Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Closed Thread

Old 7th September 2015, 09:41   #601  |  Link
tomilein

Hello

i have a Question to add second Subtile (forced).

I must editing the _ENCODE_3D_MOVIE.avs right?

I can see:

Code:
# Hardcode subtitles
#VobSub("00098.track_4617.Deu.3D.sub")
SupTitle("00098.track_4617.Deu.3D.sup")
How do I add correctly the second Subtitle?

Code:
# Hardcode subtitles
#VobSub("second.track_4617.Deu.3D.sub")
SupTitle("second.track_4617.Deu.3D.sup")
or

Code:
# Hardcode subtitles
SupTitle("second.track_4617.Deu.3D.sup")
?
Old 7th September 2015, 10:32   #602  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

The AVS script is used only to hardcode the subtitles over the video. And IMO it doesn't make sense to hardcode two subtitle tracks at the same time. If it's really what you want to do, the two examples in your code above are correct, but take in mind that the subtitles will probably be placed at the same position on screen (unless they are at different positions in the original BD). Note that the lines beginning with # within the AVS script are comments and are ignored. Therefore, the two ways are strictly equivalent.

If you want to mux a new sybtitle stream (to be able to select it with the remote), you should edit the _MUX_3D_OPTIONS.txt file. It contains the definitions of the subtitle streams (and the other streams). Simply copy one of the existing subtitle definition, and modify it according to your needs. You should edit the Title, the language, and of course, the file name (the last line in the "paragraph"). Take care also: you cannot define two subtitles streams as "default" at the same time, so if a stream has already the option --default-track 0:yes, you must use 0:no for the new track.

If you have MkvToolnix installed on your computer, you can also use the MKVToolnix GUI (or the MkvMerge GUI "mmg.exe") to load the MKV file produced by BD3D2MK3D, add your own subtitle file, modify its parameters (such as the language) and remux the file as a new MKV. That's much easier.

Note that you must define the character encoding if your subtitle stream is a SRT file (or other text based subtitle format), or elsewhere some special characters like the apostrophe or accented characters will not be correctly displayed. You don't need to specify that if you use a graphic format such as BD SUP or IDX/SUB.
Old 7th September 2015, 11:50   #603  |  Link
tomilein

Thanks for Answer, i have see the Options in the _MUX_3D_OPTIONS.txt

Thank You an have nice Day
Old 9th September 2015, 16:09   #604  |  Link
Airmiles

Version 73 anywhere near completion yet :-)
I am a very patient guy, so please don't take this the wrong way. I am just asking :-)
I remain mightily appreciative of all you have done for us already.
Old 9th September 2015, 16:44   #605  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

What new feature do you expect? The possibility to encode the 2D version? I haven't implemented that yet.
Currently, there are only a few minor modifications, and IMO it is too early to release a new version now.
Old 10th September 2015, 01:03   #606  |  Link
brochild

hello r0lZ
I really appreciate your work, and have been using for a while now.
Is it possible to modify this tool to use with regular Blu-ray?
I have been using tsmuxer to demux regular Blu-ray, then mux the files to create an ISO image, then use handbrake to convert the image to mkv.
This whole process is tedious and time consuming.
Whereas, if we can use a modified version of your tool (for 2D Blu-ray), its a one step process, and the MKV conversion seems faster.
Old 10th September 2015, 08:26   #607  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Hum, sorry, but no. BD3D2MK3D is really a tool to convert 3D to MKV, and it has so many 3D-specific things that it is very difficult to change it to support 2D also. Furthermore, adding a 2D option will be confusing and complicated. And I'm not sure I want to create another, different tool to process the 2D movies only.

But you can easily encode and mux to MKV yourself. There is no need to create an intermediate ISO image. I use 2 different methods, depending of the structure of the movie I want to encode to MKV. The two methods require something to decrypt the original BD (like AnyDVD HD), MkvToolnix and a GUI to re-encode to h264 (like Lord Mulder's Simple x264 Launcher). You need a demuxer only for the second method.

