Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 31st May 2024, 20:53   #141  |  Link
Lowpro

Samaritan (2022)

I've decided going forward to always include simple menus when authoring a movie to Blu-ray. In the below example I included the trailer as well.

When returning to the TOP MENU the below prompt is given if the selected item can be resumed, otherwise playback starts immediately.

But wait, there's more! Included with the TOP MENU is a hidden option. Navigating left or right displays white bars above and below the 2.40:1 image area. Navigating left or right again hides the white bars.

For aspect ratios north or south of 1.78:1 I deploy physical projector screen masking. White bars above and below the 2.40:1 image area serve as a much better guide when moving my masking into place.

Last edited by Lowpro; 31st May 2024 at 21:49.
Lowpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2024, 03:21   #142  |  Link
Lowpro

Last Man Standing (2011-2021)

I just finished creating Blu-ray's for this TV series. Thought I'd share some eye candy with everyone.

(Click on the image above to view my online profile for this title.)

Pics of Seasons 1-9 as seen from My Movies for Windows Media Center and from my Blu-ray player...

(Click on the preview image above to view the full size image.)

Old 4th June 2024, 04:19   #143  |  Link
Lowpro

The Client List (2012-2013)

Another day, another TV series authored to Blu-ray. Eye candy provided below for your viewing pleasure.

As seen from My Movies for Windows Media Center...

As seen from my Blu-ray player...

Page 1 (Episodes 1-5):

Page 2 (Episodes 6-10):

As seen from My Movies for Windows Media Center...

As seen from my Blu-ray player...

Page 1 (Episodes 1-7):

Page 2 (Episodes 8-15):

Last edited by Lowpro; 4th June 2024 at 08:30.
Old 5th June 2024, 06:34   #144  |  Link
Lowpro

The Delta Force (1986)

I'm authoring some Chuck Norris movies to Blu-ray this week. Just finished the first of the Delta Force movies. End result shown below.

PLAY MOVIE:

(Navigating "LEFT/RIGHT" wraps around at either end.)

RESUME:

(When activating the "PLAY MOVIE" or "THEATRICAL TRAILER" option the above "RESUME" prompt is given if applicable. Navigating "LEFT/RIGHT", "UP" (...from the topmost item) or "DOWN" (...from the bottommost item) provides for backing out if needed.)

SUBTITLES (OFF):

(When navigating to the "SUBTITLES" option the current state of the subtitle track is displayed automatically. Pressing "OK" while selected provides for toggling subtitles "ON/OFF".)

SUBTITLES (ON):

(When navigating to the "SUBTITLES" option the current state of the subtitle track is displayed automatically. Pressing "OK" while selected provides for toggling subtitles "ON/OFF".)

POPUP MENU:

(The theatrical trailer can be accessed from both the POPUP MENU and TOP MENU. Playback of the feature presentation automatically resumes when the theatrical trailer is played via the above POPUP MENU. During playback of the theatrical trailer there's a separate POPUP MENU, a POPUP MENU that contains no graphics. When enabled you're automatically taken back where you had come from, i.e. the feature presentation or TOP MENU.)

Included with both the TOP MENU and POPUP MENU is a hidden option. Navigating "UP" at any time from the main level of either menu displays white bars above and below the 1.85:1 area of the image as shown below. Navigating "UP" again hides the white bars.

For aspect ratios north or south of 1.78:1 I deploy physical projector screen masking. White bars above and below the 1.85:1 image area serve as a much better guide when moving my masking into place.

And here is a copy of the Blu-ray folder (97.6 MB) minus the M2TS files for the feature presentation (00001.m2ts) and theatrical trailer (00002.m2ts) in the event anyone would like to look things over in BDedit. The menus can be accessed in BDedit by going to the CLIPINF tab, selecting the given CLPI file (99000=TOP MENU | 99001=POPUP MENU for Feature Presentation | 99002=POPUP MENU for Theatrical Trailer), then pressing the MENU button.

Last edited by Lowpro; 7th June 2024 at 03:13.
Old 6th June 2024, 09:18   #145  |  Link
Lowpro

Delta Force 2 (1990)

I just authored another Chuck Norris movie to Blu-ray. Quite pleased with the end result. Eye candy provided below for your viewing pleasure.

PLAY MOVIE:

RESUME:

(When activating the "PLAY MOVIE" or "THEATRICAL TRAILER" option the above "RESUME" prompt is given if applicable. Navigating "LEFT/RIGHT", "UP" (...from the topmost item) or "DOWN" (...from the bottommost item) provides for backing out if needed.)

SUBTITLES (OFF):

SUBTITLES (ON):

POPUP MENU:

(The theatrical trailer can be accessed from both the POPUP MENU and TOP MENU. Playback of the feature presentation automatically resumes when the theatrical trailer is played via the above POPUP MENU. During playback of the theatrical trailer there's a separate POPUP MENU, a POPUP MENU that contains no graphics. When enabled you're automatically taken back where you had come from, i.e. the feature presentation or TOP MENU.)

Included with both the TOP MENU and POPUP MENU is a hidden option. Navigating "UP" at any time displays white bars above and below the 1.85:1 area of the image as shown below. Navigating "UP" again hides the white bars.

