Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players

Old 3rd April 2015, 00:02   #1  |  Link
Warner306

Kodi DSPlayer - DirectShow Player for Windows featuring madVR Support

Kodi DSPlayer is a media player for Windows designed to integrate into the existing Kodi Entertainment Center software.

This branch has been active for years, but recent upgrades to the player have brought support for madVR rendering and XySubFilter. The player can be customized to use a range of DirectShow filters as specified by the user.

For those interested, the links below should get you started:

Last edited by Warner306; 8th April 2015 at 05:59.
Warner306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2015, 00:37   #2  |  Link
Milardo

Hi, does Kodi DSPlayer work by itself, portable/can be used as a standalone media player? Is there a gui interface?
Milardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2015, 01:19   #3  |  Link
huhn

it's KODI/XBMC with a directshow player that give you the possibility to use directshow filter in KODI.

it can work by it self and yes it has a GUI.
huhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2015, 01:41   #4  |  Link
Warner306

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milardo View Post
Hi, does Kodi DSPlayer work by itself, portable/can be used as a standalone media player? Is there a gui interface?
It is not a desktop player like MPC, which is far better at this job. If you want to use the player, you must also use Kodi. I like Kodi, so I like DSPlayer.
Old 17th April 2015, 22:18   #5  |  Link
dylan05021986

realy interesting

very interesting can this play most types
Old 18th April 2015, 06:30   #6  |  Link
Warner306

Quote:
Originally Posted by dylan05021986 View Post
very interesting can this play most types
Yes, DSPlayer will play almost all file types, with the exception of Blu-ray ISOs.
Old 2nd May 2015, 07:43   #7  |  Link
RainyDog

Now this looks very interesting.

I currently use Kodi for the interface and cataloging plus MPC-BE/madVR as an external player. I'm happy enough with it as a set-up but launching an external player does feel a bit...detached.

Am I right in thinking this Kodi build will look and act like it's using the internal Kodi video player but with madVR rendering under the hood?
RainyDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2015, 09:53   #8  |  Link
huhn

yes, that's right.
huhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2015, 19:42   #9  |  Link
RainyDog

I've got this just about set-up and it's almost absolutely ideal. But...I can't seem to get NNEDI3 to work properly with it! Video is just red and black when I activate NNEDI3, turning it off and using any of the regular upscalers reverts the colours back to normal.

This doesn't occur when playing a video when using MPC-BE with madVR, so any idea what it could be? I've tried toggling the manage madVR settings through the GUI of Kodi option but doesn't change anything unfortunately.

Thanks.
RainyDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2015, 19:08   #10  |  Link
Warner306

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainyDog View Post
I've got this just about set-up and it's almost absolutely ideal. But...I can't seem to get NNEDI3 to work properly with it! Video is just red and black when I activate NNEDI3, turning it off and using any of the regular upscalers reverts the colours back to normal.

This doesn't occur when playing a video when using MPC-BE with madVR, so any idea what it could be? I've tried toggling the manage madVR settings through the GUI of Kodi option but doesn't change anything unfortunately.

Thanks.
I haven't heard of this problem. You should update your copy of madVR to the most recent version. If this problem persists, please post a debug log in the DSPlayer forum. This sounds like something that should be fixed.

How to Capture a madVR crash report