If the movie is made of a single M2TS file (not nulti-angle with seamless branching), I do this:
1. - I open the M2TS in MkvToolnix GUI (or, if you prefer, in the older MkvMerge GUI), and I mux the streams I want to keep to a lossless MKV file. (You have to specify the languages of the audio and subtitle streams manually.)
2. - I open that lossless MKV file in the Simple x264 Launcher and I re-encode the video to h264. (I don't think it's possible if you want to encode to h265, but I have not verified.)
3. - I load the lossless MKV into MkvToolnix/MkvMerge GUI, and I replace the video stream with the re-encoded stream. (It is usually necessary to specify the frame rate, unless you have specified it to x264 in step 2). Then I remux the streams to the final MKV.
That's all folks!

If the movie is made of several M2TS files (multi-angle), there are 3 solutions. The simplest one is to simply encode each part independently (with points 1 and 2 above), then use MkvToolnix/MkvMerge GUI to join the part together and output the final MKV. However, that method is not perfect, because it introduces small delay problems at the joints. They are usually not perceptible if the movie has only 2 or 3 parts, but if it is made of numerous parts (like some Disney/Pixar movies) it's not recommended. In that case, I prefer to demux the MPLS file (you can use tsMuxeR or eac3to to do that, but eac3to is easier and it works well as long as the source is in 2D or if you don't need the subtitles). Then, you have to mux at least the video track to lossless MKV and encode it normally as explained above. Finally, you should mux the video, audio, subtitles and chapters to the final MKV file. There is also another solution for these difficult cases: use MakeMKV to generate the lossless MKV. It takes care of everything automatically, but it is not free and often it requires to analyse the movie during an extremely slow operation. (BTW, I have never understood why it's necessary. IMO, muxing directly with MkvMerge/MkvToolnix gives exactly the same result, as long as the original BD has been correctly decrypted.)

The method to process multi-angle movies is somewhat more tedious, but it works, and in both cases it's much more rapid than having to create an intermediate ISO. The key is that most builds of x264 can decode an existing MKV file to re-encode it. You cannot re-encode directly the M2TS because even if x264 accepts it, it doesn't decode it properly. It's why you have to do step 1 to convert the M2TS (or MPLS) to MKV first.

IMO, 3 manual steps to convert and re-encode a BD movie to MKV doesn't seem too complicated. Also, I suppose that there are other tools to re-encode a BD to MKV with x264 (although I don't know them because I have never needed them), and I don't want to reinvent the wheel.

To encode a 3D movie to 2D MKV, you can use BD3D2MK3D. When the project is ready, use _MUX_2D.cmd to mux to the lossless MKV automatically, and then follow points 2 and 3 above. I will add the possibility to re-encode automatically soon...

Last edited by r0lZ; 10th September 2015 at 08:38.
Old 11th September 2015, 00:12   #608  |  Link
brochild

Thanks r0lZ for he quick reply
What can I say, you spoiled me
The methods above are not tedious - I was only being lazy and wanted a one-click approach.
Love your BD3D2MKV3D tool - keep up the good work.
Old 11th September 2015, 10:11   #609  |  Link
SpasV

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigotti5 View Post
An OFS file is only usefull if there are no depth values in dependent stream or you want to create new values.
Remultiplexing in Scenarist keeps all original depth values - no need for an OFS file.
Just assign original 3D plane to corresponding pg stream.
I've got a problem whith RED_BIRD_3D_WW (an Avatar 3D release).
The soundtrack's I see you (after the last movie's subtitle) lyric was part of the subtitles stream at the end of the movie. It was impossible to extract the subtitles because of stream's discontinuity and aborted demux.

I've lost this release and the only way to restore its .mvc would be if I had the tools to:
- edit the original .ofs so as to add the I see you subtitles (with a constant depth, for example),
- to embed the edited .ofs in an Avatar's .mvc

So, r0lZ, can you help me with this?

Old 11th September 2015, 14:06   #610  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

No, sorry, for several reasons.

First, BD3D2MK3D is not an OFS editor. (Currently, it is even unable to save the 3D-Planes in OFS format). It should be easy to write a little script that adds constant values at he end of the original (truncated) OFS, and fix the number of frames in the header, but I can't write a program for a so specific job, that will be useful only once and for one people. And I am not interested at all in a tool to add the OFS to the AVS stream. My goal is to convert the 3DBDs to MKV, and not to recreate new BDs from damaged material.