For aspect ratios north or south of 1.78:1 I deploy physical projector screen masking. White bars above and below the 1.85:1 image area serve as a much better guide when moving my masking into place.

And here is a copy of the Blu-ray folder (43.4 MB) minus the M2TS files for the feature presentation (00001.m2ts) and theatrical trailer (00002.m2ts) in the event anyone would like to look things over in BDedit. The menus can be accessed in BDedit by going to the CLIPINF tab, selecting the given CLPI file (99000=TOP MENU | 99001=POPUP MENU for Feature Presentation | 99002=POPUP MENU for Theatrical Trailer), then pressing the MENU button.

Last edited by Lowpro; 7th June 2024 at 07:06.
Old 7th June 2024, 17:30   #146  |  Link
musiclover

Is there an easy way to use the copy of the DELTA_FORCE_2 Blu-ray folder for my own movie?
How do I replace the picture of Chuck Norris to my own picture?
musiclover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2024, 19:25   #147  |  Link
Lowpro

Quote:
Originally Posted by musiclover View Post
Is there an easy way to use the copy of the DELTA_FORCE_2 Blu-ray folder for my own movie?
How do I replace the picture of Chuck Norris to my own picture?
Hi Musiclover. Yes, you could certainly do that. It's easy to do. There are a number of steps involved however. I can chime back in this evening outlining the process if you like.
Old 8th June 2024, 10:18   #148  |  Link
musiclover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowpro View Post
Hi Musiclover. Yes, you could certainly do that. It's easy to do. There are a number of steps involved however. I can chime back in this evening outlining the process if you like.
Thanks. I would like that very much.
Old 10th June 2024, 05:07   #149  |  Link
Lowpro

Mr. Mom (1983)

Here's the latest and greatest. The menus in this case mirror what I did for "Delta Force 2". For the TOP MENU I decided to increase the fun factor by making it appear as if the cast members are straddling the menu items. End result shown below.

PLAY MOVIE:

RESUME:

SUBTITLES (OFF):

SUBTITLES (ON):

POPUP MENU:

Included with both the TOP MENU and POPUP MENU is a hidden option. Navigating "UP" at any time displays white bars above and below the 1.85:1 area of the image as shown below. Navigating "UP" again hides the white bars.

And here is a copy of the Blu-ray folder (19.3 MB) minus the M2TS files for the feature presentation (00001.m2ts) and theatrical trailer (00002.m2ts) in the event anyone would like to look things over in BDedit. The menus can be accessed in BDedit by going to the CLIPINF tab, selecting the given CLPI file (99000=TOP MENU | 99001=POPUP MENU for Feature Presentation | 99002=POPUP MENU for Theatrical Trailer), then pressing the MENU button.

Last edited by Lowpro; Yesterday at 07:09.
Old 10th June 2024, 15:59   #150  |  Link
musiclover

Quote:
Quote:
Thanks. I would like that very much.
Hello Lowpro,
Did you forget me?
Old Today, 04:26   #151  |  Link
Lowpro

Quote:
Hello Lowpro,
Did you forget me?
No, I didn't forget you. I just haven't gotten around to it. I started working up a reply the other day, but had to turn my attention to something else. Since then I've chosen to do other things with my spare time. No promises, but I'll try to get a reply back to you outlining the steps involved by week's end.

Last edited by Lowpro; Today at 04:46.
Old Today, 04:46   #152  |  Link
Lowpro

Hollow Man (2000)

I continue to use the same Blu-ray menu layout featured in my last several posts. For this movie I included a couple theatrical trailers which play back to back when selecting the "THEATRICAL TRAILERS" option.

PLAY MOVIE:

RESUME:

(When activating the "PLAY MOVIE" or "THEATRICAL TRAILERS" option the above "RESUME" prompt is given if applicable. Navigating "LEFT/RIGHT", "UP" (...from the topmost item) or "DOWN" (...from the bottommost item) provides for backing out if needed.)

SUBTITLES (OFF):

SUBTITLES (ON):

POPUP MENU:

(The theatrical trailers can be accessed from both the POPUP MENU and TOP MENU. Playback of the feature presentation automatically resumes when the theatrical trailers are played via the above POPUP MENU. During playback of the theatrical trailers there's a separate POPUP MENU, a POPUP MENU that contains no graphics. When enabled you're automatically taken back where you had come from, i.e. the feature presentation or TOP MENU.)

And here is a copy of the Blu-ray folder (11.8 MB) minus the M2TS files for the feature presentation (00001.m2ts) and theatrical trailers (00002.m2ts, 00003.m2ts) in the event anyone would like to look things over in BDedit. The menus can be accessed in BDedit by going to the CLIPINF tab, selecting the given CLPI file (99000=TOP MENU | 99001=POPUP MENU for Feature Presentation | 99002=POPUP MENU for Theatrical Trailer), then pressing the MENU button.
Old Today, 08:34   #153  |  Link
musiclover

Quote:
No, I didn't forget you. I just haven't gotten around to it. I started working up a reply the other day, but had to turn my attention to something else. Since then I've chosen to do other things with my spare time. No promises, but I'll try to get a reply back to you outlining the steps involved by week's end.
Thank you for your answer. I just had to make sure.