Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 12th December 2019, 16:19   #18001  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

DEBUG2 -> https://www.mediafire.com/file/zat5j...lient.exe/file

send all txt files with THREAD word in file name

Test with disabled auto reconnect option as well.
Atak_Snajpera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2019, 20:17   #18002  |  Link
slalom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryushin View Post
It hung before the encode completed. Abort results in a hard hang for the Encoding Client and must be killed using the Task Manager.
I get a lot of these too. I have to kill it and reload the file because it won't restart

And a lot of times, I loose the progress on a job when I restart it
slalom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2019, 09:04   #18003  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

Sometimes I suspect a Windows background process (e.g. Explorer thumbnailers or resident AV) locking access in the worst moments, and just even long enough to ruin the timing of another application... speculation, true. But there are results like being unable to delete a directory for several minutes which is already empty.

New German Gleitz board
MediaFire: x264 | x265 | VPx | AOM | Xvid
LigH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2019, 10:19   #18004  |  Link
Pauly Dunne
Grumpy Old Man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atak_Snajpera View Post
DEBUG2 -> https://www.mediafire.com/file/zat5j...lient.exe/file

send all txt files with THREAD word in file name
OK, so after a strange day of testing, please find what you requested, here:-

https://www.mediafire.com/file/fi8yy...reads.rar/file

4 different tests, 2 different results, I hope you can find what you're looking for. Please read the .txt file for explanations.

You know, what LigH has just posted could well be a factor, as sometimes, if a job fails, and you happen to try it again without change, quite often it will then encode to completion with no more errors.

One thing I really liked about this debug2 was the chunk counter at the top of the page...could that stay ??

Last edited by Pauly Dunne; 13th December 2019 at 10:52.
Pauly Dunne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2019, 13:57   #18005  |  Link
jfisher1740

Edit: Logs linked below for same issue as previously described. Made it about 25% way through the encode.

Edit 2: FWIW, This encode ran to completion with no issue with the exact same settings but with DE turned off.

Attempted to post a link to my logs but my post requires moderator approval??

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8y4ar85e1f...20Logs.7z?dl=0

Last edited by jfisher1740; 13th December 2019 at 18:52.
jfisher1740 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2019, 14:11   #18006  |  Link
Pauly Dunne
Grumpy Old Man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfisher1740 View Post
Edit: This worked. Logs linked below for same issue as previously described. Made it about 25% way through the encode.

Edit 2: FWIW, This encode ran to completion with no issue with the exact same settings but with DE turned off.

Attempted to post a link to my logs but my post requires moderator approval??

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8y4ar85e1f...20Logs.7z?dl=0
There certainly seems to be some random inconsistancy with this current problem.

What I had a problem with one time, is OK the next...
Old 13th December 2019, 19:54   #18007  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauly Dunne View Post
There certainly seems to be some random inconsistancy with this current problem.

What I had a problem with one time, is OK the next...
Check this version -> https://www.mediafire.com/file/ytu0l...w/Core.7z/file

Replace ALL files in Ripbot264 main folder! Also make sure that ALL PC have EncodingServer.exe v1.16.3
Old 13th December 2019, 21:34   #18008  |  Link
slalom

Quote:
Also make sure that ALL PC have EncodingServer.exe v1.16.3
v1.16.3??
Where can I find that? I'm at v1.16.2
Old 13th December 2019, 21:37   #18009  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:
Originally Posted by slalom View Post
v1.16.3??
Where can I find that? I'm at v1.16.2
Have you at least downloaded that .7z file?
Old 13th December 2019, 21:41   #18010  |  Link
slalom

I just did. Is it auto-updated?
Old 13th December 2019, 21:47   #18011  |  Link
slalom

Nevermind, it is there
Old 14th December 2019, 01:44   #18012  |  Link
Pauly Dunne
Grumpy Old Man.

Quote:
Check this version -> https://www.mediafire.com/file/ytu0l...w/Core.7z/file

Replace ALL files in Ripbot264 main folder! Also make sure that ALL PC have EncodingServer.exe v1.16.3
Will give it good try, today...

And it looks like you've disabled autoupdate, for the time being, as I just got a LOT of errors & url's in the text.

EDIT:-

OK, so I got the new "core.7z", followed instructions, updated ALL the servers, and the client I was going to use to test.

Loaded a big Job (Lord of the Rings Pt 2 Ext), and set it in motion.

It was going pretty well (except for a couple of very minor hiccups, not really related to the current situation), then approx 54 %, it all came to a halt

So these screenshots are kind of self explanatory, and also have notes of each one, so they need to be viewed in order (1st, 2nd & 3rd)

https://www.mediafire.com/file/786io...ockup.rar/file

Anyway, I did get it to complete, but not in one attempt.

Last edited by Pauly Dunne; 14th December 2019 at 07:34.
Pauly Dunne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2019, 14:23   #18013  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauly Dunne View Post
Will give it good try, today...