Secondly, I guess your release of Avatar is a pirated copy, and furthermore you don't have it any more. The D9 forum rules prohibit helping peoples having problems with pirated material. Sorry, but I have to respect the rules.
Old 14th September 2015, 13:29   #611  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

BD3D2MK3D v0.73

As promised, here is v0.73, that has mainly two important differences with the previous versions.

The 3D-planes (aka "Offset Sequences") are now saved as OFS files rather than in the old 3DP format. The only difference is that the OFS files have a header and are compatible with Scenarist and with the Sony 3DBD authoring tools (and perhaps also with other programs). It should therefore be possible to use the OFS files produced by BD3D2MK3D to re-author a 3DBD with Scenarist with the AVC and MVC video streams computed with FRIM or any other BD rebuilder tool, and keep the original subtitles depths. Users of BD3D2MK3D should not notify the difference. Thanks to Nico8583 for MVCPlanes2OFS.exe, used by BD3D2MK3D to extract the 3D-planes from the MVC stream and, with this new version, add the OFS header. Note that the old MVCPlanes.exe is not necessary any more and can safely be deleted from the toolset directory.

The other important change is that it is now possible to encode and mux the 2D version of the movie easily. The main script to encode the 3D version has been renamed to __ENCODE_3D.cmd, and there are now two scripts to produce the 2D versions of the movie. _ENCODE_2D.cmd is used to re-encode the 2D version with roughly the same parameters than the 3D version, and _MUX_2D_LOSSLESS.cmd can be used to simply mux the original AVC video stream with the audio and subtitle streams to produce a lossless (but large) 2D MKV file.

Note that _ENCODE_2D.cmd doesn't encode an avisynth script. It re-encodes directly the original AVC stream. It's faster and simpler, but that means that there are also some limitations. It is not possible to encode in HEVC with x265 (but if the x265 option has been selected in the GUI, the script to encode the 2D version will be produced anyway, with the latest options selected for the x264 encoder). Also, it is not possible to hardcode a subtitle stream over the video (but if a stream is hardcoded for the 3D version, that stream will simply been muxed with the 2D version). Some less important limitations apply too, such as the fact that the resize to 720p (if applicable) is always made by x264, and it is not possible to add N seconds of black at the beginning or end of the video. In short, everything that is made by the avisynth script cannot be made for the 2D version (except the resize to 720p).

Note that all script files beginning with two underscore are used only for the 3D version, and the scripts beginning with only a single underscore are for the lossless or re-encoded 2D versions.

There are also some other changes. See the history below:
Quote:
v0.73 (September 14, 2015)
- Added the possibility to re-encode the 2D version of the movie with _ENCODE_2D.cmd.
- Modified the file names of the scripts. The main script to encode the 3D version is now __ENCODE_3D.cmd.
- The 3D-Planes are now extracted to the OFS format (compatible with Scenarist) instead of the old 3DP format without header, thanks to MVCPlanes2OFS.exe by Nico. (The 3DP format can still be loaded by the subtitle tools.)
- Removed the obsolete tool "Convert Subtitles to 3D (fixed depth)" and its third party tool Suppe3D.exe.
- Added Tools -> Remove Cover Art from MKV File.
- You can now double-click a MPLS in tab 1 to preview it immediately.
- Removed Settings -> Verify Input Subtitles. That (slow) option should now be turned on automatically when necessary only.
- Fix: When an option was changed in the Settings menu, the "Add N seconds of black..." options in the last tab were saved also.
- Updated x264 to the latest version (v0.148.2597)
As usual, you can download the latest version here: BD3D2MK3D.7z
Have fun!
Old 20th September 2015, 09:00   #612  |  Link
Airmiles

Thanks r0lZ. Great work, as always !
Old 24th September 2015, 08:21   #613  |  Link
frank
Banned

v0.73 cannot convert subtitles to 3D (OFS) with Tools

If you want Convert Subtitles to 3D with 3D-Plane/OFS from .sup then you'll get the error message:
The 3D-plane file has not the right extension "ofs" (or ".3dp")

No way to convert edited sups with the new ofs edition.

