd April 2021, 21:03   #68  |  Link
Jukus

What about nnedi3-vulkan, does that make sense?
Closed Thread