And it looks like you've disabled autoupdate, for the time being, as I just got a LOT of errors & url's in the text.

EDIT:-

OK, so I got the new "core.7z", followed instructions, updated ALL the servers, and the client I was going to use to test.

Loaded a big Job (Lord of the Rings Pt 2 Ext), and set it in motion.

It was going pretty well (except for a couple of very minor hiccups, not really related to the current situation), then approx 54 %, it all came to a halt

So these screenshots are kind of self explanatory, and also have notes of each one, so they need to be viewed in order (1st, 2nd & 3rd)

https://www.mediafire.com/file/786io...ockup.rar/file

Anyway, I did get it to complete, but not in one attempt.
Another version -> https://www.mediafire.com/file/009c7...CoreV2.7z/file
Old 14th December 2019, 14:33   #18014  |  Link
Pauly Dunne
Grumpy Old Man.

Quote:
Excellent....I have downloaded this, but it's well after midnight here, so I'm off...

Will test later today, and get back to you.

PS:- I guess the same instruction as the previous ??
Old 14th December 2019, 15:44   #18015  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:
Excellent....I have downloaded this, but it's well after midnight here, so I'm off...
You must be living in central part of Australia (Darwin?) then...

Last edited by Atak_Snajpera; 14th December 2019 at 15:47.
Old 14th December 2019, 23:58   #18016  |  Link
Ripmann

Hey again. I have a few other potential minor quality-of-life features suggestions to consider. #1 definitely seems like it might be way more trouble than it's worth, but #2 could be a neat little time-saver that shouldn't take much to implement:

1) Demuxing/indexing often takes a lot of time, especially for untouched Blu-Rays. Most of that time, I already know what encoding options I'd like to use when it's done (add custom subs, set to 2-pass with a lock size, copy audio stream, adjust the output name, and so on), but the job's menu is fully grayed out and unavailable until the process is complete.

What I was thinking of is an optional setting like "Allow Job Editing During Demuxing" (perhaps with a "use at your own risk" kind of a tooltip) that would allow to edit some of the the job's aspects while it was still busy.

Obviously, depending on how you have things set up, it could be not worth it to even consider, but theoretically, you could keep some of these job's options unlocked during demuxing, so the user has something to do while waiting. The output's file name doesn't require demuxing and could be populated and unlocked for editing immediately. The video mode settings don't require input either. You can set up everything except the AviSynth stuff (crop, preview, resize, etc.), which can be indivisually locked (grayed out) until the demuxing process is done. The subs menu could allow adding custom subs right away. If the demuxing process allows prioritizing tracks, it could also extract the embedded subs first, get the subs menu unlocked, and then start to work on the audio and video. The audio profile is a bit trickier since it samples the input track to provide the options. Again, theoretically, you could either a) unlock only the common settings like "2.0" and "copy stream" or b) unlock everything, and then if the user selects "5.1 640kbps" but the demuxed track turns out to be 2.0 and incompatible, the setting could reset to default or something like that. Hope you get the idea.

2) Adding SRT subtitles that don't indicate their language in their filenames causes their language show as "[und] Undetermined" and force you to find your preferred language from the list, which is a little time consuming. Especially since for most people, it'll be the same main language they use in their subs most of the time anyway. How about something like a "Default/Preferred Subtitle Language" option that would auto-set the language of all "undetermined" subs to the preferred one? If your preferred language is English, every Undetermined subtitle auto-sets to "[Eng] English", and so on. If needed, one could also make a note (or like a small exclamation mark) next to selection, indicating that it was deemed "undetermined" and auto-set to the preferred language set in the options.

Oh and by the way, happy holidays, man. Thanks for making all our lives a little bit easier.
Ripmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2019, 00:03   #18017  |  Link
Ripmann

Hey again. I have a few other potential minor quality-of-life features suggestions to consider. #1 definitely seems like it might be way more trouble than it's worth, but #2 could be a neat little time-saver that shouldn't take much to implement:

1) Demuxing/indexing often takes a lot of time, especially for untouched Blu-Rays. Most of that time, I already know what encoding options I'd like to use when it's done (add custom subs, set to 2-pass with a lock size, copy audio stream, adjust the output name, and so on), but the job's menu is fully grayed out and unavailable until the process is complete.

What I was thinking of is an optional setting like "Allow Job Editing During Demuxing" (perhaps with a "use at your own risk" kind of a tooltip) that would allow to edit some of the the job's aspects while it was still busy.

Obviously, depending on how you have things set up, it could be not worth it to even consider, but theoretically, you could keep some of these job's options unlocked during demuxing, so the user has something to do while waiting. The output's file name doesn't require demuxing and could be populated and unlocked for editing immediately. The video mode settings don't require input either. You can set up everything except the AviSynth stuff (crop, preview, resize, etc.), which can be indivisually locked (grayed out) until the demuxing process is done. The subs menu could allow adding custom subs right away. If the demuxing process allows prioritizing tracks, it could also extract the embedded subs first, get the subs menu unlocked, and then start to work on the audio and video. The audio profile is a bit trickier since it samples the input track to provide the options. Again, theoretically, you could either a) unlock only the common settings like "2.0" and "copy stream" or b) unlock everything, and then if the user selects "5.1 640kbps" but the demuxed track turns out to be 2.0 and incompatible, the setting could reset to default or something like that. Hope you get the idea.