Last edited by frank; 24th September 2015 at 08:26.
Old 24th September 2015, 10:17   #614  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Right. I have just noticed that bug yesterday. It is already fixed. I will release a new version soon...
Old 24th September 2015, 10:53   #615  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

BD3D2MK3D v0.74

OK, here it is. It's only a bugfix release.

Quote:
v0.74 (September 24, 2015)
- Fix: Convert Subtitle to 3D: The 3D-Plane file was rejected because the file extension was not checked correctly.
- Fix: Clone Subtitle Positions: There was 3 illegal characters at the beginning of the output file when the input XML is in UTF-8 format.
- Small cosmetic changes.
- Updated MkvMerge.exe and MkvPropEdit.exe to the latest version (v8.4.0).
Download: BD3D2MK3D.7z
Old 24th September 2015, 15:29   #616  |  Link
frank
Banned

Old 1st October 2015, 03:21   #617  |  Link
luzhu

Why can't I in the MVC video stream which extracts depth migration file (.Ofs)(.3dp)?

Quote:
Extraction of 3D-planes from MVC file with BD3D2MK3D v0.74 (c) r0lZ and MVCPlanes2OFS v2.0 (c) 2015 by Nico8583
Input MVC file: "00019.track_4114.mvc"
Output folder: "."
Command: "D:\Application installation\BD3D2MK3D20150927\toolset\MVCPlanes2OFS.exe" "00019.track_4114.mvc" "."

No 3D-Planes found, stop searching. Exit with code 2

Extraction took 0 seconds (00:00:00)
Extracted 0 3D-planes with 0 frames @ 0 fps.
1 warnings!

Please note that the 3D depth values stored in the 3D-planes must be applied to the two views.
The total displacement between the two subtitles is therefore two times the depth value.
For that reason, BD3D2MK3D uses internally depths value multiplied by 2.
This allows the user to specify manually more precide odd values for the total displacement of the two subtitles.
The values stored in the <depth> tags of the temp 2D XML files are also multiplied by 2, for the same reason.

Source subtitle streams information:
- Eng PGS, 3D-plane: 0
- Spa PGS, 3D-plane: 0

Last edited by luzhu; 2nd October 2015 at 13:05.
Old 1st October 2015, 07:23   #618  |  Link
Nico8583

Is your MVC track demuxed from an original 3D BD ? Or is it a remuxed 3D BD ?
It seems there is no information about depths and planes inside your MVC file...
Old 2nd October 2015, 13:03   #619  |  Link
luzhu

Is extracted from the original disk H264 and MVC video. There is no problem with this, right?
Old 2nd October 2015, 13:52   #620  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Welcome to the Doom9 forums, luzhu.

A correctly authored BD3D with subtitles should have 3D-planes, but there are badly BD3Ds with dummy (fixed depth) 3D-Planes or even without 3D-Planes at all. It's specially the case for cheap Asian 3DBDs. May I know what 3D movie you have tried to encode, and in what region?

Also, if you have downloaded an ISO from the internet (especially a re-authored BD with re-encoded video to fit on a BD-25), chances are that the 3D-Planes have been lost during the operation. Anyway, BD3D2MK3D requires a correct, original BD.

Note that the fact that a subtitle stream is associated with a specific 3D-Plane number in the playlist (as you can see in tab 1 or 2) doesn't mean that the 3D-Plane exists really in the MVC.

Anyway, as far as I know, MVCPlanes.exe (or now MVCPlanes2OFS.exe) has never missed the 3D-Planes when they are really present in the MVC stream. Therefore, I suppose that your BD has no 3D-Planes at all.

Also, I notice this:
Code:
Source subtitle streams information:
- Eng PGS, 3D-plane: 0
- Spa PGS, 3D-plane: 0
It's strange. Although it is not illegal to use the same 3D-Plane for 2 different subtitle streams, I have never seen that. Therefore, I guess that this is a badly authored BD, or a re-authored BD-25.

Anyway, BD3D2MK3D can't help. Sorry.

Last edited by r0lZ; 2nd October 2015 at 14:05.
Closed Thread