2) Adding SRT subtitles that don't indicate their language in their filenames causes their language show as "[und] Undetermined" and force you to find your preferred language from the list, which is a little time consuming. Especially since for most people, it'll be the same main language they use in their subs most of the time anyway. How about something like a "Default/Preferred Subtitle Language" option that would auto-set the language of all "undetermined" subs to the preferred one? If your preferred language is English, every Undetermined subtitle auto-sets to "[Eng] English", and so on. If needed, one could also make a note (or like a small exclamation mark) next to selection, indicating that it was deemed "undetermined" and auto-set to the preferred language set in the options.

Oh and by the way, happy holidays, man. Thanks for making all our lives a little bit easier.
Ripmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2019, 00:50   #18018  |  Link
Pauly Dunne
Grumpy Old Man.

Quote:
You must be living in central part of Australia (Darwin?) then...
Well, you've got the correct country, but guessing the East Coast & Sydney would have been a lot closer.
Old 15th December 2019, 07:40   #18019  |  Link
Pauly Dunne
Grumpy Old Man.

Quote:
OK, well, I tried the latest corev2, and have attached some more screenshots & error msg's.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/y5qs4...19%29.rar/file

I really only had 2 problems, a 4K movie I want to do, failed to get going, twice in a row (there's an error msg for that).

It stalled out on a short'ish encode, wouldn't abort, had to "kill" it, but it completed after an RB restart.

Then I loaded the 3rd "Lord Of The Rings" movies, extended version, 262, 1 minute chunks !!!

Had 2 servers helping, processed without any issue, I stopped it at chunk 175, will continue tomorrow. Used the button to control the servers, then manually stopped the clients chunks, as they finished.

So that's about it, not sure what might be left to tweak, but it seems very close.
Old 15th December 2019, 09:14   #18020  |  Link
GZZ

I had an issue with one episode of south park Im trying to reencode. I dont know why it failed. But I got confussed on the name of the log file and its content. See image and please note the filename of the log file and its content dosnt match.

Screenshot: https://imge.to/i/vM4esU

Error log file is: South Park Season 2 - Disc 2_t09.mkv.Error.txt but contains errors about the Job36 which is file: South Park Season 2 - Disc 1_t03.mkv - how can that be and It makes me thinking why it failed, as I cant see anything wrong with the files in job36, but I do mis this file in the chunks folder that indicate it has finished: DE_Log_Pass1.txt, but all chunks is there with its X.txt log file saying it has finished (just checked them all).

Did a bit more research and found this in the EncodingProgress.Pass1 file

Quote:
T1 0,2875 192.168.1.102:1000 -> encoded 2876 frames, 15.71 fps, 4036 kbps
T2 2876,5736 192.168.1.81:1000 -> encoded 2861 frames, 15.29 fps, 2233 kbps
T3 5737,8624 192.168.1.81:2000 -> encoded 2888 frames, 16.10 fps, 2002 kbps
T4 8625,11503 192.168.1.81:2000 -> encoded 2879 frames, 17.30 fps, 1803 kbps
T5 11504,14392 192.168.1.102:1000 -> encoded 2889 frames, 24.61 fps, 1954 kbps
T6 14393,17265 192.168.1.81:1000 -> encoded 2873 frames, 16.37 fps, 2342 kbps
T7 17266,20158 192.168.1.102:1000 -> encoded 2893 frames, 24.75 fps, 1306 kbps
T8 20159,23029 192.168.1.81:2000 -> [41.8%] 1199/2871 frames, 16.39 fps, 1371 kbps, eta 0:01:42
T9 23030,25911 192.168.1.81:1000 -> [31.3%] 903/2882 frames, 16.10 fps, 1797 kbps, eta 0:02:02
T10 25912,28792 QueueT11 28793,33863 Queue
But when I look a 8.txt and 9.txt both of them says:

8.txt - encoded 2871 frames, 16.80 fps, 1532 kbps
9.txt - encoded 2882 frames, 17.54 fps, 1533 kbps

Not sure about T10 + T11 but they has also finished if I look at 10.txt and 11.txt log file.

It seems the EncodingProgress.Pass1 log is created before encoding has finished on all chunks. This could be the reason the Video.265 file didnt exists, because if it runs CombineAllChunks.cmd before all chunks has finished it will not output a video.265 file and thats why my log file says "cant open file for reading" with the mkvtoolnix script.

Last edited by GZZ; 15th December 2019 at 09:52.
GZZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
264, 265, appletv, avchd, bluray, gui, iphone, ipod, ps3, psp, ripbot264, x264 2-pass, x264 gui, x264_64, x265, xbox360